1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Alignment write up?

Discussion in 'Street Trucks' started by pinktaco808, Jul 28, 2010.

1. Aug 6, 2010 at 10:27 PM
    Tacorunner87

Tacorunner87 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Chino Hills Ca
    To much to list!
    I disagree with all of you on this. We do alignments all the time on our own trucks. It just takes a while
    Exactly!
    Wrong! We do alignments on our own truck. Yes, they are some what built for the desert but are at the same time street driven on a daily basis.

There are situations like my truck and a few buddies trucks where we don't have alignment cams anymore. We put weldable washers in and just use a 5/8" bolt. We have an adjustable upper arm were we do our alignments. It takes time to do an alignment on a truck dont get me wrong. But I went to take my truck to a shop and they said 270 bucks to touch my truck to do an alignment. They said 3hr minimum at 90/hr. Ya, ill pass on that deal.

Tools needed, digital level(find camber,caster), tape measure, correct wrenches, a buddy to help and some time.

2. Aug 6, 2010 at 10:29 PM
    Tacorunner87

Tacorunner87 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Chino Hills Ca
    To much to list!
    That what happens when you live on a rock in the middle of the ocean:D

3. Aug 7, 2010 at 2:57 AM
    Kelson

Kelson Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelson
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    08 5-Lug Reg. Cab SR5
    SR5 Exterior/Interior (Color matched Front Bumper, Chrome Grille Surround and Chrome Rear Bumper/Silver Scoshe Dash Kit, A/C Bezel, A/C Vent Surround) LED license plate and white interior lights, Wet Okole Seat Covers, iPad in-Dash, JL CL-RLC, JL 13TW5 sub, JL 500/1 Slash V1 amp, JL XR 6.5 Components, Rockford Fosgate 6X9s in Boxes Front XRunner Coils, DJM Control Arms and Rear 4X4 Leafs, Custom 2" Angled Streetacos.com Blocks Front XR Bilstien Struts and Rear XR Bilstien Shocks, CravenSpeen Antennae, RX-8 Rims w/ Fronts:235/40-R18 Sumitomo HTR Rears:245/40-R18 Goodyear Eagle GT, 35% Tint front windows, OEM Sliding Privacy Glass w/ 5% Ceramic Tint, Flowmaster Super 44 dumped before the axle, URD Short Throw Shifter, Door Sill Protectors, Door Edge Guards, OEM Sport Pedals,The Retrofit Source Morimoto Mini D2S Stage III 35W 5K HID Headlights, OEM Fog Lights w/ piss yellow bulbs, OEM Cruise Control, Porsche 944 Bucket Seats, BeefedTaco Skid Plate, Whale
    me? lol

i have an ifs :confused:

when you install the DJM kit your alignment will be so horrible that it is pretty much underivable. just to get it to the alignment shop you WILL need to do a home alignment or you will risk crashing and dying. the DJM kit replaces the entire lower control arm with an aftermarket one with a different geometry than the stock ones, so even if you mark your caster bolts your alignment will still be hella out of whack.

simply put there are two caster bolts on each LCA that you need to adjust to get the alignment in spec, and like that other guy said you just need to measure.

home alignments can be done within spec but it is reccomended if you don't really know what your doing to get it aligned at a shop if at all possible. and if you want to get recon you need too have a machines printout with your alignment within factory spec.

4. Aug 7, 2010 at 7:12 PM
    pinktaco808

pinktaco808 [OP] Hot Steppa

Member:
    show pics of that man???

5. Aug 8, 2010 at 12:28 AM
    rzimm001

rzimm001 Tearmytaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Bobby
    Wildomar
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 Long-Travel
    King 10" coilovers w/ resi. 3.5" over long travel kit. Factory spindles w/ ALLPRO gussets. Total Chaos tower gussets. Energy Poly cab mounts and steering rack mounts. Glassworks fenders and bedsides. Home fabbed bed cage. King 2.5x16 bypass shocks in the rear. DMZ long travel rear end. Race radio (2meter). Removed secondary carbon air filter. Exhaust dumped before the axle / no muffler. Phram fresh air cabin filter. K&N replacement filter, After market stereo, Grillcraft grill, custom fabled roof rack with 7" HID's, PRP race seats.
  6. Aug 8, 2010 at 10:05 PM
    pinktaco808

pinktaco808 [OP] Hot Steppa

Member:

Products Discussed in

To Top