1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

AJT Injection Key Fob for 3rd gen PTS

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by Oscar I, Dec 27, 2018.

1. Dec 27, 2018 at 1:11 PM
    Oscar I

Oscar I [OP] No longer a toyota driver

Member:
    AJT Key Fob Review and Assembly

This is the first mod I have done to the Tacoma. Not because it was the first thing I wanted it’s just the first one to show up.

The first thing I noticed about the Tacoma when I test drove it was the PTS (Push to Start) key is very flimsy and light weight. While sitting in the dealership I actually had it slide out of my pocket. With all the things I access these days having gone to electronic codes or biometrics I don’t carry a key ring anymore to weight it down and that key falling out while sitting was concerning. Granted I was kicked back with my feet up waiting on them but still. So, when I was browsing the forum and saw these I thought I’d give it a try. In addition to being a bit heavier than factory and substantially sturdier I liked that I could color match it to my Calvary Blue 2019. Despite the cosmetic appeal this change also lets it stand out from other Toyota keys.

Here is how it came packaged.
    I assume the screws were in a separate bag because you can select from a few screw colors.

[​IMG]

Comparing to the OEM fob it’s about the same size just not as rounded

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

To put this together is a simple task.

First step is to get the guts out of the OEM Fob. Opening it is done with the metal key inside the fob.

[​IMG]

Once open simply move the guts to the new fob.

[​IMG]

Next take the spring out of the hardware bag and press it into the key release.

[​IMG]

Then insert it into the space for the release. One side is deeper the other than other, so it won’t go together backwards.

[​IMG]

Finally place the back plate on and install the screws. Don’t crank them down just tighten them to snug and maybe a ¼ turn more.

[​IMG]

I think it matches the Calvary Blue well.

wagonman likes this.
  2. Dec 28, 2018 at 5:59 PM
    wagonman

wagonman Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2019 Cement Tacoma TRD Sport
    TRD pro black wheels, TRD Pro Heritage grill
    Thanks for the review and instructions! I’m going to get one for my 2019 in Cement.

Oscar I[OP] likes this.
  3. Dec 28, 2018 at 6:37 PM
    Oscar I

Oscar I [OP] No longer a toyota driver

Member:
    Glad it helped. I love it so far.

Products Discussed in

To Top