1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Aftermarket Backup camera power conection

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Mat-taco06, Mar 26, 2011.

1. Mar 26, 2011 at 11:40 AM
    Mat-taco06

Mat-taco06 [OP] 2006 Double cab TRD Sprot

Member:
    Bay Area, CA
    Viper alarm system w/ Remote start, Eclipse AVN5435 DVD/Navig system with Audiovox Backup Camera,09+ Tailgate Handle, Audiovox Head Rest units, EBC brake rotors, Weathertech Floor Liners, Power Inverter in Cabin
    I install a backup camera on my 06 tacoma, I install it and it works. the only problem is that im getting some interference with other things. For instance whem im backing up and the wipers are on Cuz its raining here in CA at this time :mad:. I see my screen flicker, I got the power sourse form the taillight. Has anyone else had this problem and what did you do to fix it or where did you get your power from.Thanks.

2. Mar 29, 2011 at 4:20 PM
    kristonex

kristonex Well-Known Member

Member:
    Maryland soon to be Denver
    Vehicle:
    2010 SR5 Access 4x4
    Debadged tailgate - Limo tinted windows - Sockmonkey bed decals - Fully custom upgraded stereo 9 speakers w/custom built subwoofer box 1200 watts total power - swapped white and blue LED gauges - integrated backup camera - removed front mud flaps - All interior lights swapped with LEDS
    Sounds like you need to check or get a better ground on your video cable. The outer shielded part.

Products Discussed in

To Top