1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Almost got stuck ...

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Finsterino, Aug 27, 2008.

1. Aug 27, 2008 at 11:50 AM
    Finsterino

Finsterino [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD
    Was driving across a weed filled field, maybe a couple hundred yards. Covered with 2 foot of water from Fay. Couple of swales in the middle to cross.

Went out, with no problems in 4 hi. But on the way back I started spinning the tires in those small swales, where the water got a bit deeper. Wet weeds and grasses are very slippery! The sandhill cranes were giving me funny looks, too.

So trying not to panic, I rapidly popped open the glove box and hit the hidden switch for the rear locker. Water and mud splashing in the passenger window. Then rapidly punched the button on the dash, all while slipping and sliding and trying to maintain some momentum.

Rear end locks in and grabs the weeds, and I get thru - just barely! Getting stuck in a Florida swamp on a hot, mosquito filled afternoon is not fun when you are older than 30 or so!

Thanks for the rear locker mod - not sure I would have made it otherwise.

Products Discussed in

To Top