1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Also new

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Don Offhaus, Nov 7, 2006.

1. Nov 7, 2006 at 11:20 AM
    Don Offhaus

Don Offhaus [OP] Member

Member:
    I purchased a 2006 tacoma/access cab/v6/towing pkg/sport pkg and I guess all the "bell and whistles". I am currently driving a 91 silverado and going to plow with it one last winter and license my new "baby". I have it setting in my garage all covered up with flannel sheets. Can't wait til spring to get it on the road. My son owns a Tundra in So. carolina, and a fellow fireman just bought a 2006 tacoma, that's where I got interested in them. I know I won't be sorry. One thing I want to share: I always had a lot of condensation in my Chevy exhaust system which meant a lot of mufflers rusting out. I drilled a 1/4" hole on the bottom front and rear of the muffler, solved the condensation buildup problem. I have a greas pit in my garage so I put my new one over the pit and proceeded to drill the holes. Lo and behold, about 2 qts. of water drained out from the bottom. It only has 100 miles on it and isn't licensed yet. The hole doesn't hurt a thing contrary to what others might think.

2. Nov 7, 2006 at 3:59 PM
    TheMaster

TheMaster Born to Ride

Member:
    First Name:
    Chicky Baby
    NY
    Vehicle:
    2007 DC TRD Sport
    Bug shield, window visors, skid plate, rust proofing, tonneau cover, paint & upholstery protection, side step bars, navigation system.
    Hi Don,

Welcome to TW and please visit often and tell your friends about the site. Great choice in truck. What color and options did you get? It is none of my business what you do with your truck, but you should put your truck to work while under warranty to see if any problems surface in order to get them fixed for free. I know many people including myself who babied and preserved their vehicles only to find problems appear after the warranty expired. Dealers love people like us. Best wishes and enjoy your ride.

3. Nov 7, 2006 at 4:33 PM
    tcBob

tcBob Gringo Bandito Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner SR5 V6 Black
    Great advice.

4. Nov 21, 2019 at 3:59 PM
    Doug23

Doug23 Member