1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Another 6" fabtech vs Other C/O?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by cameronlane, Jan 18, 2010.

1. Jan 18, 2010 at 5:13 PM
    cameronlane

cameronlane [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    cameron
    Anywhere but there
    Vehicle:
    2014 Dbl Cab TRD OR 4x4
    So I am sorry to do this to you guys and post another thread about suspension questions but I need to get it figured out :confused:. I am getting an all pro front bumper with warn winch. To counter this weight I am going to purchase a new lift and have about 3500 to spend on it. I am going to do off roading, but primarily mud and small rocks and trails with very little to no desert running. I like the look of a higher truck and like the fabtech for the space it creates.
    I like the C/O such as the fox 2.5 c/o - but i dont like the little amount of lift i get with it. Also i was lookin at the all pro website and see the fox 2.5 c/o for 1400.. is this for only one shock or is it for a set... if i get the fox or something like it... what will i get for the back suspension.

Someone please help me :(

2. Jan 18, 2010 at 5:21 PM
    TRICOMA

TRICOMA Tacoma with the TRI package

Member:
    First Name:
    Tri
    Carlsbad, CA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma DC SB 4x4 TRD Off Road
    King Off-Road Shock Coilover 2.5 with Resi in the front. King Off-Road Shocks 2.5 with Resi's for the rears, Rear Spring TSB, KMC XD Enduros 16x8, Black Vinyl Fenders, Bed compartment locks, Cobra 19 DX IV with Lil Wil mag mount antenna, CoverKing Seat covers front and rear, Built Right UCAs, Aluminess Expedition Bumper, GY Wrangler MT/R with Kevlar 265/75-16, Custom hybrid style rock sliders.
    You don't get anymore clearance from 3 to 6 inches. You will have a higher center of gravity. If you are getting the all pro with winch that tells you are more into off roading than the average person. If for looks the 6 lift with big tires look great. But you are better off getting CO like Fox, King, Icon or SAWs. Thank is my opinion. Other will chime in but it is your truck and get what you feel is best for you.

3. Jan 18, 2010 at 5:31 PM
    cameronlane

Member:
    First Name:
    cameron
    Anywhere but there
    Vehicle:
    2014 Dbl Cab TRD OR 4x4
    Thanks for the input. Would you mind telling me what you paid for your king 2.5's and what you did to the rear?

4. Jan 18, 2010 at 5:44 PM
    imsikotic

imsikotic If u cant stand behind our troops. Stand in front

Member:
    First Name:
    Randy
    Temecula, Ca
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD Sport DesertRunner
    4" Camburg Race Spindles and Icon 2.5" ext travel Coilovers in the front for about 5"of lift and for the rear All-Pro 3" leaf pack and Fox 2.0 Resi's converted to piggyback and custom valved by DownSouth Motorsports. 17x9" KMC XD Addicts w/ 4.5 inch Backspacing and -12 Offset. Wrangler Duratracs 285/70/17. K&N CAI, Exhaust, Carriage Works Billet Grill, Custom Bed bar with ProComp fog lights,DirtKing Fabrication front bumper w/ 3 HID converted Hellas, Demello rear PreRunner bumper, Tinted windows, Full System w/ 2 10s, Garmin 265WT, ClearHLM. Theres more I just cant think of it right now.
    Camburg 4" lift Spindles and Fox 2.5" C/Os. Thats if you are 2WD.

5. Jan 18, 2010 at 5:45 PM
    cameronlane

Member:
    First Name:
    cameron
    Anywhere but there
    Vehicle:
    2014 Dbl Cab TRD OR 4x4
    I am a 4x4 =/

6. Jan 18, 2010 at 5:50 PM
    1337Taco

1337Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2015 4X4 Manual
    Kings, Fox, or ICON + UCA's imo :thumbsup:

7. Jan 18, 2010 at 5:52 PM
    cameronlane

Member:
    First Name:
    cameron
    Anywhere but there
    Vehicle:
    2014 Dbl Cab TRD OR 4x4
    Does anyone have a price estimate for what im looking at if i go with the kings fox or icon... im assuming they are all pretty close in price.

8. Jan 18, 2010 at 6:05 PM
    TRICOMA

TRICOMA Tacoma with the TRI package

Member:
    First Name:
    Tri
    Carlsbad, CA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma DC SB 4x4 TRD Off Road
    King Off-Road Shock Coilover 2.5 with Resi in the front. King Off-Road Shocks 2.5 with Resi's for the rears, Rear Spring TSB, KMC XD Enduros 16x8, Black Vinyl Fenders, Bed compartment locks, Cobra 19 DX IV with Lil Wil mag mount antenna, CoverKing Seat covers front and rear, Built Right UCAs, Aluminess Expedition Bumper, GY Wrangler MT/R with Kevlar 265/75-16, Custom hybrid style rock sliders.

You are looking about 1400 for the fronts and 800 for the rears...I got mine 6 months used for $800 shipped, I got lucky

Check them out at downsouthmotorsports.com send Sonny an Email and tell him you are a Tacoma World Member, he will give you a better price.

Sonny is very helpful.

I love my kings and would not have it any other way. My friend builds Dune Buggies and all he uses are Kings. Most of the LT trucks around me also use King.

2nd choice for me would be Fox

Then Icons

9. Jan 18, 2010 at 6:41 PM
    cameronlane

Member:
    First Name:
    cameron
    Anywhere but there
    Vehicle:
    2014 Dbl Cab TRD OR 4x4
    sending sonny an email now.. thanks for your input!

Products Discussed in

To Top