1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Alarm To Protect the Bed Contents

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by kcossabo, Oct 10, 2009.

1. Oct 10, 2009 at 1:24 PM
    kcossabo

kcossabo [OP] Kevin Cossaboon

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Round Hill, VA
    Vehicle:
    2009 4dr 4x4 Tacoma
    Firestone Destination A/V, Kenwood DX8120, ScanGauge, Second Back Up Camera, Aris Bull Bar, KC Driving Lights, Weston Nerf Bars, Tonneau Cover, Bed Extender, Dynamat in doors and floor, Kenwood KSC-SW10 150W Compact Powered Subwoofer, Kenwood KFC-1362 5-1/4" 3-Way Speaker (Rear), Kenwood KFC-1682ie 6-1/2"/6-3/4" 3-way Speakers (front), Heated Signal Muth Mirror System, ScanGauge II, Viper 5701 Alarm with Tilt, Proximity, 4 window remote up/down, and remote start.
    I just got a Viper 5701 installed in my 09 Taco 4 Door, Digital Tilt Sensor, remote start, front and rear Power Window Control and Field Disturbance Sensor.

It works great, but the Field Disturbance Sensor was to protect the back 2 feet of the bed (if I had something in the back of the bed you would get the warn away alarm). The guys at Kar Tunes are great, but we are stuck. The Field Disturbance Sensor is turned up so much that walking by the truck sets it off, yet nothing in the back.

Any ideas on how to protect the Bed the same as a convertible? If you reach into it, alarm/warning?

I do not have the install guide, but would turning the Field Disturbance Sensor 90 degrease put more radar out the front and rear windows, than the sides, and help 'see' the bed?

thanks in advance...

Products Discussed in

To Top