Another Front Bumper

Discussion in '4Runners' started by greguw, Jul 21, 2017.

1. Jul 21, 2017 at 4:58 AM
    greguw

greguw [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    greg
    Bucks County , Pa
    Vehicle:
    1996 LX450
    Hey Guys ,
    Had a guy lock up his car in a intersection , did my best to stop , unfortunally bumper , grill and the edge of the hood took a hit .
    Sucks even though other driver locked them in the middle of a green light for un know reason its my fault .
    This truck only has 1800 miles , knowing how easily the 4runners bumpers don't take a hit I am considering a after market bumper .
    Anyone running the ARB Summit on there 5th gen ?

98'4runnerSR5 and ChadsPride like this.
  2. Jul 21, 2017 at 11:14 AM

44357 Whithersoever...

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Desert RATS
    Vehicle:
    2017 T4R ORP MF
  3. Jul 22, 2017 at 5:11 AM
    greguw

Member:
    First Name:
    greg
    Bucks County , Pa
    Vehicle:
    1996 LX450
    I was looking at ARB or the Shrockworks , Both weigh over 100 lbs with out the winch .

Looks like I may do the lift and bumper at the same time . insurance is going to cut me the check and just going put that towards the up grades .

Whats the best lifts these days ?

Got the police report , accident accured for a dead stop at a light to about a car length , guy in a Mercedes took off then locked them up for no reason said a car was apporching him .

Was written for mimum damage , I was on the brakes , These trucks don't stop on a dime like a Mercedes with Brembo's
    Cop still wrote me for following to close , Got fight don't need 3 points .

44357 likes this.
  4. Jul 22, 2017 at 5:30 AM
    greeneggsnspam

greeneggsnspam ಠ_ಠ

Member:
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    .gif
    Too poor to list anything interesting.
    Send a message to Satin. She'll take care of you.

@Pelfreybilt

44357 likes this.
  5. Jul 22, 2017 at 5:42 AM
    Clearwater Bill

Clearwater Bill Never answer an anonymous letter

Member:
    First Name:
    Billy
    Largo Florida
    Vehicle:
    '13 5 lug AC w/convenience package
    A few OE parts from fancy trucks
    It's not unknown. The guy hitting from the rear is 99% of the time charged, based on 'following too closely'. The premise is to leave enough gap to stop regardless of moves the leading vehicle makes.

The investigating officer was either lazy or unable to verify your claim with the leading driver or witnesses, and clearly the leading driver didn't volunteer that information.

If the intersection has cameras, you might ask for the footage and then fight the charge in court, as the behavior of the leading driver was unreasonable.

Now here's what to really be attentive too. You may have been set up for an insurance scam. They see new vehicle, which almost guarantees money in the bank and insurance coverage.

If the leading car check braked you, you're charged, they have opportunity to milk your insurance for 'on going injury care', loss of wages etc etc. All they need is an unscrupulous Dr to play along and collect his fees for nothing-ness too. If this turns out to be the case, there won't be any cameras around to help you out, unless you ran your own dash cam.

I hope I'm wrong. But proceed with caution.

6. Jul 24, 2017 at 4:10 AM
    greguw

Member:
    First Name:
    greg
    Bucks County , Pa
    Vehicle:
    1996 LX450
    Thanks for the heads on the Scam , I have seen them before , This was just a 70 yr old guy who owned a icecream stand heading over to chech on it and paniced or just can't drive , I have been driving for over 30 yrs and never had a accident that was my fault .

Luckily I was on the brakes fast and kept the damage to both minor , mine just looks like bumper cover and unfortunately the grill edge grabed the hood edge in one small area and made a slight roll but looks like I should be able to roll it back .

I did make a few calls to see if anyone knew this officer , I am going to fight it don't need 3 points , I have been with State Farm for over 7ys and I have 3 brand new trucks with them , plus my house and ATV's and motorcycles , I have given them way more than this is going to cost them plus the guy I hit also has State Farm .
    How I don't get a big increase with this minor accident .

I guess this will be a good time to put a lift and a real bumper on my 4runner . I do like the ARB Summit just a high price thats why I was looking at the Shrock .
    I have not decided on the lift yet but 3" not sure Bilstiens or EMU , I want to do the upper arms SPC seem to be popular solid choice .
    I want to stay away for remote resovoir I had them on my crawlers in the past worked fine but would be over kill for this truck .
    Who are we giving our business to these days that are treating us good ?

Thanks

Greg

7. Jul 27, 2017 at 2:21 PM
    NoOneBetter

NoOneBetter Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryant
    San Jose, CA
    Vehicle:
    2015 4Runner Trail Premium
    I just installed my shrockworks bumper.
    [​IMG]

ARB is cool but wish it had recovery points and maybe didnt stick out so much.
    Pelfrey is nice too but they dont have hoops.

MellyMel and 98'4runnerSR5 like this.

Products Discussed in

To Top