1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

All-pro off-road lacks customer service ethics!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by oregonnativekory, Sep 7, 2014.

1. Sep 8, 2014 at 10:19 AM
    anders99

anders99 The Sailing Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matthew
    Penscola, FL
    Vehicle:
    (07 Base 4cyl 4x4 - RIP) -> 2018 4Runner SR5 Premuim
    Taco SOS Offroad Concepts hybrid front bumper Iggy Corp. Switch panel Famous Fab ditch lights and cb antenna mount Pioneer Appradio 2 Halo Led Headlights Led Taillights 3'' toytech spacer lift on front end Toytec AAL on rear AFE cold air intake 4Runner Stock
  2. Sep 8, 2014 at 10:20 AM
    Sterdog

Sterdog Offline

Member:
    First Name:
    I am Groot
    People's Democratic Republic of Canuckistan
    Vehicle:
    15 FoST

The butt hurt is strong with his family.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2014
  3. Sep 8, 2014 at 10:21 AM
    ArcherTaco

ArcherTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Riley
    Greeley/Windsor, CO
    Vehicle:
    '13 DCLB TRD Sport
    Toy-Tec Kit, Tool box fit to bed, Dipped badges, cab lights, running boards, Flowmaster exhaust
    This x123456789

4. Sep 8, 2014 at 10:21 AM
    thekernel114

thekernel114 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Chilliwack, B.C.
    Vehicle:
    07 tacoma 4x4
    allpro long travel, shackle flip with ome dakars, cruisin offroad bumpers and sliders, 4.88 gears with arb's front and rear, budbuilt skids.
    I have linked this thread in both of his other posts.

5. Sep 8, 2014 at 10:25 AM
    shweller

shweller Well-Known Member

Member:
    Corona
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma TRD Sport SB 4x4
    PoP 'N' Lock Satoshi Grill (Did it Myself) DSM UCA's (Desert Products) FXR 1.1 w/Gatling Gun Shrouds Phillips 85122 Method Racing Wheels HID Hella 500's behind Satoshi grill Fog Light Anytime Illuminated 4x4 Switch Ultragauge PIAA 510"s King Coilovers w/resi's Rear TSB Leaf Packs All Pro Sliders Bolt on sliders 255/75 R17 BF Goodrich Mudders Spidertrax wheel spacers Neoprene arm rests Weathertechs Wet Okoles w/TRD Allpro Ofrroad Apex bumper and IFS skid plate
    Ive never had problems with All Pro. It will cost you $200 to ship back... Take the money and go to diner. Trail armor will get scratched anyways IMO.

6. Sep 8, 2014 at 10:26 AM
    thekernel114

thekernel114 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Chilliwack, B.C.
    Vehicle:
    07 tacoma 4x4
    allpro long travel, shackle flip with ome dakars, cruisin offroad bumpers and sliders, 4.88 gears with arb's front and rear, budbuilt skids.
    Allpro was going to cover the shipping.

7. Sep 8, 2014 at 10:29 AM
    shweller

shweller Well-Known Member

Member:
    Corona
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma TRD Sport SB 4x4
    PoP 'N' Lock Satoshi Grill (Did it Myself) DSM UCA's (Desert Products) FXR 1.1 w/Gatling Gun Shrouds Phillips 85122 Method Racing Wheels HID Hella 500's behind Satoshi grill Fog Light Anytime Illuminated 4x4 Switch Ultragauge PIAA 510"s King Coilovers w/resi's Rear TSB Leaf Packs All Pro Sliders Bolt on sliders 255/75 R17 BF Goodrich Mudders Spidertrax wheel spacers Neoprene arm rests Weathertechs Wet Okoles w/TRD Allpro Ofrroad Apex bumper and IFS skid plate
    Oh OK. Sorry, didint read every post. Walking away quietly....

8. Sep 8, 2014 at 10:30 AM
    MagneticTaco79

MagneticTaco79 COLD ASS HONKY

Member:
    First Name:
    AARON
    WV
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 2012 Tacoma AC TRD Sport 4x4
    ALL KINDS OF SHIT
    I never argued the fact that it was/wasnt his money or stated what i thought he should do with it. Just figured he was putting it on a "just for looks truck" since he was so distraught over a "gauge" in the powder coat of an item that was designed for rough use.

9. Sep 8, 2014 at 10:45 AM
    jspansel

jspansel Just duct tape it

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Central OR
    Vehicle:
    01 V6 Xtra Cab Tacoma, 5 Speed, 4x4, Lifted
    5100s front at 2.5" with Moog replacement springs, 5100s in rear with 2" Wheeler's AAL
    Why cant you wrap it up and pallet it on the same stuff that THEY sent it on? Seems a pretty simple task. They offered to pay for shipping back it seems, so only a smidgen of your time to pack it back up. That is how it works....

Did you throw away the pallet and packing material? If so, WHEN did you notice the gouges? :confused:

I always hang onto packing material until I am for certain there is nothing wrong with a product.

10. Sep 8, 2014 at 10:49 AM
    DeltaSteve

DeltaSteve Social Critic

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    FW,TX near TCU
    Vehicle:
    '09 White TRD access
    KING 2.0" PERFORMANCE SERIES REMOTE RESERVOIR COILOVER SHOCK W COILOVERS, TC UCA, OME DAKAR SPRINGS, RELENTLESS PLATE R BUMPER and MORE :)
    And here my friends lies the key :D

11. Sep 8, 2014 at 10:53 AM
    snowtank

snowtank Where the fuck did my beer go!

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    11 txpro dcsb 08 trd sprt dcsb
    Some stuff here and there....
    Personally I have always had great cs from ryan and all pro. I will still be spending my money with them in the future.

12. Sep 8, 2014 at 10:56 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    This does not = lacking customer service ethics. Sounds like very reasonable options were provided.

13. Sep 8, 2014 at 10:59 AM
    ranger098

ranger098 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Minnesota
    in the OP's defense, i think we'd all be a little pissed if we paid 1200 bucks for a bumber, waited for it to arrive, all stoked to put it on your truck only to unwrap it and see that it's scratched up. major bummer. Then learning that you have to package it up again (some of us just dont have a lotta time to do shit like that) and wait another couple weeks is all pretty dissapointing. also locating and scheduling a freight carrier is a bitch too. Seperately all that seems pretty simple, but add it all up and it turns into a big PITA.

Having said that, it sounds like the company is doing whatever they can. Giving him $200 back seems ok, and i cant really think of what else they can do. I do believe it was shipped damaged tho. In theory theres not really anything that should be able to damage that bumper when being shipped. if the powdercoat can be damaged THROUGH packaging, then it's obviously not done right and wont hold up. The company has a lazy packaging guy who "didnt see it" i am sure.

But, this shit happens and when you play with these aftermarket companies that's the gamble you take. i woulda taken my $200 back and called it a day.

14. Sep 8, 2014 at 11:01 AM
    Konaborne

Konaborne Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Kealakekua, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    Lifted 00 TRD Off-Road
    fox extended travel remote resivoir coilovers, 14" eibach 600lb coils, All Pro tubular chromoly 1" uniball upper control arms, All Pro expedition leaf packs, 10" bilstein 5150 piggyback reservoir shocks 265/75r16 Goodyear wrangler MT/R kevlars wrapped around 16" Helo 791 gloss black, Mini H1 retrofits with 6000k bulbs, 18" magnaflow w/custom exhaust reroute various decals, Sockmonkey retro hood stripes

15. Sep 8, 2014 at 11:19 AM
    Wiggins

Wiggins Well-Known Member

Member:
    Jacksonville
    Vehicle:
    14 MGM DCSB 4x4 TRD OR
    TRD Sport Hood, ICON 3" Lift - 700lb coils, Total Chaos UCAs 5% Tinted Windows Crystal Front Window Film 2.5 resi shocks front and rear, dakar leaf packs Wheelers Bump Stops All-Pro Offroad APEX Front Plate Bumper, PIAA Fog Lights, PIAA Fog Lights, Black Line-X All-Pro Offroad Skid Plates, Black Line-X All-Pro Offroad APEX Rear Plate Bumper, Side Armor for Plate, Hidden Receiver Hitch, Black All-Pro Offroad APEX Sliders,Line-X All-Pro Offroad APEX Pack Rack, Black Line-X, 16" height ScanTool 427201 OBDLink LX Bluetooth Hankook Dynapro ATM 285/75/16 Vision Manx 16"x8" rims, 4.5" Backspacing Warn M8000-s Winch, Factor55 Flatlink, Factor55 1" Hawse Fairlead RIGID Industries Ditch Lights Tractor Supply Bed Box 260amp H.O. Alternator Big 3 Cable Replacement NorthStar AGM34 battery Pelfreybilt Battery Cage Plefreybilt Fuse Plate BlueSea fuse block Kenwood TS-B2000 Short Wave Radio, Remote face, Pack Rack Mounted Antenna Uniden Bearcat CB Cab Mount Chop (BAMF Inserts) TODO: ARB Air System ARB Rear Air Locker w/ 4.88 gears ARB Front Air Locker w/ 4.88 gears HID Retrofit Headlights Rigid Industries RDS-Series 54" Midnight Edition LED Rigid Industries R2-46 Combo Round Light (x2)
    I ordered all of my armor from All-Pro and they do a good job with fulfillment. Their customer service is pretty good, too. I haven't experienced any horror stories. Their website is super old and their shopping cart leaves a lot to be desired, but they seem to be aware of that and that's why the site says to just pick up the phone and give them a call.

They're always running free shipping specials, or 15% off specials, so you can get your armor shipped freight and there's a pretty good chance you won't even feel the shipping hit your wallet if you order at the right time.

They don't keep 200 bumpers sitting on a shelf waiting to be ordered. They keep a handful, because it doesn't make sense for them to keep a huge number of bumpers sitting around. When I order from them it is always a 2-5 week wait. That's actually a really short turnaround on armor. Look at the other shops and you'll see that some people are happy to wait months instead of weeks.

They forgot to send my hitch receiver with my rear bumper, and when they have stuff like that that falls through the cracks, you have to stay on top of it because at that point your replacement part is not tied to an active order. This isn't because All-Pro sucks, but it's because they're all focused on doing new sales. As long as you check up on your stuff after an error, it'll be fine and you'll get it in plenty of time.

Now, if you're a nitpicky shitlord who complains about things like Baseball games taking too long, or football games being played when it's cold outside... you're going to find something wrong with the way they do business just like OP.

Edit: I ordered all my armor bare because I had it line-x coated after shipping.

16. Sep 8, 2014 at 11:20 AM
    Monster Coma

Monster Coma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Corey
    Pittsburgh, PA/Houston, TX
    Sponsored by Mom and Dad
    You think he is in the right?

17. Sep 8, 2014 at 11:21 AM
    ruggedT

ruggedT The Sticker Guy

Member:
    First Name:
    Stan
    Midlothian, Va
    Vehicle:
    2016 Ford F250
    Diesel on 35's
    At one point I had 4 AP bumpers in my garage... all with damaged PC, or bent steel... waiting to go back. They did their best to get me a good bumper. In the end we couldn't defeat the shipping goons running over boxes and dropping them two stories onto trucks

Just take the 200 and ask for a can of touch-up paint.

18. Sep 8, 2014 at 11:24 AM
    Monster Coma

Monster Coma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Corey
    Pittsburgh, PA/Houston, TX
    Sponsored by Mom and Dad
    I agree that I would be pissed that the bumper wasnt how I ordered it but Allpro did seem to offer quite a few options to him.

19. Sep 8, 2014 at 11:26 AM
    92LandCruiser

92LandCruiser Well-Known Member

Member:
    Nevada
    Vehicle:
    80 series Land Cruiser
    Cummins, tons, 40s
    Only read page 1...

Strap it to a pallet and send it back. AllPro is being completely reasonable. This thread is dumb.

Some plastic wrap, screws, that galvanized strapping if you have to... easy.

20. Sep 8, 2014 at 11:32 AM
    braik

braik Well-Known Member

Member:
    Louisville, KY
    Vehicle:
    2006 4.0L 4x4 BASE
    2" Ironman 4x4 (B) Front Spacer Level LR UCAs Level 8: Tracker Wheels 255/75 Cooper ATPs Welded Rock Sliders Weathertech floormats Wet Okole seat covers JVC Head Unit Diff Breather Mod Zip Tie Mod Needle Bearing Mod HID Retrofit (Acura TL-R)
    Guys. OP hasn't replied since the first page of the thread. If you're trying to tell him something, you can guarantee he's not listening.

That being said, I'm with All-Pro on this one. They tried to make right, he was unreasonable. But you guys trying to tell him he could just rattlecan it and be done with it can fuck right off. If I pay good money for something, I expect it to be exactly what I paid for. If it's not, I should be offered what I bought originally for no extra charge. They can give me the option of compensation for the incomplete/damaged one, but I shouldn't have to take it.

Looks like both were offered here and he took neither one. Good on All-Pro, shame on OP.

Products Discussed in

To Top