1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Amazon App Store

Discussion in 'Technology' started by rex99, Mar 30, 2011.

1. Mar 30, 2011 at 6:33 AM
    rex99

rex99 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    TArdCOMAWORLD
    Vehicle:
    Proton Cruiser
    Rocket Boosters, Flux Capacitor, Escape Pod, Throttle Body Spacer, Homeroshi, ATRAC disable
    I recently found out about the Amazon App Store for Android, one of the greatest apps I've come across in a while. Every day, they offer a new (normally paid app in the regular Android App Market) for FREE!!!

The first step is to download the Amazon App Store. You can't get it from the normal market, so you have to go to Amazon through your web browser (http://www.amazon.com/mobile-apps/b/ref=topnav_storetab_mas?ie=UTF8&node=2350149011). Follow the instructions and you'll have the Amazon App Store available. Once its downloaded, check the homepage everyday to see the new, free (paid) app!!

Today's app is Soundhound, possibly the best song identifying apps available. Other apps can only tell you the song if its a prerecorded song, Soundhound can tell you any song, whether you hear it on the radio, at a concert, at karaoke, or even if you sing the song!!

2. Mar 30, 2011 at 1:34 PM
    whitetaco02

whitetaco02 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    GA
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma 4x4
    Tinted windows, stainless steel drop hitch, rear TSB, Marathon seat covers in Realtree AP camo, low profile chrome toolbox, husky liners front and back, debadged
    When I tried to do the Amazon thing, it came up with something stating that there could be some damage to my phone if you use a different app store than google or whatever I have with my Droid X. Is that just for liability?

Anybody have any issues with the Amazon app store?

Sorry to hijack. :p

3. Mar 30, 2011 at 1:46 PM
    Bama_TACO

Bama_TACO ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!

Member:
    Winfield, AL
    Vehicle:
    2006 PreRunner Double Cab TRD SPORT
    I found it, but then figured out that it won't work on ATT Androids. They removed the option to allow apps from unknown sources.

4. Mar 30, 2011 at 3:54 PM
    rex99

Member:
    TArdCOMAWORLD
    Vehicle:
    Proton Cruiser
    Rocket Boosters, Flux Capacitor, Escape Pod, Throttle Body Spacer, Homeroshi, ATRAC disable
    yeah, its basically so that if you go on to some website and download something with a virus, you cant say you got it from the market (since market apps are known to be safe)

this is the only non-market app I've ever downloaded and no problems to date

5. Mar 30, 2011 at 6:20 PM
    MxRacer190

MxRacer190 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    06 SR5 4x4 Indigo
    I did it!... this app is pretty damn sweet :D

6. Mar 30, 2011 at 7:23 PM
    whitetaco02

whitetaco02 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    GA
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma 4x4
    Tinted windows, stainless steel drop hitch, rear TSB, Marathon seat covers in Realtree AP camo, low profile chrome toolbox, husky liners front and back, debadged
    Thanks, I just got a little nervous about it.

7. Mar 30, 2011 at 7:27 PM
    crf69

crf69 scraping my emblems off my plasti-dip

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD OR BSP cab'n 1/2
    ummm yeah
    not free i take it......

8. Mar 30, 2011 at 7:28 PM
    duckcmdr

duckcmdr If it flies it dies!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    06 DCLB 4x4
    ARB Winch Bumper, Cabelas trial gear 2 mats, Wade vent shades, rear TSB, Toytec TSB AAL ,5100's set to 0,886 coils w/top plate 285/75/16 Treadwright at on Raceline Raptors, Toytec Diff drop, Bud Built Skids,Total Chaos LCA Skids,Devil horns,LED Dome Light,Scan Gauge, Rear Diff Breather, Revenge Fab Sliders. XRC 8 winch, Safari Snorkel, KC Daylighters 100 watt, Redline hood Struts & ez-down tailgate, G-stop extended SS brake lines,Homeroshi front grill and snorkle grill, relentless fab hc rear bumper
    I love that app place!

9. Jun 2, 2011 at 6:44 AM
    rex99

Member:
    TArdCOMAWORLD
    Vehicle:
    Proton Cruiser
    I'm going to try and keep this up to date.

Today's free app is TaskKiller. It normally goes for $1.99, and is a great way to free up memory, boosting phone speed and battery life.

Amazon also offers the Amazon MP3 App, in which everyday they have a new album reduced to $3.99, a $.69 Featured song, and even a FREE song!

10. Jun 3, 2011 at 6:15 AM
    rex99

Member:
    TArdCOMAWORLD
    Vehicle:
    Proton Cruiser
    Today's free app is Office Jerk, a semi-entertaining game where you launch office objects at a co-worker. Great time killer when you're taking a dump, waiting in line at the welfare office, or if you're actually at the office wanting to throw a stapler at someone.

Products Discussed in

To Top