1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Aero Turbine 2525xl vs FlowMaster Super 40's/44's

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by philmdnls, Apr 25, 2017.

1. Aug 17, 2017 at 5:47 PM
    totmacher

totmacher automotive hypochondriac

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    TN (memphis-ish)
    Vehicle:
    4Runner, Tundra
    Cut & broke off some stuff.
    funny. I wanted to order an Aero back in may or june but nobody had them so i just assumed it was discontinued.

2. Aug 17, 2017 at 5:49 PM
    philmdnls

philmdnls [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Philip
    NC
    Vehicle:
    2004 Black Double Cab 4x4
    Their 2525 is back in stock, but if you want the resonated version you will have to wait some more.

3. Aug 17, 2017 at 6:48 PM
    totmacher

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    TN (memphis-ish)
    Vehicle:
    4Runner, Tundra
    wanted the XL and spent my exhaust money on other stuff already so no big deal for me to wait it out a while.

4. Aug 17, 2017 at 8:15 PM
    gainman

gainman Semper Fi

Member:
    SW Florida
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Sport Supercharged Manual
    Stuff
    You are not wrong. The problem is the catilytic converters are the restrictive part. You can take off all the piping behind them and that restriction will still be there

5. Aug 17, 2017 at 11:13 PM
    philmdnls

Member:
    First Name:
    Philip
    NC
    Vehicle:
    Understandable. Too bad in a state like mine, they're required to be on to pass emissions. I heard soon that NC may be going to just a safety test to pass an inspection. That emissions wouldn't be required anymore. I can't wait for that day.

6. Aug 18, 2017 at 7:40 AM
    TRD2010SpeedwayBlue

TRD2010SpeedwayBlue Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Vehicle:
    2010 Speedway Blue TRD Offroad
    exactly what i was i was thinking. catback more money too. but easier to install where muffler i will need to bring it somewhere to have current one cut and new one welded in

7. Aug 18, 2017 at 10:09 AM
    gainman

gainman Semper Fi

Member:
    SW Florida
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Sport Supercharged Manual
    Stuff
    50 bucks and 15 minutes of time. Would actually be easier and less time to get it welded in

8. Aug 18, 2017 at 11:39 AM
    philmdnls

Member:
    First Name:
    Philip
    NC
    Vehicle:
    That is true.
    Any muffler shop should be able and willing to install the muffler for you, it is money for them after all. Just call around and ask them for how much it would cost, read reviews of the shop online, and then schedule a time to have it installed.

9. Aug 18, 2017 at 12:42 PM
    Jaybird2010

Jaybird2010 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    J
    Middle TN
    Vehicle:
    2010 DCSB Speedway Blue
    3/2 lift, rock rails, XD wheels
    I ordered a Aero2525xl off Amazon last Friday and it came in yesterday. I took it to my local muffler shop and had it installed as well as a new 2.5" mid pipe and 2.5" tail pipe (axle dump). It sounds great at lower RPMs and cruising, it can get raspy when it gets above 4000 RPM under full throttle. Bottom line is, I am happy with the purchase. I have been told that Aero went out of business and Jones now owns the brand. You can buy this same 2525xl from Jones Exhaust. It looks identical to the Aero but has the Jones name on it. I paid $115 for the muffler, no tax and free shipping. Then I paid my local muffler shop $100 cash to install it and make up new pipes from the cat collector back.

Jacked Burton likes this.
  10. Aug 18, 2017 at 1:07 PM
    tattooedsnake

tattooedsnake Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Erick
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    '10 TRD sport 4x4
    -Bilstein 6112 front shock. Leveling lift -Bilstein 5100 rear shock w/TSB leaf pack. -Cooper Rugged Trek 265/70/17 -EBC front ultimax rotors w/yellow pads -Stoptech sport rear drums -Steel braided brake lines -Wet Okele seat covers front/rear with heaters -Custom built exhaust with Black Widow venom 250 muffler -Afe Stage 2 Dry CAI -Diode dynamics SS3 fog lights yellow. -OPT7 Projector Headlight Assembly w/Black backing -Undercover Flex Tonneau cover -Weather Tech floormats front and back
    Did you get aluminized or stainless steel for your pipe section for that price? I have been going around and getting quotes from muffler shops around my area. I am also looking to get a new muffler and tailpipe area welded in. I will be going with the black widow Muffler with duals split out of the back to replace the dual exhaust that I had which has now rusted.

The system that I had on before was aluminized and lasted about five years up here in CT. The cheapest price that I have got from a local shop for schedule 40 304 stainless is $450 to Bend and weld the pipe for the dual exhaust and I Supply the muffler and tips. The muffler is about $125 and then whatever tips I choose to go with. A couple of the shops are in the $600 range for pipe, hangers, and welds. Some of the others are ridiculous prices.

11. Aug 18, 2017 at 2:55 PM
    Jaybird2010

Jaybird2010 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    J
    Middle TN
    Vehicle:
    2010 DCSB Speedway Blue
    3/2 lift, rock rails, XD wheels
    That price was for Aluminized pipe and hangers, plus install. I provided the muffler which is stainless, though. I live in TN I should get more than 5 years out of the pipe. I didn't put on a tip as it is an axle dump and is barely visible anyway.

12. Aug 28, 2017 at 3:34 PM
    philmdnls

Member:
    First Name:
    Philip
    NC
    Vehicle:
    I received my Magnaflow muffler and had it installed this past weekend. Funny how it works out considering this thread's title. It is a Magnaflow Performance Oval Muffler with a 2.25" center inlet, and a 2.25" center outlet. I ordered it from Auto Anything and received it within 3 days. The part number is #14215 for those curious.

Here's a short video on YouTube:

https://youtu.be/4tGxYQZKLWM

I might do a drive by video and takeoff video someday if I find the time.

In my opinion it has a nice low rumble at idle, which I very much enjoy. It is pretty quiet at idle, but can be heard when accelerating. It then quiets back down when cruising. No in cab drone, not a hint of any rasp, and comfortable to speak over with no music playing. I like the throaty sound it gives when revving into your higher RPM's and when accelerating entering the highway. I am very happy with my purchase. I paid just a few bucks shy of $110 for the polished muffler shipped to my door. I then paid the muffler shop $70 to install it. It would have been $60 if I didn't have them replace the flange behind the 2nd cat which had a big exhaust leak. Was in and out of the shop in just under an hour. I am very happy with my whole experience and am very pleased with the sound. Sad I didn't get to do this with an Aeroturbine Muffler, but maybe the next time I want to change it up.

Voltron4x4 likes this.
  13. Dec 4, 2018 at 1:28 PM
    Charles135

Charles135 Well-Known Member

Member:
    LA-Orange county
    Vehicle:
    19 cement trd
    Did you ever get around to purchasing this muffler? I’m looking for a muffler I can swap with my stocker. Just not sure if these work well with the 3.5l engines. It was amazing on my 2014 taco which is why I’d like to get it again

14. Dec 4, 2018 at 5:28 PM
    totmacher

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    TN (memphis-ish)
    Vehicle:
    4Runner, Tundra
    Nope. Now instead of wondering about sound of it on Tacoma, I'm thinking about it for my 4Runner. But still keep finding other things besides exhaust to put money on.

Products Discussed in

To Top