1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Alright the finding wheels with the right offset is turning into an assache . . .

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by jimcasy, Jun 20, 2009.

1. Jun 20, 2009 at 11:39 AM
    jimcasy

jimcasy [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    2005 Regular Cab Prerunner
    Sorry for the constant questions . . . the offset on my '05 regular cab Prerunner is +25 according to Flip's Tire out here in Los Angeles. I was looking to buy a set of Pro Comp black steelies that Wheeler's Off-Road sells, but was told I'd rub up against the fender . . . What kind of offset should I be looking for? I'm looking for a black 16x8 wheel to go with some 265/75/16 Good Years. Thanks for the the help . . .

2. Jun 20, 2009 at 11:40 AM
    jimcasy

Member:
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    i hat typos . . .

3. Jun 24, 2009 at 5:38 AM
    coma09

coma09 Senior Member. Hey, what's That supposed to mean?

Member:
    BC Canada
    Vehicle:
    2013 taco access cab 4x4
    +35 to +42 as per one accessory shop (2wd access cab, 4 cyl)

4. Jun 24, 2009 at 6:18 AM
    STLTaco09

STLTaco09 Well-Known Member

Member:
    5100's all around, fronts at 1.75". TSB leaf pack + Toytec TSB AAL
    I think for an 8" wide wheel, you want a 4" backspace. 9" wide, about a 4.5" backspace should do.

The lower the number, the more it sticks out.

5. Jun 24, 2009 at 6:50 AM
    gjbonner

gjbonner Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Guy
    Northern Idaho
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma Off Road TRD
    Rhino Lined exterior,Fab Tech 6", 1.25" SpiderTrax spacers, Wheels painted Rustoleum Hammered Black, All Pro front plate bumper, Warn 9.5 ti winch, BHLM, Cig lighter constant on, Door beep toggle switch, Locker mod, Lock/unlock beeper Mod, Rear tailights smoked, 750w inverter with the outlets and on/off switch wired to rear of the console, Blacked out badges, blacked out rear bumper.
    X2
    I have the wheeler crawler steelies 16x8. type B has the 4 inch BS.

6. Jun 24, 2009 at 12:00 PM
    jimcasy

Member:
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    I ordered a set of american racing mojaves. got them for about $150 a wheel.
    the offset on these wheels is '0'. The steelies definitely work for Tacomas just don't ask Pro Comp to verify this. Apparently, alloys tend to clear better than steel wheels or so they say . . . gjbonner: where in Northern Idaho? I was born and raised in Moscow/Pullman . . .

7. Jun 24, 2009 at 6:49 PM
    gjbonner

Member:
    First Name:
    Guy
    Northern Idaho
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma Off Road TRD
    Rhino Lined exterior,Fab Tech 6", 1.25" SpiderTrax spacers, Wheels painted Rustoleum Hammered Black, All Pro front plate bumper, Warn 9.5 ti winch, BHLM, Cig lighter constant on, Door beep toggle switch, Locker mod, Lock/unlock beeper Mod, Rear tailights smoked, 750w inverter with the outlets and on/off switch wired to rear of the console, Blacked out badges, blacked out rear bumper.
    Wow. I was born and raised in Pierce which is above Orofino on the Hill. just up river from Lewiston. I've been all over up there though. I love Northern Idaho and cant wait to get back. I have quite a large family have you heard of any Bonners up there? Where you at now?

8. Jun 25, 2009 at 12:35 AM
    jimcasy

Member:
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    cool . . . i've been to Orifino a handful of times . . . once on a field trip in high school to visit the state pen . . . me and my buddies used to race up the Lewiston grade on our way back from Effies (full 1lb burgers. My colon still hates me for those trips). I live in Los Angeles now . . . it might as well be another planet . . . but i've grown to like a lot about this city . . . i suppose good people are everywhere . . .

9. Jun 25, 2009 at 7:30 AM
    gjbonner

Member:
    First Name:
    Guy
    Northern Idaho
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma Off Road TRD
    Yeah i'm a Marine in Pendleton now but in a couple years i'll be back there.

10. Jun 25, 2009 at 2:48 PM
    jimcasy

Member:
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    hey gjbonner, did you have to use a spacer or trim your calipers to get the steelies to fit? I've ordered 16x8 mojaves but there seems to be no consistent answer if they will clear the calipers even with the right BS and offset. Btw, your 'other ride' is badass!

11. Jun 25, 2009 at 7:30 PM
    gjbonner

Member:
    First Name:
    Guy
    Northern Idaho
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma Off Road TRD
    i used spidertrax 1 1/2inch spacers but that shouldnt have too much to do with the calipers. trust me they will clear the caliper. CraigTRD has em on his ride w/out spacers and they fit. he is the reason i got them because like u said its hard to get clear word on the 16" rim situation and he was the only one i could find. everyone is going 17 or higher or staying stock. i used the spacers because his was a 10" wide and mine is 12" wide but i would probably still not rubbed too much if i had the spacers off. you'll be good to go man. no trimming...but i will alittle on the fender behind the front tires. at max turn it touches just little

12. Jun 25, 2009 at 7:44 PM
    jimcasy

Member:
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    sweet . . . thanks a lot man . . .

Products Discussed in

To Top