1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

All-Pro "Pro" Suspension/Wheels/Tires Questions

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by ATX Taco15, Mar 20, 2016.

1. Mar 20, 2016 at 12:08 PM
    ATX Taco15

ATX Taco15 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Austin, Tx
    Vehicle:
    15 Black DCSB TRD Sport 4x4
    + Method NV 16x8 Black Beadlock Race Wheels + Toyo Open Country ATII LT285/75R16 + Husky XAct Floor Liners
    Hey Guys, I've been scouring through the threads for the past year contemplating a "type" of lift, wheels, and tires. I have a Black 2015 DCSB TRD Sport 4x4.

The inspiration for the lift is the All Pro "Pro" Suspension Kit: Front:
    - Bilstein 6112 Coilovers: CARiD $589.37
    - All-Pro Upper Control A-Arms: - Total Chaos Upper Control Arms: TC UCA $695.00
    **I'm in between the All-Pro UCA or the Total Chaos UCA (Anyone's Thoughts/Experience?)

Rear:
    - Bilstein 5160 Shocks: CARiD $346.90
    - All-Pro Expedition Duty Leaf Springs: - U-Bolt Flip Kit
    - Rear Brake Lines
    **I'm in between the All-Pro Leaf Pack or the Dakar OME leaf Pack (Anyone's Thoughts/Experience?)

Wheels/Tires:
    - Method Race Wheels NV: 4WheelParts $625.95 (Already Purchased - 16X8)
    - Toyo Tires Open Country ATII: Local Shop for $877.00 (LT286/75R/16)

I'd like to lift the front and still maintain somewhat of the factory "type rake" so i was thinking of setting the front Coilovers at the 3rd or 4th ring. The back with the leaf springs and the shocks should come in around 3" or More (Please correct me if my calcs are wrong on that). The tires would be 285/75R16 and with the method race wheels i believe my backspacing will be 4.5. I'm hoping that with the UCA's and the backspacing on my wheels there will be limited if not slightly rub only at full lock.

The goal with the build is to create a "Weekend Warrior" to go camping around Austin Tx and the Surrounding areas. The vehicle will still be my main source of daily transportation which is only 10-15 miles a day (Street/Highway).

With all of that being said what are you guys opinions on the following;

1. What ring to set the front Coilovers on?
    2. What UCA do yall like best?
    3. What Leaf Springs would you choose for the above mentioned setup in lieu of the All-Pro?
    4. Will my tires clear? I'd like to limit the chopping to the body.
    5. Is it worth just buying the All-Pro kit? Trying to save as much money as possible.
    6. Does anyone know of a good shop to do the install in Austin? I'm limited with the tools i have and the fact i live in an apartment complex.

Sorry for the long winded thread, just wanted to make sure i covered all my basis before releasing it to the interweb and all. And lastly thank for the help in advance, everyone on here seems to really know their stuff from the threads that I've read thus far.

ChadsPride likes this.
  2. Mar 21, 2016 at 10:47 AM
    ATX Taco15

ATX Taco15 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Austin, Tx
    Vehicle:
    + Method NV 16x8 Black Beadlock Race Wheels + Toyo Open Country ATII LT285/75R16 + Husky XAct Floor Liners
    Any thoughts TW??? I'm trying to make the decision on what to do by the EOW.....

3. Mar 21, 2016 at 10:53 AM
    ChadsPride

ChadsPride Tacoma Owner & Enthusiast

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Sponsored by TacomaWorld.com
    Seems like a nice kit, although I literally have zero actual experience with lifts- just a lot of hanging around here doing the same thing you are...somebody will stand up and say somethin.
    Welcome, ATX!!!!

4. Mar 21, 2016 at 10:58 AM
    ATX Taco15

ATX Taco15 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Austin, Tx
    Vehicle:
    Thanks @ChadsPride for the Welcoming! Glad to finally have some $$$ to put into the truck so I can start exploring Austin some more!!!!

ChadsPride likes this.
  5. Mar 21, 2016 at 11:01 AM
    ChadsPride

ChadsPride Tacoma Owner & Enthusiast

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Sponsored by TacomaWorld.com
    :woot:
    All said $$$ should be gone soon!! Haha, looking foward to seeing what you choose as far as the lift, and also who you have install it.

6. Mar 25, 2016 at 5:41 AM
    McFlywannabe

McFlywannabe Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathon
    Evansville
    Vehicle:
    08' TRD Sport
    2008 TRD Sport. Leer cap, OMEGA 2.5" suspension lift, ARB off road bumper with Warner winch, 17" American Racing Wheels, 275/70r17 Cooper, cat back exhaust.
    Your lift plan sounds great. The only advice I will give is to not shop with carid.com. They are absolute shyte. Look up customer reviews. I have been waiting for my wheels and tires since Feb 11. They aren't even expected to ship until May 5.
    just my 0.02.

7. Mar 26, 2016 at 10:58 AM
    ATX Taco15

ATX Taco15 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Austin, Tx
    Vehicle:
    Thanks for the help guys appreciate all the advice I can get. I've reached out to a couple of TW vendors in lieu of CARiD. thanks for the suggestion.

On another note my wheels came in today which puts more pressure now on me to get this lift figured out!

image.jpg

8. Mar 26, 2016 at 11:50 AM
    nizzmont

nizzmont Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    S.E WA state
    Vehicle:
    2015 doublecab TRD sport
    in progress
    Just my 2 cents worth less in this economy but I would get with Headstrong first,you can save money all around off those numbers I'm sure.I have a bad taste for all pro so I wont do business with them

GARSHA91 likes this.
  9. Mar 26, 2016 at 7:32 PM
    GARSHA91

GARSHA91 YES, that is me on that Facebook group

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Chicago
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD Off-Road DCSB
    Just a grocery getter
    I agree with @nizzmont. Go with headstrong. Such helpful people

As for lift I was going to go all poo but found it was exactly that. I went with an old man emu 3" lift. 887 coils. Nitro charger shocks in the rear. LR UCAs. Wheeler bumpstops. Extended brake lines and a u bolt flip kit. All said and done it was about $2000 not including install and I'm running method nv as well. Check out my build in my signature and feel free to ask questions

ChadsPride likes this.
  10. Mar 28, 2016 at 8:33 AM
    ATX Taco15

ATX Taco15 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Austin, Tx
    Vehicle:
    I've read that some 2015's need minor grinding in order to clear the Nitrocharger sport rear shocks. @GARSHA91 did you have to do that? Basically the lift will only be used 2-3 times a year for camping trips (95% of the time will be highway/street and 5% would be for camping - Slim to none for rock crawling and such) seeing as this is my main vehicle.

11. Mar 28, 2016 at 8:37 AM
    GARSHA91

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Chicago
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD Off-Road DCSB
    Just a grocery getter
    No I didn't. I did have to hammer it in a bit but that's normal. It fits really well. And yea mine is used a few times a year. But as I do more I feel the need to change and adapt. So I'm actually in the process of saving to upgrade to Chevy 63 rears with kings and kings upfront with new uppers and lowers so I'll be selling my ome later this year if all goes according to plan but it all works very well for light wheeling and everyday. Mine is also a DD. Even says it on my rear axle haha

ChadsPride likes this.
  12. Mar 28, 2016 at 9:19 AM
    ATX Taco15

ATX Taco15 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Austin, Tx
    Vehicle:
    How long have you had your OME lift for? I was leaning more towards the Bilstiens but from what I've read here on TW the OME's are pretty good. A buddy of mine went with Fox and he loves it but for what I'd be doing/lack there of I think Fox/Icon/Kings are overkill for myself.

13. Mar 28, 2016 at 9:26 AM
    GARSHA91

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Chicago
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD Off-Road DCSB
    Just a grocery getter
    I've had it on about a year with zero issues. For what you're saying you're going to do with it anything over the ome will more than likely be overkill until you decide to get more serious about it. Granted $2000 is serious money it's nothing compared to what other lifts will run.

I'll give you an example. I did the entire ome (front and rear shocks, LR ucas, bumpstops, brake lines, Dakar leafs with aal, u bolt flip kit) all for $1800 or so. The king shocks. Just the shocks for front and rear and what I'll be running will cost around that price.

Just what ever you do stay away from spacers. People say they work. I'm skeptical because I know people who have them and have ruined their cars and cost them about $1200 just to fix what the 300 spacers did and then they did the lift correctly. So it'll save you money going this way if you really think about it.

14. Mar 28, 2016 at 11:48 AM
    nizzmont

nizzmont Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    S.E WA state
    Vehicle:
    2015 doublecab TRD sport
    in progress
    after reading I think I will be going OME 3 inch with LR UCS's and depending on what kind of price I can get prob just the HS 3 leaf pack for now.also trying to get a DIY front bumper at the same time so I'm trying to figure in the extra lbs for the coils too

Products Discussed in

To Top