1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Another DC sub request

Discussion in 'Mr Marv' started by Cannonball, May 26, 2010.

1. May 26, 2010 at 12:02 PM
    Cannonball

Cannonball [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Phoenix
    Vehicle:
    2012 F-250 FX4 6.7 diesel / 1979 Jeep CJ-5
    Hello Mr. Marv,

I have a 2010 DC with the JBL sub. I am looking to upgrade things over time. I have the following to install in addition to the stock JBL system:

JL Slash v.2 300x4
    JL Slash v.2 250x1
    JL Clean Sweep

My thoughts are to leave the stock head unit in, and use the clean sweep to connect to the amps. I will be installing Gorilla Trap on the doors and rear panel. I would eventually replace the stock speakers (not sure what with: Focal, Boston, ???).

I was hoping to have a box/amp rack made to fit behind the rear passenger seat where the stock JBL sub is. I was thinking a single 8" or 10" sub and a rack for the 2 amps.

Please let me know if this sounds feasible and any other suggestions on what you think about this configuration or any other recommendations.

Thanks! :D

2. Jun 8, 2010 at 8:09 AM
    Mr Marv

Mr Marv 1-831-383-0308 7am-10pm pst Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Marv
    Monterey Bay California
    Vehicle:
    Custom Built Enclosures/speaker adapters etc
    Authorized Hybrid Audio Technologies Dealer (www.hybrid-audio.com) ARC Audio amplifiers, subs, processors now available! Helix Processors now available! For you super high end guys Brax amplifiers will be available soon! (PICS HERE and new website coming soon with Subwoofers, Amplifiers, Wiring Kits)
To Top