1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Aero Turbine 2525xl vs FlowMaster Super 40's/44's

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by philmdnls, Apr 25, 2017.

1. Jul 8, 2017 at 10:27 AM
    philmdnls

philmdnls [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Philip
    NC
    Vehicle:
    2004 Black Double Cab 4x4
    I haven't had an update in a couple of days so that could be true. If that's the case then I may have a muffler headed my way soon! I'll be sure to update once I receive it and then once it's on the truck. Hopefully will happen soon.

TRD2010SpeedwayBlue likes this.
  2. Jul 10, 2017 at 8:56 PM
    philmdnls

Member:
    First Name:
    Philip
    NC
    Vehicle:
    Gonna be another couple of weeks for the resonated version. The non-resonated version (2525) is back up on their website. Since I ordered the resonated version (2525xl) it looks like it'll be ready to ship two weeks from now.

3. Jul 10, 2017 at 9:05 PM
    Glueman

Glueman Yersinia pestis

Member:
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    The Plague....
    6 inch Douche Bag lift...what else do I need?
  4. Jul 11, 2017 at 5:03 AM
    TRD2010SpeedwayBlue

TRD2010SpeedwayBlue Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Vehicle:
    2010 Speedway Blue TRD Offroad
  5. Jul 30, 2017 at 6:36 PM
    TRD2010SpeedwayBlue

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Vehicle:
    did ya get the muffler yet?

6. Jul 30, 2017 at 6:57 PM
    philmdnls

Member:
    First Name:
    Philip
    NC
    Vehicle:
    Surprisingly, no. :annoyed: It's supposed to arrive the first or second week of August. As my inspection is due by tomorrow and my check engine light is still on, I had to make a decision. This past Thursday I was doing some searching called around to a few muffler shops, and I found one that would be able to fit me in tomorrow morning at 11:00. I didn't want to purchase another cheap muffler from an auto parts store, so he's going to cut out the old muffler and bend me some pipe to put in its place. I'll have him clear the check engine light for me and take the truck in for an inspection the following morning. Hopefully it'll pass so I can continue to drive it until the new muffler arrives. This should only be a temporary solution, and hopefully there isn't anymore delays on the muffler's arrival date. (Which there shouldn't be.) the folks at Diesel Power Products have been very courteous by offering to send it out first of all the 2525xl's they receive. They are also very annoyed with the nationwide backorder and how long it has taken to fulfill. I hope that this idea for tomorrow is a solution to getting my truck to pass inspection. I will be sure to update again, once I have the pipe in place. Will post a short video clip of how it sounds. I will do a comparison of each, the stock muffler with a hole in it, the muffler delete, and then finally the 2525xl when it arrives. Hopefully very soon.

7. Jul 30, 2017 at 7:12 PM
    TRD2010SpeedwayBlue

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Vehicle:

damn thats crazy!!! yeah i dont know what exhaust i want. if i shld just get a miffler or catbaxk. muffler be much cheaper but im going to have to need it welded on.
    i looked up the aFe exhaust systems. they sound nice. i asked the guy if i could just buy one of their 2.5 mufflers and hes like o it wont fit without modification. unsure how if the stock exhaust piping is 2.5 (i think).
    they have a rebel series but its a side exit with dual tips and i dont like how it looks. if they made that in reg exit i would get it.

have to install my lift which has been sitting at my parents house for almost a year now first before i go getting a muffler.
    friend was suppose to help me install it but sadly we dont even talk anymore over him being childish and stupid shit he wont get over.
    so i have to find another friend to help me out

8. Jul 30, 2017 at 7:17 PM
    philmdnls

Member:
    First Name:
    Philip
    NC
    Vehicle:
    I feel you man. The ones that stick around are the ones worth keeping. Hopefully you get that lift in soon! And I am fairly certain that my truck (1st Gen) is 2 and a quarter. Then again, any muffler shop should be able to fit a 2.5" muffler to the stock piping. Also don't be afraid to call around and see if people would do it for you. Shouldn't be too expensive. All you have to pay for is labor and any parts they may use (i.e. exhaust hangers, extra pipe, etc.). I'll be sure to post some videos when I get the AeroTurbine on. There are some great videos on YouTube on it for your truck if you do a little searching. I'll post a link if I find them.

9. Jul 30, 2017 at 7:34 PM
    TRD2010SpeedwayBlue

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Vehicle:
    o i have seen prob every video of the aero haah i have been watching vids for a while trying to find what i want.

this one sounds sick. but i dont like the side exit

https://youtu.be/sS7aZsK_TnE

they have a 2.5 inch exhaust that comes out the rear, stock location doesnt sound too bad

this guy has a bunch of vids.

https://youtu.be/mzbAdOUVqWs

10. Jul 30, 2017 at 7:56 PM
    philmdnls

Member:
    First Name:
    Philip
    NC
    Vehicle:
    Those sound sweet! I'm excited for the Aero Turbine though. Loved the way it sounded in all f the videos I've seen. Also, waiting two months for something has a way of building the excitement.

11. Aug 9, 2017 at 5:39 PM
    philmdnls

Member:
    First Name:
    Philip
    NC
    Vehicle:
    So I've been on vacation the past week and haven't been able to make a post on where I'm at in getting a new muffler. An email came in a few days ago saying that it would be about another week for the muffler to arrive. In order to pass inspection, I had a piece of pipe welded in place of the old muffler. Since it's required to have a muffler on your vehicle to pass inspection in North Carolina (not sure how strict they are on this), the guy I took my truck to kindly welded a larger pipe o a smaller pipe and then that to the stock pipes. In the end it resembles a glass pack. I took a video of the old muffler with the hole worn through, but I am unable to find it. I will post if I find it.

For now here's a video of the new, temporary straight pipe:

https://youtu.be/slT9WY_FX0I

12. Aug 9, 2017 at 6:05 PM
    TRD2010SpeedwayBlue

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Vehicle:

was wondering about your muffler earlier!
    that doesnt sound too bad for temp. were ya able to get your inspection?

13. Aug 9, 2017 at 6:41 PM
    philmdnls

Member:
    First Name:
    Philip
    NC
    Vehicle:
    I honestly like the sound of it. I was and I passed! Engine light came back on after I got it inspected. (Thankful it didn't before) Getting an O2 sensor replaced tomorrow morning because that's the code it was throwing.

14. Aug 17, 2017 at 4:20 PM
    philmdnls

Member:
    First Name:
    Philip
    NC
    Vehicle:
    Aeroturbine muffler still wasn't off of backorder as of Wednesday. After two months of waiting, I asked for my order to be refunded, and it was kindly refunded very promptly. After little more research on another option, I found Magnaflow and liked the sound of the mufflers and the design better than Flowmasters. So a few minutes ago I ordered a Magnaflow Performance Muffler with overnight shipping and should be here by either tomorrow or Saturday. So if I have better luck than I did this past go around, I should have it installed sometime next week. I will post up a clip once it's on. Sorry for anyone excited to hear the Aeroturbine! I would definitely like to try out that muffler sometime in the future.

15. Aug 17, 2017 at 4:23 PM
    TRD2010SpeedwayBlue

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Vehicle:
    damn man! i was guna post on here earlier, that sucks.

i still havent gotten an exhaust. idk what i should get a muffler or a full catback. might just do the AFE muffler

16. Aug 17, 2017 at 4:25 PM
    philmdnls

Member:
    First Name:
    Philip
    NC
    Vehicle:
    Go with whatever you think sounds good. In the end it's all up to what you think. If I had the money I would go a full catback system, but my wallet is going to run dry with a big purchase hopefully in my near future. (An instrument, not a truck. I wish though.)

17. Aug 17, 2017 at 4:38 PM
    TRD2010SpeedwayBlue

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Vehicle:
    yeah i mean my truck has 73k on it. the stock exhaust piping from what i can see seems ok.
    other than fresh piping theres really no difference if i get a catback vs muffler because it will sound the same wont it??

18. Aug 17, 2017 at 4:54 PM
    philmdnls

Member:
    First Name:
    Philip
    NC
    Vehicle:
    I don't think there will be much sound difference (honestly not too sure). I think people go with catback for performance benefits. People usually get a catback system with larger piping than stock to allow for a freer flowing exhaust system.

19. Aug 17, 2017 at 5:35 PM
    gainman

gainman Semper Fi

Member:
    SW Florida
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Sport Supercharged Manual
    Stuff
    Cat back does absolutely nothing for performance. The cats is where the restriction is. Just get the muffler

TRD2010SpeedwayBlue likes this.
  20. Aug 17, 2017 at 5:38 PM
    philmdnls

Member:
    First Name:
    Philip
    NC
    Vehicle:
    Oh okay, I thought the option of getting larger piping would help as well. Learn something new every day.

Products Discussed in

To Top