1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Aftermarket Tacoma suspension on Hilux (2015)

Discussion in 'Hilux' started by Janostar213, Sep 9, 2021.

1. Sep 9, 2021 at 1:35 AM
    Janostar213

Janostar213 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Stupid question please don't grill me, but I'm kinda in a dilemma. Basically you can easily get Tacoma and Tundras aftermarket parts in the US but since Hilux is 'banned' in the US you gotto import right? I'm in the Caribbean and in order to get stuff we basically have to get our stuff shipped to a courier in the US who then brings it into my country. BUTTTT... I've been checking all these sites for Hilux parts and they're ALL Australia based and almost none of them ships to the US. And I've come across this site that does ship to the US but they're asking $530 in shipping ALONE!! Then I'll have to pay alot more shipping to get it shipped from the US into the Caribbean plus TAX. So basically my question is can Tacoma aftermarket suspensions be installed on a Hilux?

2. Oct 2, 2021 at 10:16 AM
    JAMES399

JAMES399 EL CAPO

Member:
    First Name:
    JAMES
    Alejandria Antioquia Colombia S.A.
    Vehicle:
    White 2003 Hilux DCSB 4x4 HI-RIDER +. 2.4L I-4, 5 spd.
    275/70R16 tires, gasolina or CNG fuel, Konig shox, Energy Suspension poly bushings,
    Hilux and Tacoma suspension parts are, for the most part, completely different. As far as getting aftermarket parts goes, you and I are in the same boat. I live in Colombia South America, and sourcing aftermarket parts here for my '03 'Lux (other than tires and rims) is impossible. Aussie parts places were a dead end, as you've already found out. I've been dealing with parts sellers in Thailand. Hiluxes are built and sold there. There are many Thai aftermarket parts sellers who list on Ebay. I've bought a lot of stuff through them and never had a problem. I have my purchases from Thailand shipped to an agent in the US (Florida) and they forward them to me in Colombia. Good pricing, and shipping from Thailand to the US is very reasonable (often free). Just search "Toyota Hilux Parts" on Ebay and search the sellers' store for what you want. Good Luck.

- JAMES
    BTW ... where in the Caribbean do you live ??

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
    Janostar213[OP] likes this.
  3. Oct 2, 2021 at 6:21 PM
    Janostar213

Janostar213 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Thanks so much. Guyana.

To Top