1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

annoying lift question?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by mongo7390, Apr 25, 2010.

1. Apr 25, 2010 at 1:06 AM
    mongo7390

mongo7390 [OP] Member

Member:
    ga
    window tint, tool box
    I have been reading a lot and I decided I will be going with the pro comp 3in lift. Is this all that I will need ? will i need to replace my stock UCA's with new ones? Or is this some thing that I can do later on. Im new to this and if you could explain why it was a yes or no that would be awesome. This is the pro comp kit, and i guess i will have to buy the covers for them what ones do i need?

http://4wheelonline.com/Products.aspx?CategoryId=92436&ProductId=249893

2. Apr 25, 2010 at 8:47 PM
    nvdeserted

nvdeserted Well-Known Member

Member:
    Reno, NV
    Vehicle:
    2009 Tacoma TRD OR Access Cab
    Electric Dynolock tailgate, TrailGear Slides, , 285/75-16 Yoko Geolanders on Wheelers Type B, SAW 2.0 front and back, Camburg b/j UCA, 1.5" AAL, Ubolt flip, ARB bump.
    If you did your research and like that lift go for it. You can drive without UCAs (if you need them) but you'll have a 'looser feeling' steering; it won't want to track as straight as it did stock, you'll be on the steering wheel a bit more than you were at stock and your bumpsteer might be a little worse.

Theres nothing wrong with driving it for a while first to determine if you need UCAs. Some folks with a 3" lift claim they didn't need them and their alignment is fine, I find this hard to believe but no harm in trying first.

3. Apr 26, 2010 at 8:28 AM
    mongo7390

mongo7390 [OP] Member

Member:
    ga
    window tint, tool box
    Ok thank you, I might just try it with out and just go from there.

what do you mean when you say bumpsteer?

4. Apr 26, 2010 at 8:42 AM
    Coolidge

Coolidge Well-Known Member

Member:
    So Cal, Ca
    Vehicle:
    2003 Pre Runner
    King coilovers frt +3". Bilstein 5100 shocks rear w/AAL, K&N FIPK, Magnablow exhaust, Billet grill, clear corner lights, Sony stereo, JBL, Sub etc.
    ....when you hit a bump, steering geometry if effected so much that vehicle will jerk/steer. Not good

5. Apr 26, 2010 at 8:59 AM
    JasoTaco

JasoTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma TRD Off Road
    ToyTec Ultimate 3" Lift -TSB Rear springs - TRD Cold Air Intake - TRD Skid Plate - Total Chaos Upper Control Arms - 2 Hella Rallye 4000 lights (130W Bulbs) - Clear Bra - Under Coat - Bed extener - Toyota Bed Mat - Weathertech floor mats - Tailgate hose clamp & washer mod - PIAA Fog Lights - ScanGauge II - Beefed Sliders - Differential Breather Mod - Heated Seats - All-Pro Bumper - Warn M8000 Winch with wireless controls - Boztec Diff Skid - ATO skids
    If your budget allows I would definitely get them. You may also want to get some axle shims to help keep proper pinion angle, this will help you avoid possible vibrations. Axle shims are cheap ($30) and easy to install while putting in the aal.

You will find a lot of excellent info on this site. I just put a 3 inch Toytec lift on mine and founds answers to all my questions here.

6. Apr 26, 2010 at 5:29 PM
    mongo7390

mongo7390 [OP] Member

Member:
    ga
    window tint, tool box
    yea i read and there is alot of info on the toytec lifts i just didnt know if its all the same or if this one was a little diffrent.

Products Discussed in

To Top