1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Alarm / Starter DYI

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by WV_Tacoma, Aug 29, 2009.

1. Sep 15, 2009 at 11:27 AM
    WV_Tacoma

WV_Tacoma [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Huntington, WV
    Vehicle:
    05 Pre, DBL Cab
    Not enough
    It says it has 5 on-board relays (parking lights)

2. Sep 15, 2009 at 11:39 AM
    stang88

stang88 Well-Known Member

Member:
    oh jesus.. you have no idea what ur talking about.. our tacoma's have a neg pulse lock wires... you use the factory arm/disarm wires.. they also lock and unlock the doors.... please read more before posting wrong info.

3. Sep 15, 2009 at 11:41 AM
    stang88

Member:
    it has 5 total relays... the parking light is only 1 relay..... what are you stuck on? i sent you a complete wiring sheet for this vehicle. unless you have a test light DO NOT just start hooking up wires.

4. Sep 15, 2009 at 11:54 AM
    WV_Tacoma

Member:
    Huntington, WV
    Vehicle:
    05 Pre, DBL Cab
    Not enough
    stang I think you just like hearing yourself talk. 1hr to install yours, however you can't help a fellow taco guy out to install theirs. I posted out the Autopage book. Yes I have no idea what I am doing, that is why i am asking for help and reading for days to figure it out. I don't care if I screw it up, only to figure this stuff out. If you don't want to help a beginner out then get the F of my thread.

When I figure this out, I will post some details for other beginners to try.

5. Sep 15, 2009 at 12:23 PM
    stang88

Member:
    i will help you.... but i need to know what parts you are having problems with. if its the parking lights then you need a test light to find the right wire. I have been doing remote starts since 1995... i am very good at them... so when you tell me what you are stuck on.. and i tell you what to do.. dont get upset.... i dont wanna see you fry ur ecm or anything else in ur truck.... if ur taking this as me not wanting to help, then ur taking it wrong... just tell me what info u need.. i iwll try and help you.

6. Sep 15, 2009 at 12:58 PM
    Raylo

Raylo Well-Known Member

Member:
    MD, USA
    Vehicle:
    2023 Tundra SR5 OffRoad; (2009 Tacoma - sold)
    All stock, except for audio and convenience add-ons
    [Just tryin' to help but I admit I am not familair with the Autopage gear. maybe I'd be better if I could do a job like this in a hour.... LOL!

quote=stang88;935972]oh jesus.. you have no idea what ur talking about.. our tacoma's have a neg pulse lock wires... you use the factory arm/disarm wires.. they also lock and unlock the doors.... please read more before posting wrong info.[/quote]

7. Sep 15, 2009 at 6:32 PM
    WV_Tacoma

Member:
    Huntington, WV
    Vehicle:
    05 Pre, DBL Cab
    Not enough
    Got the alarm working well. still have some final questions on the str side.

PKALL Expresskit model.........

1. Do you cut the RX/TX wires from the 7pin(#4,5 wire)? Or splice into them?
    same ? for the key sense?

2. Where does the running status from PKALL go on the Starter?

Having problems to get the PKALL to blink after program sequence...

Thanks

8. Sep 15, 2009 at 6:36 PM
    stang88

Member:
    you just splice into the tx/rx wires..... you must also splice into the keysense wire...... then hook up the power for it... then follow programming... in the programming stage once the led comes on solid on the bypass module.. simply insert the key in the ignition.. if wired up right.. the led will blink 10 times... then ur done!!

9. Sep 15, 2009 at 6:47 PM
    Raylo

Raylo Well-Known Member

Member:
    MD, USA
    Vehicle:
    Splice! That's the beauty of the PK-All compared to some previous modules. The running status should be a wire from the autopage that shows constant ground when running. Can't help with the color but the manual should show you... or Stang can provide, no doubt. Sounds like you're almost done. Excellent!

10. Sep 15, 2009 at 6:59 PM
    WV_Tacoma

Member:
    Huntington, WV
    Vehicle:
    05 Pre, DBL Cab
    Not enough
    currently

RX & TX spliced in at the 7pin...#3,4 wires. Ign Key housing

Key sense wire spliced in at the 2 pin connector next to the 7pin...Greenwire next to the wht/blk.

While running - (status) Not sure where to connect this, not connected at this time.

D2D wire set up, red +, black grnd to body...

Progrm. hold down button, install D2D wire & 2nd connection, release bttn, install key....lights stays solid...............???????????

Found others with same just no fixes.

11. Sep 15, 2009 at 6:59 PM
    WV_Tacoma

Member:
    Huntington, WV
    Vehicle:
    05 Pre, DBL Cab
    Not enough
    currently

RX & TX spliced in at the 7pin...#3,4 wires. Ign Key housing

Key sense wire spliced in at the 2 pin connector next to the 7pin...Greenwire next to the wht/blk.

While running - (status) Not sure where to connect this, not connected at this time.

D2D wire set up, red +, black grnd to body...

Progrm. hold down button, install D2D wire & 2nd connection, release bttn, install key....lights stays solid...............???????????

Found others with same just no fixes.

12. Sep 15, 2009 at 7:02 PM
    WhatThePho?

WhatThePho? Greg Graffin 2016

Member:
    First Name:
    Andre
    HCMC, VN
    Vehicle:
    2006 STi
    The things required to pull bitches
    Sorry for thread jacking, But I have an alarm already installed, It sucks though. Installing another one will be simple and straight forward right? Since all the connectors are there All i will have to do is transfer right?

13. Sep 15, 2009 at 7:06 PM
    WV_Tacoma

Member:
    Huntington, WV
    Vehicle:
    05 Pre, DBL Cab
    Not enough
    Not sure why that posted twice...

found where Raylo was fishing on TSF....Same right up on the clifford....Very nice..No reason anyone couldn't install clifford with your notes. I don't know why there isn't a step by step instructions for say Taco 2nd's to install from manufactures. Our trucks are the same wiring. Oh well, I will am learning...Found out what a diode and relay are!!!

14. Sep 15, 2009 at 7:19 PM
    Raylo

Raylo Well-Known Member

Member:
    MD, USA
    Vehicle:
    I've been on TSF for a long time. Went there for a computer issue but mostly hang out in auto (mech and audio) forums. Seems a lot of folks have problems with their Chevy S10s, one of which I traded last Nov for the Tacoma. I got lots of "experience" fixing that thing... might as well share. Kind of nice that with the Tacomas we are mostly in the mode of making em better for now. Maybe 5 years on we'll be having to fix them more.

Based on your questions there are a couple of things I could add to the writeup to make more clear but it was mainly for my reference in the first place.

Looked at the Autopage specs and Stang is right you don't need relays for locks, which I'm sure you figured out.

15. Sep 15, 2009 at 7:29 PM
    WV_Tacoma

Member:
    Huntington, WV
    Vehicle:
    05 Pre, DBL Cab
    Not enough
    Well maybe together we can put together some pics and step by step insts for all these taco guys...I am sure lots would like to do this, just not easy when you don't know didley...but it is aggravating and fun at the same time.

16. Sep 15, 2009 at 8:12 PM
    CoreyJ

CoreyJ Well-Known Member

Member:
    Laurel, MS
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road

OMG! :eek: WHAT!

For someone who claims to have been doing alarms for so long, you are an idiot for using a test light. You should know, if you have been installing as long as you claim, that if he accidentally hits an airbag wire with that test light, it will deploy all his airbags and possibly cause him bodily harm. Not only that, but he can fry the trucks ECM when he tests for several of the wires that WILL have to be tested for.

I questioned your ability when you said you could do a remote start in an hour, even soldering the wires (an excellent installer would take at least 2). Now, I doubt everything you have claimed.

17. Sep 15, 2009 at 8:17 PM
    CoreyJ

CoreyJ Well-Known Member

Member:
    Laurel, MS
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road

There are known issues with the PK-ALL (commonly referred to as a PK-fail) not programming properly. There is a firmward update for it you will have to download and flashed. But you have to be a dealer I think to have the parts you need to flash the module.

If it is any possible for you, find an older XK-05 module, and do away with the PK-ALL.

Edit: I was just reading where they have supposedly fixed the issues with the PK-All as of a couple weeks back. I havn't installed one of the new ones to know for sure. But I should be doing mine shortly, and I only have access to the PK-All module myself, so I guess I will see.

18. Sep 15, 2009 at 9:11 PM
    WV_Tacoma

Member:
    Huntington, WV
    Vehicle:
    05 Pre, DBL Cab
    Not enough
    Double checked to PK wires, all looks good. Need to connnect the "while running status wire" tomorrow and recheck to see if that helps.

I have a addendum sheet PK sent that corrects the D2D cable wires.
    If I am reading it correctly it says D2D-wire2wire, use red +, blk grnd...makes since..and to cap the blue rx and green tx......I guess since you tie these in with the other connector.

19. Sep 15, 2009 at 9:52 PM
    CoreyJ

CoreyJ Well-Known Member

Member:
    Laurel, MS
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road
    Check on the box and see what version of the PK-All you have. You may need to have it flashed to the 4.0 (beta) firmware. That has corrected most of the issues that the PK-All has with Toyota vehicles.

The most common issues experienced with the PK-ALL in toyota's are failure to program the key. Sometimes, when using the D2D cables, the alarm brain would activate the PK-ALL late, a split second after the start sequence started, and the vehicles anit theft would not let it start (the very thing the pk-all is needed to bypass). Usually not using the D2D cables, and wiring it up straight to the alarm wires fixed this problem. There has also been issues where some of the D2D cables are pinned incorrectly (the wires were put into the plug in reverse order).

20. Sep 15, 2009 at 10:11 PM
    WV_Tacoma

Member:
    Huntington, WV
    Vehicle:
    05 Pre, DBL Cab
    Not enough
    PKALL Xpresskit Optimax series Hardware Vr:2 Software Vr:3.4, DC:8L

Guess i tossed the box. All infor from the module. Found were others had the same problems just no reply on how they fixed it.

Products Discussed in

To Top