1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Air Force reserve?

Discussion in 'Jobs & Careers' started by THExBUSxDRIVER, Apr 11, 2011.

1. Apr 11, 2011 at 2:10 AM
    THExBUSxDRIVER

THExBUSxDRIVER [OP] Victory is reserved...

Member:
    First Name:
    GOO5E
    Vehicle:
    Old Man Tan!
    Not enough.
    Ok, I'm sitting here wondering what to do now. Recently laid off from my pharmacy position at the hospital made me turn my attention back to the AF. I thought about it a while back but now that I have no job I'm thinking about it more and more.

I had always wanted to give the military a try but for some reason I get nervous because I have no guidance so I decided to give the reserves a try just to get my feet wet. I have an associates of science but not sure if I want to stay in the med field.

I did some search and seems like Travis AFB would be one of my choices to be as reserve. Talked to a recruiter and let him know that I have seasonal allergies that sometimes trigger asthma like symptoms but he said it was ok and they would run tests.

Any input from you guys?

2. Apr 11, 2011 at 11:09 AM
    THExBUSxDRIVER

Member:
    First Name:
    GOO5E
    Vehicle:
    Old Man Tan!
    Not enough.
    Bump for some info

3. Apr 11, 2011 at 11:29 AM
    jblaze805

jblaze805 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ventura/Fresno, CA
    Vehicle:
    04 trd pre-runner
    2.5" king coilovers, caburg uca, magnaflow exhaust, aem intake
    I say go for it...boot camp isnt hard u would be learning a new trait for free and will be getting paid for it while at your trade school, plus once your done u can use that skill u learned to find a civilian job thats if you choose a job that his high in demand and then when you leave for the weekend to go to your drill you get paid for it, and if you want to go to school they pay for it too. the only thing to consider is if your reserve unit gets activated then would more than likely prob have to go overseas if your ok with that then ur good to go.

From my experience of being in the military, yes it has its ups and downs but it was a good learning experience you get to see other parts of the world, meet new people from all over, dont have to worry about finding a place to live, 3 meals a day of course i was active duty so being a reserve would be a little different. let me know if you have any questions.

4. Apr 11, 2011 at 12:07 PM
    THExBUSxDRIVER

Member:
    First Name:
    GOO5E
    Vehicle:
    Old Man Tan!
    Not enough.
    Thanks for the input blaze and for the help on the emblem!

gonna give myself a month or two to get my fitness up just in case they except me.

5. Apr 11, 2011 at 1:08 PM
    jblaze805

jblaze805 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ventura/Fresno, CA
    Vehicle:
    04 trd pre-runner
    2.5" king coilovers, caburg uca, magnaflow exhaust, aem intake
    not a problem. yeah just make sure your up to there standards like being able to pass there physical fitness test and your in there weight height ratio limit. good luck with it, its a good experience and your still young.

6. Apr 11, 2011 at 1:11 PM
    jacob_wood

jacob_wood Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jacob
    San Jose, CA (Nor-Cal)
    Vehicle:
    2010 SSM DCLB
    Subbed for info although im looking at navy reserves. Good luck to you and your decision whatever the outcome might be.

To Top