1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

am i eligible to get TSB leafs?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by tacosupreme54, Aug 3, 2010.

1. Aug 3, 2010 at 8:10 PM
    tacosupreme54

tacosupreme54 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    NW GA
    Vehicle:
    Off-Road 4x4 SR-5
    OME 885's, 90000 and n182 shocks, CB drop, 295/75/16 Hankook Dynapro MT RT03's, 16"x8" Pro Comp 7089 wheels, Avid Off Road Light Bar, Magnaflow 12226-14'' Muffler dumped after axle, color matched grille, Team Realtree camo seat and steering wheel covers, Husky floor liners, towing hitch, bed extender, Tacoma bed mat, all black emblems, black sockmonkey decals, bedlined rear bumper.
    i apologize in advance if this has been posted/asked before. but i have looked through hundreds of pages of threads for the past few hrs and never found a definite answer. my rear leafs are pretty flat. i had posted a thread for advice about it a few days ago and had came to the conclusion that i needed an aal. iwas on toyotec's website getting ready to buy the 2'' aal, but i decided to look one more time for answers about tsb. i even looked through 13 pages and every post on this thread http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-tacomas/15712-new-rear-leaf-tsb-t-sb-0305-08-a-13.html . i really need to hear from somebody knowledgeable about the tsb's/toyota to help me out.

i have an '06 taco with 24,500 miles. i know that the standard warranty is 3yr/36,000 miles. is the warranty which ever of the two comes first? or one or the other? i am also the 2nd owner of this truck. does this put me out of warranty? like i said my leaves are pretty flat, it sits pretty low, and i was almost convinced to get my 2'' aal and be done. but if i can possibly get the tsb leaf pack, i would love to do that since money is pretty tight. on the thread i posted a link to, i read where some people that were out of warranty had been denied the free tsb but were offered to have it done for over $2000 by toyota (i can buy new leaf packs and have them installed for less than that). and i also read some where people that were out of warranty had a really good dealer that did it anyway. these leaves are faulty on toyota's part, not mine. i don't see why that if a vehicle has a few more miles on it or is a year older, can justify letting a faulty part be our problem. i've only owned this truck for 4 months, so it was already 4 yrs old when i got it and didn't even know there was a factory solution to faulty leaves until a month or so ago, so it really isn't fair for toyota to just leave me hanging.

if you are/were in the same boat as me and/or have anything you can tell me, please do.

2. Aug 3, 2010 at 8:15 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Those warranties are usually one or the other, whichever comes first. So you are outside the window now.

But being the second owner...You might get lucky and find a dealership that'll hook you up. All you can do is ask a service department...

3. Aug 3, 2010 at 10:11 PM
    tacosupreme54

tacosupreme54 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    NW GA
    Vehicle:
    Off-Road 4x4 SR-5
    OME 885's, 90000 and n182 shocks, CB drop, 295/75/16 Hankook Dynapro MT RT03's, 16"x8" Pro Comp 7089 wheels, Avid Off Road Light Bar, Magnaflow 12226-14'' Muffler dumped after axle, color matched grille, Team Realtree camo seat and steering wheel covers, Husky floor liners, towing hitch, bed extender, Tacoma bed mat, all black emblems, black sockmonkey decals, bedlined rear bumper.
    thanks guys, i'm just going to have to go to the dealer and hope that by some chance they might do it out of warranty. it's doubtful though. any other '05-'06 guys out there that dealt with tsb leafs??

Products Discussed in

To Top