1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

another lift ???

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by H2447INTX, May 1, 2009.

1. May 1, 2009 at 12:48 AM
    H2447INTX

H2447INTX [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Angleton tx
    Vehicle:
    metalic grey tacoma sport
    k&n drop in filter for now , looking to get the 5100 and bring it up a bit !
    ok so i am reading what i can with out killing my eyes !

and it seams that a simple spacer lift and block in back is a easy and cheap way to get a couple inch !

my question is this , for those that did it at home , did you have any affects as far as bottoming out and or alignment problems!

i see most went with a 3" or higher lift , i am realy looking at a 2.5" lift ! i just want a touch of lift for looks, not realy going to put biger tires on it so that is not an iss !

but if i do it myself i dont know if i would like haveing only 1" of down travle on my rear end! and so on!

would a 2.5" lift make that big a diff on the ride and travle of my taco?

2. May 1, 2009 at 4:39 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    The ride and down travel will depend on home you lift. I would recommend not using blocks in the rear. Get an AAL insted. Little more work to install, but better for ride and springs in the long run. With 2.5 inches of lift you may not have issues, but you have moved the drive line angles a bit, so there may be some funny sounds...but there may not.

5100 shocks with the stock springs will cost you somewhere in the neighborhood of $280 and will eliminate the down travel concerns you have and are adjustable for different lift heights.

3. May 1, 2009 at 6:31 PM
    H2447INTX

Member:
    Angleton tx
    Vehicle:
    thanks

i was thinking maybe just a levleing kit , im not looking for much just little better looking stance ,

4. May 1, 2009 at 6:32 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    5100's are your ticket man...If you wnat to level the front- All you need is the front 5100 adjustable shocks...Throw some nicer shocks on the back and you'll be golden dood!!

(Check out downsouth motorsports section of the forum...Some discount codes and deals to be had on 5100's)

5. May 1, 2009 at 6:52 PM
    H2447INTX

Member:
    Angleton tx
    Vehicle:
    found some 5100 for 190 bucks what woudl you put in the back ?

6. May 1, 2009 at 6:59 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    LOL...You can get the 5100's that go in the back I think (I'm not sure about the shock travel on a non-lifted rear end)

I have a different set up arriving here shortly...so I'm going off what other folks have said. If you shoot Sonny @ DSM an e-mail or wait for him to stop by this thread I'm sure he can help you out. I'd also recommend checking out DSM...cause they are cheaper than 190...

7. May 1, 2009 at 7:09 PM
    H2447INTX

Member:
    Angleton tx
    Vehicle:
    deep south , yea i sent him a pm

thanks

8. May 1, 2009 at 7:10 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    No worries....good luck!!

9. May 3, 2009 at 6:41 PM
    H2447INTX

Member:
    Angleton tx
    Vehicle:
    ok they make the 5100 for the front and the back , do i realy need the back will hey lift the truck any or just a better ride than the sport,

what are on the sport, rancho or somthing i thought they are upgraded from the factory tacoma, any how i think i am going with just the 5100 up front set them at a bout 1.75 and ill be good

yes ? your thoughts!

10. May 3, 2009 at 6:54 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    They DO make 5100's for the back...but lift in the back has be be done by changing the springs (Blocks, AALs, Replacement Springs). They will ride better tho.

I tihnk starting with the 5100's will be a step in the right direction for ya!!

11. May 3, 2009 at 6:59 PM
    stanman9

stanman9 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Toytec co's and aal, tc uca's
    and definitely get them from downsouth. they are awesome and provide really good customer service

12. May 3, 2009 at 8:08 PM
    H2447INTX

Member:
    Angleton tx
    Vehicle:

what is a good price for just the front ?

Products Discussed in

To Top