1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

After Market Steering wheel??

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by wolfgang123, Feb 2, 2012.

1. Feb 2, 2012 at 12:13 PM
    wolfgang123

wolfgang123 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Skyler
    Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle:
    1997 TACOMA - 4x4
    So i was looking into replacing my steering wheel (it got pretty messed up during some drunkin shenanigans). I found this on eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NRG-SRK-120...Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item19cd2af687

So would i only need the above ^^^ and an aftermarket steering wheel that hits the new hub adapter??

are there any other options for hub adapters? i am having a hard time searching as i don't really know the correct terminology.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  2. Feb 2, 2012 at 4:02 PM
    TacoMX

TacoMX TW's Official anti body-lift pundit

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Deltona, Florida
    not to sound like a stern father, but hope you weren't driving during these "drunken shenanigans"

3. Feb 2, 2012 at 4:17 PM
    thatguy0o0

thatguy0o0 trunk monkey

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Rapid City SD
    Vehicle:
    White '13 TRD Sport.
    Be careful because if you replace the steering wheel on newer vehicles or vehicles with SRS systems because if you tamper with or get a steering wheel without an airbag it is illegal in some states and could cause your truck not to pass inspection or cause your insurance company to really screw you over. So if it has an airbag I would recommend just doing a factory replacement but either way be careful and double check the local laws and things like that. Figure out what works for you and good luck finding the steering wheel that is right for you for you.

Products Discussed in

To Top