1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Another New(er) Tacoma owner...

Discussion in 'New Members' started by ltldvld, Sep 20, 2011.

1. Sep 20, 2011 at 3:18 PM
    ltldvld

ltldvld [OP] Track time baby!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Heath
    Murrieta, CA
    Vehicle:
    08' PreRunner SR5
    None yet but working on a plan to do many many fun things to it. I am on my second Tacoma. The first was a std cab, SR5 PreRunner 4cyl, manual. Sports car guy converted!
    Hey all!!,
    I am not a new Taco owner, just new to the site and my New(er) tacoma. I am a second time owner of a tacoma now, just moved up in size and power. My first was a Standard cab 2006 SR5 PreRunner (4cyl/5spd) with 50000miles (zero power options). I did a few mods to it, more agressive tires, stock stereo took a leap into the trash for DVD,Nav, touch screen, Sirius, back up cam, and bluetooth. I also added the bed extender and towing package with extra leaf spring for added weight from towing the motorcycle trailer :ballchain: :ballchain:, added fog lights (just cuz it looked way better with them):cool::cool::cool:, Intake and exhaust mostly because of the towing thing...:ballchain::ballchain: sounds like a lot of unneccessary stuff on a 4 banger but I loved it, found it with 32k miles on it for $10k a year ago. Thats when I got converted from a BMW(sports car kind of guy) to a Tacoma guy.. I got greedy this weekend and had to upgrade after i found this new(er) one on the web. :eek::eek::eek:

I found a sweet deal on my new Taco, 2008 access cab, V6/6spd manual, most of the power options, PreRunner SR5 towing package and most of the bells and whistles, with only 17k miles on it, and it had nerf bars and diamond plate tool box already in place... I traded mine, $10k, and paid $20.5k for the new one all said and done. The Nav/DVD is coming from the old to the new truck and the bed extender is moving as well... all in all sweet deal and am really happy. :D:D:D:D:D

Now its time to start upgrading and playing. Its not a 4x4 but it will do what I want it for and thats look good and perform when I need it. Suspension is first, up 2-3 inches (I'm thinking that will be plenty):cool:.. at a minimum more aggressive tires, maybe rims, intake and exhaust.. maybe even the full on Baha Bumper and brush guard... (pricey though). anyone have any inputs?! I am in the market to learn more, especially about the 4.0L power... maybe even supercharge it!!! any ideas?? thanks for listening to my excited babble... its 3 days old today (the truck I mean)... its not New but its MY NEW!!
    :D:D:D:D

see you around the forum!!
    Heath

2. Sep 20, 2011 at 6:09 PM
    RLDTACO

RLDTACO Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Houston Tx.
    Vehicle:
    2010 DCLB PreRunner SR5
    Debadged,Tailgate theft mod,Extra D-rings,OEM bed mat,TRD exhaust, 5100 Billys@ 4 corners set@ 0 with Eibach springs, rear TSB springs.N-Fab tube Steps. TRD FJ SE wheels and Michelin LTX A/T 2's
    Welcome to TW!

ltldvld[OP] likes this.
  3. Sep 20, 2011 at 6:42 PM
    DeanoCA

DeanoCA Dean

Member:
    First Name:
    Dean
    Wheatland CA
    Vehicle:
    11, Tacoma, Sport, DDL Cab, Long Bed
    Nurf Bars 1.5 Lift (Front), EOF Replacement Air Filter, Leer Shell, Tailget Lock, Okole Front Seat Covers, Air Bags
    Welcome from California.....

ltldvld[OP] likes this.
  4. Sep 21, 2011 at 7:35 AM
    4Wheelin4Banger

4Wheelin4Banger Supercharged Toyman

Member:
    First Name:
    Randy
    Ferntucky, NV Halfway between Reno & Falabama
    Vehicle:
    2011 4x4 Access Cab Supercharged Silver State Edition 245WHP
    3" OME lift 885s & Dakars riding on 33" KM2s
    [​IMG]Welcome to TW from Sparks, NV. [​IMG]

ltldvld[OP] likes this.
  5. Apr 18, 2016 at 8:16 PM
    ltldvld

Member:
    First Name:
    Heath
    Murrieta, CA
    Vehicle:
    08' PreRunner SR5
    None yet but working on a plan to do many many fun things to it. I am on my second Tacoma. The first was a std cab, SR5 PreRunner 4cyl, manual. Sports car guy converted!
    Thanks guys! Long way from where I was when I first posted!

I'm in SoCal now and having a blast! Just got some new toys and upgrading as I go and have the time...

6. Apr 18, 2016 at 8:17 PM
    ltldvld

Member:
    First Name:
    Heath
    Murrieta, CA
    Vehicle:
    08' PreRunner SR5
    Sparks NV... Thats the Reno area yes?

7. Apr 18, 2016 at 9:10 PM
    ODNAREM

ODNAREM MEMBER Of The Church Of @ODNAREM

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Huntington Beach,CA.
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Sport Prerunner
    TRD catback exhaust,FJ Cruiser trail team wheels,BFG All Terrain K02 tires,Grillcraft front grill,Pelfreybilt IFS/Mid skids,sliders,standard rear bumper,Total Chaos bed stiffeners.TRD Pro Bilstein front/rear suspension.
    Welcome to the club!:thumbsup:

8. Apr 19, 2016 at 7:08 AM
    mattgecko

mattgecko The LED Lighting Guy. MattGeckoLEDs.com

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    South San Jose, CA
    Vehicle:
    2011 DCSB O.R. 4wd TRD Super Charged
    Welcome!

Products Discussed in