1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Air Bags needed?

Discussion in 'Towing' started by Alloutdrs1, Jul 7, 2012.

1. Jul 7, 2012 at 6:33 AM
    Alloutdrs1

Alloutdrs1 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Vehicle:
    12' Mag gray Doublecab 4x4
    Distinct Offroad light bar, Rigid E-series and amber duallys, Leer 100xq, Oem roof rack, Oem bed mat, Bullculla trailer plug relocate bracket, Rear diff vent mod, front mud flap chop, Color matched Grille w/Andres devil horns, Wet okoles and weathertechs
    Ok here is my dilemma i am getting ready to head up to Carlisle all truck nats the first weekend of august, its a 346 mile trip for me up there, mostly flat with a short stretch of hills when i am on rt17. I will be towing my S10 that weighs in at 3100 and either a friends trailer if it works out that weighs 800 or a u-haul trailer that weighs in at 2200 from what i understand. So if i go the u-haul way I'm looking at 5300, my truck has the tow package and I'm within the specs but i have been tossing around the idea of adding helper bags in the rear. Since i have never towed with this truck yet how do you guys think it will handle the load? I don't want to have a 346 mile ride that is miserable and wish i had added the bags but this is the only time i will tow and that's once a year so if there not needed i will just haul it as my trucks sits. Thanks.

2. Jul 9, 2012 at 6:03 PM
    bottomline

bottomline Member

Member:
    First Name:
    mike
    los angeles
    Vehicle:
    06 prerunner sr5
    leer utility tool cap box w/ladder rack,deezee bed mat,firestone ride rite air bags, KYB shocks
    Get the firestone ride rite air bags. I just installed mine and it makes all the difference in carrying all my plumbing equipment plus shell with shevles. But it took a lot longer then 2hours to install the bags.

Products Discussed in

To Top