1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

alarm and rail for the tacos trd sport

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by bra, Oct 6, 2007.

1. Oct 6, 2007 at 3:03 AM
    bra

bra [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2008 AC 4X4 TRD sport
    Badges off
    Hi guys
    I'm going to buy a tacoma 07 or 08 and I will take the acces cab model auto 4x4 with trd sport and I want to know if with this option the car alarm is included in the trd sport package. And i have seen some dble cab model have the rail for put their racks. I want to know if there is for acces cab model too.
    And my last question is why toyota put the rear drum brakes on his new tacoma, is it better than disc brakes? Why don't put 4 weel disc brake like new tundra. I hope someone will give me answer... I love the design of this truck
    Best regards

2. Oct 6, 2007 at 3:08 AM
    Silver_Jim

Silver_Jim Well-Known Member

Member:
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    2019 Toyota Tacoma DCOR
    Hi there and welcome.
    The alarm is not included in any TRD packages offered here in Maryland. Did you go to their the Toyota Web Site. They outline what is included in each package. That's not to say your dealer may throw it in, but I doubt it since the trucks seem to be in high demand.

I am not sure what you mean by "rail ... racks"? Are you talking bed rail or about a roof rack?

I was wondering about the drum brakes too.

3. Oct 6, 2007 at 10:40 AM
    The_Hodge

The_Hodge Volunteer Moderator

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L
    Seeing the third gen section forced me to get a Ford...
    i'm guessing he's talking about the roof racks

4. Oct 6, 2007 at 2:42 PM
    bra

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2008 AC 4X4 TRD sport
    Badges off
    Hello
    Yes i'm talking about the roof racks, I want to put racks but I want the rail in the access cab, i don't know if there is in access cab models.
    For the alarm, why in a website they talk about the standrad alarm included into the dblecab prerunner, is it the same for other models?

5. Oct 6, 2007 at 3:05 PM
    Silver_Jim

Member:
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    2019 Toyota Tacoma DCOR
    In that case, dont know and dont know. Sometimes Toyota SE does some extra special offerings that are not offered in other areas. Maybe you have a regional offer of some type?

6. Oct 6, 2007 at 3:37 PM
    rhoppas

rhoppas Land of Oz

Member:
    Topeka, KS
    Vehicle:
    07 Double Cab V6 TRD Sport Tow
    Earnhardt Cannons, Terra Grapplers, Viper alarm, Hunter4x4 Bull Bar, 6" Pro Comp Off-Road lights, extra set of bed D-rings, Chrome exhaust tip, Metra Ipod/MP3 adapter, Garmin GPS, CarriageWorks grill, Maglite mounted to driver seat, 9" Stubbie Antenna, WeatherTech floor liners, Saddleman Neoprene seat covers, DeeZee bed mat
    I am not aware of an alarm on the TRD trucks either. They have remote entry, and they have the engine immobilizer which prevents someone from starting the truck without a key with the proper chip in it. But there is no actual alarm siren. I had the Viper aftermarket alarm system added to my truck the day after I bought it.

Sorry, I know nothing about roof racks.

There is nothing wrong with the rear disc brakes. They may not be state of the art but they work well.

Good luck buying a taco. You will love it!

7. Oct 8, 2007 at 7:20 AM
    nd

nd Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
  8. Oct 9, 2007 at 12:09 AM
    bra

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2008 AC 4X4 TRD sport
    Badges off
    Thanks for the links, but dodge dakota has rear drum brakes in the past but have rear disc brake now!! no matter rear drum is cool too. For my options my friend said to me when he has bought his 05 tacoma dble cab trd sport v6 4x4 , the alarm was standard and the rail of the roof too. I'm not sure if in access cab we can add an options for the rail of the roof racks because I have onl seen that on dble cab model, it's maybe not compatible to access cab because of his length. In option there is the VIP TOYOTA ALarm. Is it a good alarm with sensor etc...

9. Oct 9, 2007 at 5:58 AM
    nd

nd Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    No idea about alarms, but i know they're not standard, at least not in my region...

10. Oct 9, 2007 at 6:34 AM
    rhoppas

rhoppas Land of Oz

Member:
    Topeka, KS
    Vehicle:
    Earnhardt Cannons, Terra Grapplers, Viper alarm, Hunter4x4 Bull Bar, 6" Pro Comp Off-Road lights, extra set of bed D-rings, Chrome exhaust tip, Metra Ipod/MP3 adapter, Garmin GPS, CarriageWorks grill, Maglite mounted to driver seat, 9" Stubbie Antenna, WeatherTech floor liners, Saddleman Neoprene seat covers, DeeZee bed mat
    Sorry, I have no clue how good the Toyota alarm is. I always put Viper alarms on all my vehicles.

11. Oct 9, 2007 at 5:00 PM
    Silver_Jim

Member:
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    2019 Toyota Tacoma DCOR
    How do you like the Viper? What's an average install price?:confused:

12. Oct 9, 2007 at 5:33 PM
    maverick491

maverick491 Towing Guru

Member:
    South Jersey
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 Access Cab, TRD off road, 6 cyl, 6 spd
    Activator III brake controller, Extang Fulltilt toneau, Factory bed mat, Extra D-rings in the bed, 2ndary air filter removed, Garmin Ique GPS, Eco-2, AFE Pro Dry-s filter, USASPEC PA12-toy, Pioneer 3-way speakers, SG II on Blendmount, Gulf States Alarm added.
    Disclaimer Opinions of Maverick491 will follow.

I do not have extensive knowledge of alarm systems. However, with that said, I have every intention of putting the Toyota VIP alarm in my truck in the spring. Now, for my purposes it will be perfectly fine, and it is a factory accessory, which has it's benefits not the least of them will be what I expect will be a plug and play install (I hope). Now as you may or may not know my Taco is not my daily driver, and spends most of it's time in the garage. I want to alarm primarily for camping. We are planning a week and half camping trip to Maine next year, and while we'll probably stay for a bit in Vermont or up-state New York, and stay for a while in Maine, the other 2-3 nights will be short layovers in Walmart parking lots. (if you were not aware Walmart is an RV friendly company and permits overnighting in their parking lots.) I want to be able to alarm the truck so that while I am sleeping I will feel secure about my truck since if it goes off I'll be right there to hear it. That said, alarms don't really get anyone's attention who does not own the vehicle. So if you live in an apartment, or go to the mall alot, or take your truck to work, then you may want to consider one of those alarm systems that has a pager with it, so that the truck "beeps" you if there's a problem. This makes the most sense to me because you are really the only one who will care if your alarm is going off.

As far as the roof rack goes.

I do not believe that there is an option to put the Toyota factory rack on an access cab, I belive it is designed around the double cab. You could consider Thule or Yakima racks though as each has a "fit kit" for the access cab taco's and are far stronger then any factory rack, and don't require drilling into your roof. There is a pic of one in my photogallery. Click on the camera on the side of this post. Sorry, it's too late tonight for me to bother to link it. I'll edit the post in the morning to do the link.

13. Oct 9, 2007 at 6:46 PM
    rhoppas

rhoppas Land of Oz

Member:
    Topeka, KS
    Vehicle:
    Let me start by saying that I agree 100% with Maverick's take on alarms. I know I do not stop to check out the situation when I hear someone else's alarm going off. I just keep on walking.

I put alarms on my vehicles to let me know when someone is messing with it while it is parked in my driveway. Twice I have had the alarm wake me in the middle of the night. When I looked out someone was attempting to break into my car. Therefore, I do not need the pager version. I get the middle of the road Viper. It costs me $300 installed.

Products Discussed in

To Top