1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

alignment numbers

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by jmg256, Jun 22, 2012.

1. Jun 22, 2012 at 9:12 PM
    jmg256

jmg256 [OP] Calmer than you are

Member:
    First Name:
    Al Tonter
    Vehicle:
    TRD Offroad
    Bilstein 5100 front/rear (front at .85), Hayden 678 Trans Cooler, 20% tint, Curt Hitch/Wiring Harness, Weathertech Digital Fit Floor Mats (Black), Wet Okole Seat Covers (Black), Cooper Discoverer ATP 265/75/16, LED Map/Dome lights, ImMrYo bracket, Debadged, Extang Tuff Tonno.
    Got my alignment done today and was working with the tech to get everything just the way I wanted it. He really worked with me and showed me the entire process and let me help a bit, which was great. I told him what I wanted; toe= 0"-1/32",caster= 2.25*, camber= 0*-1/8*, matching on both sides...

2nd time in the shop as they did a "toe and go" the first time and caster was way low...1.5*

Where I sit now...

Left. Right
    Camber. 1/4* camber. 3/8*
    Caster. 2 1/4* caster. 2 1/4*
    Toe in. 1/32". Toe in. 1/32"

Total toe in 1/16"
    Steer ahead -0.01*

I drift/ pull to the right, the alignment tech noted this on test drive as well (he drove first), we got back to the shop and I felt rushed out as he explained he had another car to complete before days end, it was 1700hrs (we started at 1530) by this time and asked that I drive it this way for a bit, then swap from tires side to side and note any changes...I have brand new cooper tires and brand new 5100's (set st .85, stock springs) and am willing to bet dollars to donuts that it is the difference in camber causing my pull to the right. As I understand, the vehicle will pull to the side with more positive camber, ie; the right side in my case.

This will be my third try if I go again, yet feel the tech is willing to work with me...yet, I don't want to be 'that guy' that nit picks, yet I want to be happy driving ....

Am I correct in my thinking as to why I am pulling to the right? Is an offer to buy him lunch to get it spot on sufficient? I think he would of done it today had he not had another car to get to after spending an hour and a half this afternoon with me.

2. Jun 22, 2012 at 9:29 PM
    nfs257

nfs257 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    DFW
    Vehicle:
    She gone
    Usually one side is a little different due to the way the roads are built for water run off... let me find the alignment thread it os explained in there.

Edit:and first or second gen?

3. Jun 22, 2012 at 9:32 PM
    nfs257

nfs257 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    DFW
    Vehicle:
    She gone
  4. Jun 22, 2012 at 9:39 PM
    jmg256

Member:
    First Name:
    Al Tonter
    Vehicle:
    TRD Offroad
    Bilstein 5100 front/rear (front at .85), Hayden 678 Trans Cooler, 20% tint, Curt Hitch/Wiring Harness, Weathertech Digital Fit Floor Mats (Black), Wet Okole Seat Covers (Black), Cooper Discoverer ATP 265/75/16, LED Map/Dome lights, ImMrYo bracket, Debadged, Extang Tuff Tonno.
    Edit: I understand the crown in the road effecting where the truck goes...

If I am on the left side of the crown, I'm ok, flat road pulls a bit right...right side of the crown, I go right, harder than I should. If they were compensating for crown, the numbers would be flipped right to left. I think the combo of more positive camber on right+ puts my pull to the right...

I suppose I'm asking how to approach the situation, as I think I know what is wrong

Chris 4x4 want to chime in?

5. Jun 23, 2012 at 8:47 AM
    jmg256

Member:
    First Name:
    Al Tonter
    Vehicle:
    TRD Offroad

Products Discussed in

To Top