1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Alpine Bluetooth wiring question

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by ILikeTacosToo, Mar 3, 2011.

1. Mar 3, 2011 at 8:43 AM
    ILikeTacosToo

ILikeTacosToo [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    VA
    Vehicle:
    08 DC 4X4 TRD Off Road
    ARB front locker, alpine nav, image dynamics i5800, Polk audio front rear and subs, TOYTEC 3 inch coilovers wiht AAL, awesomest driver ever!
    Why do the Bluetooth yellow (+12V direct battery connection) and red (+12V Accessory power) wires have two connectors at the end of them? Seems to me that all i need to do is splice it into the yellow and red wires powering the headunit. why the second connector?

Only thing i can think of would be if i were cutting into another wire, i could put connectors on the two ends that i just cut and put this in line but i wouldn't want to do that with the power wire (yellow) coming to the HU because that is probalby a 16-14 gauge wire while the Bluetooth power wire is closer to 22 gauge. not gonna funnel that power through 2 inches of 22 gauge wire before the head unit even if i am running all speakers off of external amp.

Anyone else stop for more than a second before cutting the connectors off and splicing into HU power or am i just a Turdy McTurderson?

Products Discussed in

To Top