1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

another lift question

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by ZonKs, Aug 10, 2007.

1. Aug 10, 2007 at 4:18 AM
    ZonKs

ZonKs [OP] Can speak french in Russian.

Member:
    Glendale, CA
    =p
    My plan is to lift the front end approx 2". However, Im not sure what to do about the rear. I would like a slightly, and i mean slightly, lower front end, and I want to install aal's to solve the sagging bed prob. Are there aal's that will keep the rear the same height? Also will this affect the ride. Its a pretty stiff ride as it is (and I love it) but I dont want it any more so.

Ive been browsing the toytec site for a few days and just came away with more questions than answers. Are 2" spacers the way to go for the front? Also which aal should I go for? I saw the
    2.5" Pro Basic Kit, and the 2.5" Basic kit. One comes with shorter aal's and one comes with longer aal's. If i wanted to maintain the current feel of the ride, which ones should I go for?

Finally what is a reasonable price for installation, and are there any good places to get this done in the Los Angeles / Pasadena area?

Thanks guys,

Ted

2. Aug 10, 2007 at 1:20 PM
    reid

reid Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vancouver BC Canada
    Vehicle:
    2007 V6 Access Cab
    Magna Flow stainless cat-back, 3" Toytec Lift, 32" Mickey Thompsons
    I just installed the 3"spacer lift on the front and 2" add-a-leafs on the back. I bought it all from Toytec. The rear is a lot stiffer with the new leaf spring. I would not complain about it, I love it, but it is noticable. I choose the front spacer kit instead of the spring kit because I heard a lot of members talking about the aftermarket springs sagging. The spacer kit also compresses the stock sprinfs a bit so it is a little stiffer( I am really happy with this). This added compression will help combat any sagging of the stock spring, but I have never heard of this happening with stock springs.

Just so you know, lifting the front and not the back will make your truck look like crap. I lifted the front 3" the day before I did the back. Looked stupid. Tacomas are designed to look good with the rear slightly higher than the front.

On a stock, off the lot V6 access cab Tacoma the rear is 3" higher than the front. After my front and back lift the rear is 2" higher. It looks great. I would try to keep the rear at least 2" or more higher than the front.
    Sorry I dont know about install prices, I did it myself.

3. Aug 10, 2007 at 2:34 PM
    TRDeity

TRDeity Well-Known Member

Member:
    ATX
    Vehicle:
    '07~TRD Offroad~Idigo Ink~Access Cab~4.0~6speed
    How much did all that cost you, if you don't mind me asking?

4. Aug 10, 2007 at 5:14 PM
    ZonKs

Member:
    Glendale, CA
    =p
    Thanks Reid,

BTW, do you have any pics of your truck after you got the lift you described. I would love to see your truck from the side. Its such a fine line with me; I dont want too much of a lift.

Thanks again,

Ted

5. Aug 10, 2007 at 7:03 PM
    reid

reid Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vancouver BC Canada
    Vehicle:
    2007 V6 Access Cab
    Magna Flow stainless cat-back, 3" Toytec Lift, 32" Mickey Thompsons
    The kit cost me $300 CAD. I also bought the 1" diff drop kit. This includes shipping.

I will take a picture sometime this weekend and post it.

6. Aug 12, 2007 at 8:09 PM
    ZonKs

Member:
    Glendale, CA
    =p
    Patiently waiting :D

To Top