1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

All pro 5" rear springs installed won't level out

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by dtmccray, Jan 26, 2013.

1. Jan 28, 2013 at 5:45 AM
    dually

dually Low and slow

Member:
    Interstate underpass
    Vehicle:
    '16 Inferno SR5 DCLB
    How tight is the brake line and BPV? Are they being stretched? There is no reason it should be leaning if your frame is straight and nothing is limiting the downtravel of your springs

2. Jan 28, 2013 at 6:02 AM
    dtmccray

dtmccray [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    millbrook alabama
    Vehicle:
    01 money pit
    d60 3link sas, bumpers, sliders, arb twin on board air comp w/11gal air tank,38.5/14.5r15 tsl sx swampers, rock 8 beadlocks, detroit rear, trutrac front.
    Brake lines are more than long enough. No Bpv on this one.

3. Jan 28, 2013 at 7:50 AM
    4WD

4WD cRaZy oLdmAn

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Lakeside, Ca / Gardnerville, Nevada
    Vehicle:
    2004 DC TRD 4x
    Grey wire MOD, deck plate, diff breather MOD, 2nd gen. OME 883# on Tundra 5100's, OMD custom 3" leafsprings, rear shock relocation, Ivan Stewart TRD rims w/285/75/16's, '02 bumper MOD, Famous Fabrications sliders , LED interior/exterior lights, bed bar, Custom tube bumper, Old school KC day lighters,Red Ring 8" HID flood, Kenwood vhf 2M.. umm some other shit I'm forgetting right now

I said to measure from top of bump stop on axle to bottom of contact on frame, disconnect the rear shocks, then take measurement. If hangers & shackles are fine, springs are equal & if it was all good before without the benefit of seeing it myself I don't know what else to tell ya, good luck

4. Jan 28, 2013 at 6:56 PM
    SandDiesel

SandDiesel Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Phoenix
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tacoma TRD Offroad 4x4
    The driver side of my truck is .5-.75" lower than the passenger side anywhere you measure on the body. The rear shock shafts on my truck are extended 4.5" on drivers side and 6.5" on passenger side, much more than the visible lean. The frame height is equal on both sides when measuring from the ground making me look hard at the body mounts but nothing unusual. I did notice that if I measure from the ground to the center of both front and back leaf spring bolts, the drivers side is still a .5" lower. Doesn't sound like much but it's noticeable looking at the tail gate.

Products Discussed in

To Top