1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Air filter?

Discussion in '4 Cylinder' started by EIS, Oct 23, 2011.

1. Oct 23, 2011 at 1:57 PM
    EIS

EIS [OP] New Member

Member:
    I drive a 96 2.7. I need a new Air filter, any suggestions? Do any aftermarket filters give off a better sound?

2. Oct 27, 2011 at 8:53 PM
    YodasYota

YodasYota I'm here for the chicks.

Member:
    First Name:
    Yoda
    Orange County CA/the Dagobah system
    Vehicle:
    White 2005 2.7L
    aFe pro dry s drop in, secondary air filter delete, "Black Box" mod, debadged, tinted windows, 300mm Broadway rear view mirror, LED brake lights, side markers, rear turn signals, plate lights, and interior lights. Flowmaster cat back exhaust, a cracked tail light that I fixed with some tape, all black grille, 15” Raceline 401B wheels, Goodyear 235/75/15 All Terrain Tires
    The reason why an after market air filter is better than a paper(stock) is it should last the life of your truck all you have to do is clean it. I have an AFE pro dry air filter that's what I'd recommend vs. an oil based filter. You can wash it with soap an water vacuum it or even just tap it with your hands if you wana be lazy. As far as sound goes no I didnt hear a difference. Maybe a difference in response but it could just me thinking it is haha.

Products Discussed in

To Top