1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Alignment: Secondary Angle "Setback"?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by nvdeserted, Nov 3, 2010.

1. Nov 3, 2010 at 10:21 PM
    nvdeserted

nvdeserted [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Reno, NV
    Vehicle:
    2009 Tacoma TRD OR Access Cab
    Electric Dynolock tailgate, TrailGear Slides, , 285/75-16 Yoko Geolanders on Wheelers Type B, SAW 2.0 front and back, Camburg b/j UCA, 1.5" AAL, Ubolt flip, ARB bump.
    Howdy,

I just happened to look at my alignment #s from a while back and noticed in the Secondary Angles section that it reads "Setback -0.2".

It's been bugging me that my 32" tires are so close to the rear of the front fender flare even with about 2.5" lift. Is this "setback" the culprit?

Can this "setback" be made positive to essentailly move the front wheels forward; like, could I set this to +0.5" to move my wheels toward the front of the wheel well?

My alignment sheet does not have a minimum/maximum recommendation for setback listed.

Thanks

2. Nov 4, 2010 at 10:55 PM
    nvdeserted

nvdeserted [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Reno, NV
    Vehicle:
    2009 Tacoma TRD OR Access Cab
    Electric Dynolock tailgate, TrailGear Slides, , 285/75-16 Yoko Geolanders on Wheelers Type B, SAW 2.0 front and back, Camburg b/j UCA, 1.5" AAL, Ubolt flip, ARB bump.
    Ok, so I did a little research: "setback" is the measurement that the wheels are towards the rear from center. Apparently my wheels are back just a little.

New question: How do I set-forward? Is there an adjustment or will I be juggling 5 things trying to get them forward?

Products Discussed in

To Top