1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Alarm system for 2008 Tacoma

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by JWWPHOTO, Aug 9, 2008.

1. Aug 9, 2008 at 9:53 AM
    JWWPHOTO

JWWPHOTO [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Westlake, Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma Pre-Runner w/ TRD packag
    I checked with my local dealer and inquired about the installation of a Alarm System. $700 Plus installed.

I am wondering if there are any compatible systems out there that are fairly easy to install.

Thanks for any info....

Jeff W. Waldrop

OK, I don't know why this is in Audio / Video...... I apologize, but still would like some info on alarms.....

Jeff

2. Aug 9, 2008 at 5:10 PM
    MikeS.

MikeS. Well-Known Member

Member:
    Far Eastern WVa
    Vehicle:
    2008 DC LB 4x4 in Speedway Blue.
    Undercover bed topper, Nerf style step bars, Python alarm, Ham radio with 250 watt amp and chrome wheel well bling.
    There are a lot better alarms on the market then the RS3k series. For a lot less money. I bought a Python with remote start and a 2-way remote for 475 installed. A lot of people here like the DE stuff.

3. Aug 10, 2008 at 12:28 AM
    atsaubrey

atsaubrey Dealer/Sales Rep for Sundown Audio.

Member:
    california
    Vehicle:
    blue 2007 double cab
    Sundown Audio 100.4 and 1500D, Pioneer 880PRS, Zapco Refernece 6.5" comps, 2 10" Image Dynamics IDQ, 200ft of Second Skin deadener, Kicker wire
    Hard for me to comment on the alarm thing. Car Audio is my passion and for me "any" alarm as along as it does its job works for me. I have a Prestige in the Taco and a Hornet in my competition car. I have used Viper and Python and Audiovox in the past and have had success with all of them. I dont care for remote start and all the bells and whistles, for me a loud siren, door locks and a shock sensor are the most important things. I think (imo) the more bells and whistles the more chance for failure.

p.s.
    these are one thing I DO NOT install, aint got the patience. :eek:

Products Discussed in

To Top