1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

aftermarket clutches

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by somek1d09, Aug 2, 2009.

1. Aug 2, 2009 at 12:20 AM
    somek1d09

somek1d09 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brett
    Mendon
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Sport
    Two Kicker L5 subs with a Kenwood 1800 watt amp and Dual indash moniter. Flowmaster 50 series single in dual out right infront of the rear tires. Future Mods: (Within next month) URD True Cold Air Intake Airaid Throttle Body Spacer Future Future Mods: (When I get the money.) Toytec 3" lift Bilstein 5100s all around URD Short throw shifter Tints Custom Paint Dick Cepek DC-1s with 31"-32" tires All New Door Speakers/Components Total Chaos UCAs Custom Upholstery HID lights/fogs much more to add later on!
    After numerous problems with my clutches, i've decided to finally do an aftermarket clutch. i've been looking around and found only one honestly.. its a centerforceII. On their site it says for the 05-06 4.0 V6. i've got an 08 does any one know if it will still fit before i end up buying it or not? any pros or cons to the clutch?

2. Aug 2, 2009 at 12:31 AM
    HILOTOY

HILOTOY HILOTOY

Member:
    From Big Island
    Vehicle:
    05 trd 4wd off road,tow pack
    look at urdusa.com..........they have a few too:)

3. Aug 2, 2009 at 4:56 AM
    FL4x4Taco

FL4x4Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Centerforce clutches rock! I had one in my 4runner. Loved it. FYI, I also like my ACT clutch in my Supra. Both clutches were much stiffer than stock, which for me felt better thant he spongy grandma factory clutches. Not to mention never slipped. For some odd reason OEM clutches are soft... not sure why the manufactures want this. You don't feel in control of the clutch. YOu're just kinda guessing with it.

4. Aug 2, 2009 at 5:14 AM
    SpaceMonkey

SpaceMonkey Well-Known Member

Member:
    Houston, Tx
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner
    Check out NST here in Houston.

5. Aug 3, 2009 at 1:40 AM
    somek1d09

somek1d09 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brett
    Mendon
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Sport
    Two Kicker L5 subs with a Kenwood 1800 watt amp and Dual indash moniter. Flowmaster 50 series single in dual out right infront of the rear tires. Future Mods: (Within next month) URD True Cold Air Intake Airaid Throttle Body Spacer Future Future Mods: (When I get the money.) Toytec 3" lift Bilstein 5100s all around URD Short throw shifter Tints Custom Paint Dick Cepek DC-1s with 31"-32" tires All New Door Speakers/Components Total Chaos UCAs Custom Upholstery HID lights/fogs much more to add later on!
    alright, cool thanks guys. i've been leaning towards the centerforce ones.. the only thing is that the centerforce site says for 05-06 tacos would that make it so it'd not fit? I do a lot of offroading and some light towing and in general i want a stiffer clutch for when i start doing motor work to the truck along with a slight lift and bigger tires

6. Aug 3, 2009 at 2:10 AM
    RelentlessFab

RelentlessFab Eric @Relentless Fab Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Sparks, NV
    Vehicle:
    07 AC 6mt>03 SR5 >08 Sport and 17 6MT TRD OR
    Relentless Armored! Too many others to list.
    subscribed

Products Discussed in

To Top