1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Another "harsh ride" thread, sorry but i had to ask

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Lunercrab, Apr 22, 2008.

1. Apr 22, 2008 at 8:51 PM
    Lunercrab

Lunercrab [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Beth
    Lehigh Valley area, PA
    Vehicle:
    2019 off road cement
    Ok so here's the deal...i bought my 06 sport used back in Nov. 07....it had 55k on it and i bought whatever extended warrenty they offered...now i just recently noticed how horrible the back end sags with the littlest of weight on it...i finally called toyota's customer care line...and whomever i spoke with kinda wasn't any help...she just kept telling me to take it to a dealer to get it checked out (i really didn't want to go thru a dealer first that's why i called them)...i explained to her how "unhappy" i was with this truck i just got...i do go camping and i kinda need this tsb done...she also didn't even i think bother looking up the tsb while i was on the phone with her...so then she proceeded to tell me that since it's over 36k, it's out of their warrenty, basically telling me im SOL...well here's the deal i don't think it's fair that since i bought the truck used with such high miles, i should have to suffer with the poor quality because the former owner didn't do this tsb...with my negative equity i had in my trade in, i'm still paying 29k for something that in my opinion doesn't do what the factory states...So should i call toyota back and really bitch em' out and demand that it gets done...or could something like this be maybe covered under my aftermarket warrenty?...oh btw i really don't want to go back to the dealer i bought it from (they were a bunch of crooks) are some of the aftermarket warrenties good at any toyota dealers?...sorry guys i had to vent :mad: any suggestions?

2. Apr 22, 2008 at 9:58 PM
    nagelg

nagelg Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    George
    Northern Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD Sport
    The dealer isn't going to be reimbursed by Toyota for fixing it, so they ain't going to do it. Toyota isn't going to be responsible because it's past 36K. I think you're SOL.
    Consider a new spring pak, add-a-spring or spring helpers (the cheapest). Good luck.

3. Apr 22, 2008 at 10:17 PM
    Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    Rocklin, Ca.
    Vehicle:
    2001 prerunner doublecab limited
    2001 with; cat-back side-swept twin exhaust, elbow mod, Westin bullbar with Hella 450 driving lights, Snugtop XTR camper shell, TRD off-road 2x4-black beauty.
    Gees I'm sorry you're going through this man! Listen-for the money you are spending on this truck, you really should stand firm in insisting they fix this problem. The basis you may be able to operate from is that Toyota has recognized this problem and have footed the bill for many others because of a design flaw. This is a flaw your lovely dealer never told YOU about...hmmm. Think that was fair to you? Go raise some hell, my friend! ;)

4. Apr 22, 2008 at 10:35 PM
    Lunercrab

Lunercrab [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Beth
    Lehigh Valley area, PA
    Vehicle:
    2019 off road cement
    yeah i'm gunna try that...i got it at Peruzi toyota in Hatfield PA...i had to fight big time to get them to take care of a chip in the windshield that was there when they sold it too me ( i test drove it in the dark and didn't notice it til the next day) a bad battery that was in it when i bought it (had to jump it everytime i wanted to start it for a few days) and them to get me my remotes for the truck (they didn't give em' to me, and one guy there had the gulls to say that "these trucks don't come with remotes")...i also made them give me 500 bucks off the truck for a big dent/scrap along the pass. side lower fender that they failed to show me was there (they thought i was lying when i pointed it out to them prior to signing the papers...i literally had to go show them it..come on' it's like a 8 inch scrap from the flare to the rear bumper they couldn't see that???)...trust me they are idiots there and i was their worse nightmare for a month or so...maybe i'll have to be again

5. Apr 22, 2008 at 10:43 PM
    divetaco

divetaco Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    taco TRD 4x4 bare stock
    stock
    I would just pay & take your PRIZED TOY and get a rear spring kit put init then go campin' drink some beers and bitch about how you wish you had bought a FORD.. ya right... GET ER DONE!!!

6. Apr 23, 2008 at 3:19 AM
    missileman125fw

missileman125fw Well-Known Member

Member:
    As the Ford commercial says "Fords quality is equal to Toyota now"!:puke:

7. Apr 23, 2008 at 4:01 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    Unfortunately - there is an issue with warrantee coverage. And unless your extended warrantee doesn't cover that - then you ARE SOL.

I wouldn't buy the TSB springs.

I'd research and get an aftermarket set of springs instead. Aftermarket springs are probably gonna be less expensive and give you the same results.

8. Apr 23, 2008 at 4:58 AM
    khfactor

khfactor Well-Known Member

Member:
    Philadelphia, PA
    Vehicle:
    07 White TRD Sport
    Pop N Lock + Hose Clamp. DTRL, AFE drop-In Dry filter, 6-1/2" Replacement Speakers, JVC HD Radio, Sam's club variety Floor mats (cheap but effective), Chrome Exhaust tip, Bed Mat from ol' Ford Ranger. As of 3/25/2020, the Odometer just turned 70K.
    Sorry to hear your problems with the Peruzi dealership. I live in Montgomery county also not too far from Peruzi. I had considered them for my purchase also, but their sales people left me a bad taste in my initial contact.

I bought mine from Faulkner Toyota, no, not the one on US #1 in Bucks County, but one in HARRISBURG as they gave me a deal of the century with no Dealer holdback, no TDA, no Wholesale Financing Reserves, and no destination charges either. Anyway, since I do not live in harrisburg, I take my truck to the the Trevose Faulkner now. They have already performed the "Harsh Ride" TSB on my truck and the difference is a "NIGHT & DAY."

You may want to contact them for your trouble as they may be able to help you. They have been good to deal with and the Service woman (only female service writer in Service Dept.) is super nice. As a matter of fact, I am taking my truck back tomorrow to Faulkner Trevose for a steering wheel vibration and shuddering when the speed exceed 62 MPH.:)

Good luck.

9. Apr 23, 2008 at 6:56 AM
    nd

nd Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    dealing with Toyota after your warranty is up will just be a waste of time. get an aftermarket leaf pack

10. Apr 23, 2008 at 12:30 PM
    4x4x4trd

4x4x4trd My other ride weighs 200 tons

Member:
    North Texas
    Vehicle:
    08 White Access Cab TRD OR, Debadged
    AFE oil free drop in, Secondary removed, tint, front D-rings, Toyota bed mat, Undercover tonneau, TRD seat covers and floor mats, Pioneer speakers, Westin Platinum bars, Fumoto oil valve, short antena, Nifty Xtreme's, TSB leaf springs, Bilstein 5100's set at .85" in the front
    Sounds like yours fell though the crack. It's not right but no dealer is going to touch the TSB with those miles.:mad:

Products Discussed in

To Top