1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Another Duratrac ?

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by superbikedad, Dec 1, 2010.

1. Dec 1, 2010 at 6:19 PM
    superbikedad

superbikedad [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Lake Stevens, Washington
    Vehicle:
    07 sr5 trd dbl cb 4x4
    Bilstein 5100's, 1.75 lift front, 1' block rear,265/70/16
    Buying new 265/75/16 duratracs . I know c load is all I need and weighs less then the e load. I know one is a 6 ply and the other is a ten. Question is do any of you notice wandering or sidewall roll with the c loads? Do your trucks drive fine with the c loads? The other problem I'm having is getting c loads. All stores near me say they are out and it may be awhile before getting some in. But I can get e loads now. I drive a lot and I can accept a little milage loss , but am I going to lose a ton of milage with the e loads? Does anyone think there would be a huge dfference in milage between the C and E. Thanks guys

2. Dec 2, 2010 at 4:35 PM
    Truckn4life

Truckn4life Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Iowa City
    Vehicle:
    09 Black 4x4 Reg Cab SR5
    i would like to know soon. i am going in for some 265/75/16's 2moro. guess I will find out but they are C, 6ply.

3. Dec 2, 2010 at 4:49 PM
    travelingman

travelingman What would Scooby do?

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    07lb4x4DC
    ticking eng.mo,ventvisors,locking tailgate,wheelmasters ss spare tire inflation line,weathertech mats
    E rated tires usually cost quite a bit more.

4. Dec 2, 2010 at 4:52 PM
    ST77

ST77 Wandering doesn't mean you're lost

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Sandy, Or
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD OR DCSB
    Bone Stock
    I have about 300 miles on my 265/75/16 Load C's and havn't ran into any wandering or sidewall roll issues... They've so far exceeded my expectations!

5. Dec 2, 2010 at 5:14 PM
    Snipe

Snipe Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pacific NW
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Off Road
    You live a couple miles up the road from me. :)
    I find it odd that you cant find them since I was just searching them the other day on Discount Tires site and when I read this read this thread I just looked again it looks like they are available at several stores South of us and the stores closest show availability usually within 24 hours.
    Maybe they are just trying to get you to buy what they have in stock instead of having another store send them a set.

6. Dec 2, 2010 at 5:21 PM
    wilsonpj

wilsonpj Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Pete
    Charleston, South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2006 DC, SB, OR
    OME 3in Lift, LR UCA's, 33in DuraTracs, All-Pro Full Skids, TRD CAI & Cat Back, 16x8 KMC Enduros
    I went from a 31in to a 33in duratrac or 265 to a 285, E rated. I only lost about 1.5mpg. I dont think switching ratings in the same size is gonna make a difference. I can change my driving habits and get +/- 4-5 mpg so i think tires are you least worry.

EDIT: plus I found the E rated 285 for about $5 more than the C rated 265 and took the online quote into discount and they matched the price.

7. Dec 2, 2010 at 5:38 PM
    superbikedad

superbikedad [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Lake Stevens, Washington
    Vehicle:
    07 sr5 trd dbl cb 4x4
    Bilstein 5100's, 1.75 lift front, 1' block rear,265/70/16
    So here is the deal. I looked at discount tire online and C rated tires are available but a little far away from were I live. I have many stores to choose from that are much closer. So I talked to a Discount sales person and they said that most stores have a hard time keeping the C's instock. The sales person said a lot of times the store wants to sell you what they have or what they think I should get( like E loads ). Also Im talking on the phone to these guys instead of being in the store. Maybe they just dont care enough or are just to busy for me. WHATEVER...So I found a sales person who wants to sell tires. He found me some C's and they are going on the truck Saturday. I dont know why I got the run around.

8. Dec 2, 2010 at 8:34 PM
    Truckn4life

Truckn4life Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Iowa City
    Vehicle:
    09 Black 4x4 Reg Cab SR5
    Yeah I made the store order mine (getting them 2moro). I went to around 6 tire places and they all sell you whats on stock. Dont worry they will get you what you want. I got them to throw in a free used whatever spare tire(as I am changing tire size) and an oil change. hope they actually change the oil!

Products Discussed in

To Top