1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

aFe intake, 4cylinder filter with V6

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by TRDMadness, May 19, 2011.

1. May 19, 2011 at 10:13 AM
    TRDMadness

TRDMadness [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chandler
    Clovis,CA
    Vehicle:
    1999 Toyota Tacoma TRD
    Eibach coilover with bilstein shock, Dakar Old Man Emu leafs with 5125 billies. Total Chaos uniball upper control arms. AFe cold air intake. Trail-gear stinger, rear tube bumper and slider.Debadged, chrome demolished.
    So I ordered my intake about 3-4 weeks ago, everyday hoping and waiting till it showed up. When it finally showed up at work I noticed that its for a 2.7L. I had already taken out the old intake and didn't want to put it back in. So I used the stock intake tunnel and attached the Afe filter to the stock airbox, with trimming and cutting I got it to bolt up so I didn't have to mess with the air sensor. The kit came with everything, for a 2.7! The shield around the filter is a little taller and the hood pops up in the corner, but its held down. Instead of sending the 2.7L intake back, I mocked it up in the truck, rigged it up and let it be until I get the new one, Im going to end up selling the 2.7L Afe intake, when I get the 3.4L intake. A question I had was that the stock air box has a small tunnel going into the fender well, should I take that out for even more air flying through the holes?For the time being The truck feels like it just got a tune up, running great, and noticed a little backfire when revving it up and letting off(sounds cool though). This is the only performance part on it right now.

Products Discussed in

To Top