1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Albany NY area members?

Discussion in 'North East' started by mccawi02, Jan 30, 2010.

1. Jan 30, 2010 at 8:43 PM
    mccawi02

mccawi02 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Delmar, NY
    Vehicle:
    09 DC 4X4 TRD OFFRD
    Shout out to anyone in upstate NY! Looking for general info on offroad trails and good fun with tacoma lovers.

2. Jan 31, 2010 at 1:00 AM
    toughtaco

toughtaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    05 tacoma dbl cab short bed
    TRD CAI, MBRP dual exhaust, PIAA headlights and driving lights, 5% limo tint, 3 inch Skyjacker lift , AFE throttle body spacer, 285/70/17 BF Goodright AT TA KO, Grillcraft MX with PIAA's behind the grill, anytime fog light mod, reverse camera anytime mod, and PIAA fog lights on the rear bumper anytime mod light bar behind back window with truck lights for reverse assistance, Optima Red Top Battery, Onza 3x5" LEd reverse lights attached to light bar behind cab
    Welcome from Orange County here. I am only about 90 mintues from you. There is a 4 wheel drive club here Hudson Valley 4 Wheelers. They are a club in the area, they are pretty cool, they know all the trails around here. I am trying to set up a meet in this area if you are intersted. Check out how far it is to Newburgh. Possible dates are Feb 20 or Feb 21 dont know yet. Let me know.

3. Jan 31, 2010 at 1:45 AM
    Yoytoda

Yoytoda The Little Truck That Could

Member:
    First Name:
    Roland
    Big Bear,CA / Upstate NY(Saratoga)
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma Regular Cab 4x4
    completely stock
    hi from saratoga... no trails here :(... but now that im technically in socal right now... trails everywhere!!!!

4. Jan 31, 2010 at 4:12 AM
    adktacoma

adktacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    danny
    upstate new york
    Vehicle:
    09 trd sport bsp
    stock (for now)
    Welcome to tw mccawi02, i live in Pottersville wich is about an hour north of you in the Lake George area. Not many legal trails up here, gotta kinda know the area, I would be happy to show you what I play on if you ever wanna come up this way.Thanks for rubbin' that in yoytoda, sometimes i really miss Cali.

5. Jan 31, 2010 at 8:56 AM
    toughtaco

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TRD CAI, MBRP dual exhaust, PIAA headlights and driving lights, 5% limo tint, 3 inch Skyjacker lift , AFE throttle body spacer, 285/70/17 BF Goodright AT TA KO, Grillcraft MX with PIAA's behind the grill, anytime fog light mod, reverse camera anytime mod, and PIAA fog lights on the rear bumper anytime mod light bar behind back window with truck lights for reverse assistance, Optima Red Top Battery, Onza 3x5" LEd reverse lights attached to light bar behind cab
    I go up to schroon lake alot in the summer, anything in that area? I found some offroad park in Vermont, cant remember how to get there though.

6. Jan 31, 2010 at 9:05 AM
    adktacoma

adktacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    danny
    upstate new york
    Vehicle:
    09 trd sport bsp
    stock (for now)
    Hi toughtaco, I live on schroon lake about 7 miles south of the village, not much up here but I'd be happy to show you a few spots, this area sucks for any mechanized backcountry vehicle, most trails I can't even ride my mt. bike legally.

7. Jan 31, 2010 at 9:38 AM
    toughtaco

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Alright adktacoma, when I go up there in spring if you know of spots we can give it a try. I want to do some offroading up there so.

8. Feb 1, 2010 at 8:00 AM
    tacomabud

tacomabud Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bud
    RI
    Vehicle:
    04 Black Xtra Cab
    K&N replacement, 4" Deck plate mod, Thrush Welded muffler, 2nd Gen. TRD rims, Herculinered bed, Grey wire mod, OME lift w/ 883 coils and AAL, 265/75/16 BFG A/T, AP 1.5" wheel spacers
    My parents have a house in Middleburgh, NY (close to Schoharie or Cobleskill), so I'm always up there enjoying the beauty of upstate NY! Do not know of many trails up there other then local stuff...

And definatley post up about the possible meet in Newburgh. Love it in that area, hope to move there ASAP after college!

9. Feb 2, 2010 at 6:58 PM
    toughtaco

Member:
    Vehicle:
    I just started a thread for a Mod/meet day in the northeast section for newburgh,ny lets get a good showing.

10. Feb 2, 2010 at 8:10 PM
    Black Taco

Black Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    WPB, FL
    Vehicle:
    TOYOTA
    No mods whatsoever!
    Hey Tacomabud. Is the Middleburgh Diner still open or do you have to eat at Stewarts now? I have some land in Westerlo, but not enough to go 4 wheelin' on. I can't think of anywhere where you can go riding in the area. It's alot of farmland and you have to get permission and they don't like you tearing up their crops.

11. Feb 2, 2010 at 9:51 PM
    tacomabud

tacomabud Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bud
    RI
    Vehicle:
    04 Black Xtra Cab
    K&N replacement, 4" Deck plate mod, Thrush Welded muffler, 2nd Gen. TRD rims, Herculinered bed, Grey wire mod, OME lift w/ 883 coils and AAL, 265/75/16 BFG A/T, AP 1.5" wheel spacers
    Yes, the Middleburgh Diner is still open. I believe they just did a minor renovation this year or so... Stewarts and Red Barrel are still available to get a quick snack when going through town, but there are some newer/growing places that are definatley worth checking out if you're in the area.
    And I have to agree with you, there is a lot of farmland around that part of the state! Great places to bring the quads/dirtbikes, but not so much when looking for some true truck 4x4 places.

Products Discussed in

To Top