1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

All Things UFC & MMA

Discussion in 'Sports, Hobbies & Interests' started by Rhyno, Jun 26, 2015.

1. Dec 30, 2016 at 9:52 PM
    Uncle Creepy

Uncle Creepy Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Jalopy
    LOL, Ronda get with a real team and drop Edturd. She got exposed badly tonite.

Coheed22 and JoeTacoma02 like this.
  2. Dec 30, 2016 at 10:04 PM
    JoeTacoma02

JoeTacoma02 Well-Known Member

Member:
    No kidding!

3. Dec 30, 2016 at 10:08 PM
    Cativelense

Cativelense Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nuno
    CT
    Vehicle:
    2014 DCSB Black 4x4 TRD Sport
    -TRD oil cap -TRD radiator cap -TRD shift knob -2015 Entune system with Nav, -OEM roof rack -Front windows tinted to match back (20%) -BPK Skid Plate -Non clock hazard switch assembly -WeatherTech floor mats -AFE Stage II Pro Dry Intake -AVS Vent Shades -AMP Research bed extender -Horn relocation mod -Bob's Mirror -Redline hood struts -UltraGauge MX 1.3 -Debadged -Reverse LEDs & shifter bezel LED -Black steering wheel controls, black shifter bezel, black AC vent panel -Black gauge cluster rings + black tweeter rings -Morimoto XB LED fog lights -Anzo tail lights -Hilux 4x4 lighted switch -Bed mat -Hondo Garage radio knobs -OKLED 20" light bar mounted on BAMF behind the grill mount -CH4X4 LED light bar switch w/add-a-fuse -nd4spdbh fog light anytime mod (HUGE thanks to @tgriff) -Debadged bed -Secondary air pump filter -Retros (Morimoto Mini H1's and Morimoto Panamera shrouds with dual intensity LED DRL's & 5000k bulbs) -Tailgate Anti-Theft Device by @scleaf -OEM TRD Sport 17" wheels painted black w/Bridgestone Blizzak DM-V1 tires (Winter wheels) -Pro Comp Extreme 17" wheels w/Firestone Destination LE2 tires (Spring/Summer/Fall wheels) -Anzo blacked out third break light -HomerTaco Tacoma Ghost Raptor Insert -Rear diff breather mod (HUGE thanks to @jc11taco89) -Fumoto Valve -LEER 100R -Salex center console and glove box organizers -Power Pop N Lock -Mobtown Tailgate Skin -TRD Pro suspension with HS Progressive AAL (overload leaf in) -ECGS replacement bearing -Dust caps on rear drums to match front -Me-So Customs "The Gasshole" -ACEkraut license plate bracket -mesojdm's 2nd Gen Ultimate LED Dome and Map lights -Seat spacers from olecoot -Bullaculla Trailer Harness Relocation Bracket
    She's done. Ain't no comeback after that. She's gonna gonna go do movies now.

imjustabill1970 and RickS like this.
  4. Dec 30, 2016 at 10:29 PM
    Haslefre

Haslefre Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brady
    TN
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tundra
    Some flags and center console divider... lots of things on the wanted list.
    Who is going to want a washed up fighter who can't even fight? She's scared the second she's in trouble.

Cativelense[QUOTED] likes this.
  5. Dec 30, 2016 at 10:31 PM
    gordi

gordi Only had a wheel fall off once

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    North Idaho
    Vehicle:
    2011 DCSB trd sport
    Fox 2.5 extended travel, dakars, rear 5125 255/80/17 cooper maxx ST
    She got paid 3million to fight..... that's why she was there

imjustabill1970 likes this.
  6. Dec 30, 2016 at 10:31 PM
    Fulton246

Fulton246 Well-Known Member

Member:
    NC
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD Sport 4x4 DCLB
    Cruz looked a lot slower than normal and he didn't seem prepared for Cody's game plan. Cody and Tj would be a great fight. Ronda is probably done after that brutal outing. Nunes should fight the winner of Pena vs Shevchenko.

I loved how Goldie got in one final "everything else is virtually identical." lol

7. Dec 31, 2016 at 5:45 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    Hahaha....I never liked Rhonda (for what she presented herself as). I just dislike people who are cocky and over-confident. LOL. And watching her on Ultimate Fighter, she could be a real b****!! (...that's coming from a female, mind you).

I'm glad to see that she lost. But Wow......48 seconds? Soft chin eh? She got her ass handed to her!!

TomTwo, Coheed22, 175908 and 2 others like this.
  8. Jan 1, 2017 at 12:47 PM
    ABA180

ABA180 It burns when I pee....

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    East Bridgewater MA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma Regular Cab Slider
    Pioneer CD, Megaloud/JBL amps, Rockford/Polk speakers.
    I didn't see the fight, but Ronda got way overconfident against Holly trying to slug it out and was too stubborn to stop even when it was obvious it wouldn't work. Plus not touching gloves probably motivated Holm all the more.

That said Ronda won't have to work another day in her life..not a bad deal I suppose, plus I'm sure she still can do endorsements, appearances, and so forth.

Not to mention WWF would probably pay her..they have in the past such as Ken Shamrock and Dan Severn..

Cativelense and KelticAngel like this.
  9. Jan 1, 2017 at 1:15 PM
    Coheed22

Coheed22 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2011 Black TRD OR AC 6 speed
    LEER 100xl, Icon Stage 1, Dakar leafs, TC UCA's, SCS wheels, Cooper ST Maxx
    I had ronda losing but damn, not that quick. Thought she might be able to establish the clinch but that first jab gave her the uh oh feeling I think. "It's not SNOWFLAKE!"

KelticAngel likes this.
  10. Jan 3, 2017 at 3:14 PM
    imjustabill1970

imjustabill1970 Twitter: imjustabill1970

Member:
    First Name:
    bill
    clarksville, tn
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD Off Road DCSB
    SUSPENSION: Icon Stage 4 with tubular UCAs WHEELS: Black ProComp 69 TIRES: BFG KO2s at 265/75/16 Partially debadged Diaz Fabrication Model T up front
    Not with John Anik, but with former WWE announcer Todd Grisham.

I don't even know who that dude is.

Later.

P.S. Fights were crazy.

11. Jan 4, 2017 at 6:47 AM
    Cativelense

Member:
    First Name:
    Nuno
    CT
    Vehicle:
    -TRD oil cap -TRD radiator cap -TRD shift knob -2015 Entune system with Nav, -OEM roof rack -Front windows tinted to match back (20%) -BPK Skid Plate -Non clock hazard switch assembly -WeatherTech floor mats -AFE Stage II Pro Dry Intake -AVS Vent Shades -AMP Research bed extender -Horn relocation mod -Bob's Mirror -Redline hood struts -UltraGauge MX 1.3 -Debadged -Reverse LEDs & shifter bezel LED -Black steering wheel controls, black shifter bezel, black AC vent panel -Black gauge cluster rings + black tweeter rings -Morimoto XB LED fog lights -Anzo tail lights -Hilux 4x4 lighted switch -Bed mat -Hondo Garage radio knobs -OKLED 20" light bar mounted on BAMF behind the grill mount -CH4X4 LED light bar switch w/add-a-fuse -nd4spdbh fog light anytime mod (HUGE thanks to @tgriff) -Debadged bed -Secondary air pump filter -Retros (Morimoto Mini H1's and Morimoto Panamera shrouds with dual intensity LED DRL's & 5000k bulbs) -Tailgate Anti-Theft Device by @scleaf -OEM TRD Sport 17" wheels painted black w/Bridgestone Blizzak DM-V1 tires (Winter wheels) -Pro Comp Extreme 17" wheels w/Firestone Destination LE2 tires (Spring/Summer/Fall wheels) -Anzo blacked out third break light -HomerTaco Tacoma Ghost Raptor Insert -Rear diff breather mod (HUGE thanks to @jc11taco89) -Fumoto Valve -LEER 100R -Salex center console and glove box organizers -Power Pop N Lock -Mobtown Tailgate Skin -TRD Pro suspension with HS Progressive AAL (overload leaf in) -ECGS replacement bearing -Dust caps on rear drums to match front -Me-So Customs "The Gasshole" -ACEkraut license plate bracket -mesojdm's 2nd Gen Ultimate LED Dome and Map lights -Seat spacers from olecoot -Bullaculla Trailer Harness Relocation Bracket
    Psyched my man is fighting again soon:

upload_2017-1-4_9-46-6.jpg

What are the odds BJ actually makes the fight, given the previous ones he didn't make for whatever reason?!

12. Jan 4, 2017 at 6:57 AM
    ABA180

ABA180 It burns when I pee....

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    East Bridgewater MA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma Regular Cab Slider
    Pioneer CD, Megaloud/JBL amps, Rockford/Polk speakers.
    About as good as Ronda winning a slugfest with Nunes..oh wait..

Cativelense[QUOTED] likes this.
  13. Jan 4, 2017 at 11:41 AM
    Coheed22

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    I hope BJ shows up. Got a feeling this fight won't happen but hoping thats not the case. Rodriguez is demon and will probably stop BJ before the 2nd. Rooting for J Lau, always love watching him fight. Hoping he pulls off something slick off his back. We'll see..

14. Jan 7, 2017 at 7:19 AM
    ChemDawg

ChemDawg Well-Known Member

Member:
    Maine
    Vehicle:
    2005 sr5 4x4
    Anyone know why charles bennett didn't show up to fight on the rizin card?

15. Jan 11, 2017 at 8:41 AM
    Nicetacobro

Nicetacobro Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Rhode Island
    Vehicle:
    2nd gen DCSB
    It's Taco time
    IMO Ronda could come back and be dominate she just needs to get with a better team.

16. Jan 11, 2017 at 8:43 AM
    Nicetacobro

Nicetacobro Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Rhode Island
    Vehicle:
    2nd gen DCSB
    It's Taco time
    would love to see the "old" BJ Penn show for this fight as he used to be a bad ass... but again well see if he shows up at all. lol

17. Jan 11, 2017 at 1:45 PM
    imjustabill1970

imjustabill1970 Twitter: imjustabill1970

Member:
    First Name:
    bill
    clarksville, tn
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD Off Road DCSB
    SUSPENSION: Icon Stage 4 with tubular UCAs WHEELS: Black ProComp 69 TIRES: BFG KO2s at 265/75/16 Partially debadged Diaz Fabrication Model T up front
    I thought the Korean Zombie was fighting soon...when the heck is that? Did I miss it?

Later.

18. Jan 13, 2017 at 5:38 AM
    Cativelense

Member:
    First Name:
    Nuno
    CT
    Vehicle:
    Looks like he's due to fight on 2/4 vs Bermudez, in the main event.

upload_2017-1-13_8-44-36.jpg

Last edited: Jan 13, 2017
  19. Jan 14, 2017 at 12:00 PM
    Coheed22

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    Its not all just her shitty coaches fault, but definitely suspect. People are too quick to shoot the blame at Edmund, but Ronda is a grappler and thats it. Her grappling style isn't even good for MMA. Judo has never really been successful in the UFC at the highest level. What really happened is that the talent finally caught up to her. Just picture Ronda being like Royce Gracie in the very first UFC tourneys when nobody knew what BJJ really was. We figured out quick that jiu jitsu is the top of all skill levels to know without the others. Not that BJJ will always win, but it does if you don't know how to defend against it. This is the case with Ronda. She was going through an untalented division that just took a few years to catch up and eventually surpass her. 10/10 times, she would lose to Nunes because she is a monster compared to Rousey. Ronda will never be the best ever, she was just the best at the time.
    Although, her coach did convince her she was a good boxer which is a fucking joke. He just wanted her to win with his style to prove he was legitimate. Just look at what happened to Travis Browne after going over to that camp so he could hook up with ronda. He was a huge prospect and now a joke of the division. I guess pussy was more important than being with a legitimate camp.

As far as BJ, I don't think the old version of him exist. He's still a lazy rich kid who always had trouble putting in the work because he didn't have to. His natural ability was one of the greatest ever seen. He got his BJJ black belt in 3 years which is unheard of. Hints the name, The Prodigy. He let that get to his head though and eventually he to got surpassed. BJ should have quit a long time ago, but I'm hoping he proves me wrong and shows some new tricks. We will see...

20. Jan 15, 2017 at 10:34 AM
    Coheed22

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Oregon
    Vehicle:

Products Discussed in

To Top