1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

After a ton of research I need some lift help

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by robbytaco, Apr 29, 2013.

1. Apr 29, 2013 at 9:55 AM
    robbytaco

robbytaco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    San Antonio
    Vehicle:
    06 DC TRD Sport
    So I don't post on here much, but instead use the site as a resource of information as most of my questions have already been answered. So after having my truck for about a year and half now I've decided to lift it. I've been researching for a few months on different lifts and I've come to a decision.

I'll preface with what I'm driving ad my plans for the truck over the next 12-18 months. As of right now I have a 2006 dclb sport 4x4. I'm running moto metal 17x9 wheels with -12 offset and 265/70/17 terra grappler tires. They still have some meat on them and probably will stay on after the lift until I'm due for new rubber at which point I'll move up to 285's. my truck has approx 130k on it, I do a bunch of highway driving daily, 45 miles each way. So the truck will see quite a bit of highway driving. I have family up in PA and frequently visit and would like to start regularly takin the truck to Rausch which is only about 45 min from where my family lives. Also it will see some beach driving as I live on Long Island. I frequently tow a 18 ft center console and have my motorcycle in the bed as well.

So now on to my lift decision I'm going full OME with 886 as I plan on adding a plate bumper within 6-7 months of lifting and would prefer to deal with a mildly harsh ride for a bit rather than having to disassemble the front again in a few months. I want to go with dakars in the rear and in shopping are I found that there is an AAL for the dakars for people who tow and haul. My question really is in reference to the Dakar with the added leaf, I haven't found many mentions of this set up. Is anyone running it or would I be good with just the dakars the boats fairly small and the motorcycle is a sport bike so it's not insanely heavy. I do plan a rear plate bumper and sliders in the future as well as some skids. Is the AAL with the dakars over kill? Am I going to have a crazy rake? I know it wouldn't be level but I don't want the rake much more than it is stock. Any info would be appreciated.

2. Apr 30, 2013 at 8:59 AM
    robbytaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    San Antonio
    Vehicle:
    06 DC TRD Sport
    Damn no one running dakars with the AAL. Guess I'll be the guinea pig.

3. Apr 30, 2013 at 9:02 AM
    Large

Large Red

Member:
    You could add quite a bit of weight with the dakars alone and it won't sag much.

4. May 1, 2013 at 2:06 AM
    Ballz

Ballz Well-Known Member

Member:
    Bfe SF Bay
    Vehicle:
    2023 Ice Cap Taco TRD Pro
    If you're going with a bit of weight in the back look at the All-Pro Expedition rear springs too.

5. May 1, 2013 at 2:12 AM
    Matic

Matic The "OFG" Baby!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Tricky Dick
    Easley, SC
    Vehicle:
    1 owner 2002 TRD, SR5, DC, 2.7. Full OME suspension, STT pro's.
    OME 881 coils with OME nitrochargers shocks up front. TC UCA's OME Dakars with extra leaf in the rear. Warn 8000 winch with 80ft custom braided synth line. Custom 60ft synth extension. All pro tube bumper, Hi-lift jack, Safari Snorkel, Wilco tiregate. 2019 Jeep JLUR.
    Agreed.
    Even unloaded there only going to sit about an inch higher.

6. May 1, 2013 at 1:44 PM
    robbytaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    San Antonio
    Vehicle:
    06 DC TRD Sport
    Yea, I took a look at the expo's says with like 4-500 pounds of weight they will give full 3" lift and unloaded about 4. Just don't think I'll have that much weight all the time, and the ass end of these trucks is so light I figured those might ride harsh without the weight all the time. I guess I should figure how much weight I'll be adding by doing the rear bumper and skids, and then add that to the decision making process. Glad I'm not planning to pull the trigger on the lift until about July.

Products Discussed in

To Top