1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Another Bed Cover Question - Side Rail Height

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Rickochet, Oct 23, 2008.

1. Oct 23, 2008 at 3:37 AM
    Rickochet

Rickochet [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rick
    Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    '09 Tacoma Access 2.7 4 x 2
    Added VS Wipers, Cruise Control, DRL, Undercover SE Bed Cover
    I have an '09 Taco and am looking for a hard bed cover. I have searched past threads. One thing that concerns me is the difference in the height between the side rail caps and the tailgate cap. I am llooking the the Extang Solid Fold Cover. The dealer test fit one on my truck yesterday but it left a big gap between the tailgate and the cover. He suggested putting some extra sealing foam on it but that seems like a bit of a cheesy fix for a $700 cover.

So how are you guys dealing with the height difference in the caps?

I also like the look of the Undercover brand that the dealer carries but there is a bit of an advantage to the folding cover.

2. Oct 23, 2008 at 8:44 AM
    Scooter

Scooter Canadian Member

Member:
    Manitoba, Canada
    Vehicle:
    08 Double Cab TRD Sport Short Box
    Pop n Lock Power Tailgate Lock, Bak Flip Tonneau Cover, Factory DLR installed, Defrost with A/C Off, EZ Down Tailgate Damper, Code Alarm Security System with Remote Starter, Rear Spring TSB, Ming rust proofing & paint treatment, 3M fabric protector, Cargo Mat, Scanguage II, DYI Illuminated 4X4 Switch, Versa-Gate box extender & cargo divider, Toyota Roof Rails, Grom USB Audio adapter with bluetooth, LED Bed lights, OEM Backup Camera with LCD Display Mirror
    I have a Bak Flip G2. It had a gap at the tailgate. I called Bak Industries about the gap, and they sent me a couple of different rubbber seals to try. The cover comes with a thin rubber seal. I peeled the old seal off, replaced it with one of the new seals, and it works great.

Products Discussed in

To Top