1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Another new member

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Speedway, Jul 17, 2007.

1. Jul 17, 2007 at 8:46 PM
    Speedway

Speedway [OP] New Member

Member:
    Hi everyone,

Just recently came across the site in search of more info on the latest Tacoma. My 2003 Dodge Ram is proving itself to be a real POS and want to find a new home for it. I test drove two Tacomas last week and I will say it is quite a truck! I must have one.

Choosing options may be trivial for some but I'm having some trouble. Perhaps some of you could steer me in the right direction.

Four wheel drive and four doors is a must. I've always driven long bed trucks, but the Tacoma, I think, looks pretty good with the five foot bed. For those with the short bed that have had longer, do you miss the reduced space? I ride dirt bikes, so hauling one is a must. How does the tailgate handle moderate loads?

TRD Offroad vs. Sport....here is another giving me fits. Most of my driving is spent on asphalt, but I like the idea of having a rear locker and the more aggressive tread pattern on the BFs. How does each handle in the snow? My only real complaint with the sport is the hood scoop.

My apologies for this being a bit long winded. Thanks in advance for your responses.

Bryan.

2. Jul 17, 2007 at 11:02 PM
    SLOTaco

SLOTaco Ultimate Member

Member:
    Central Coast, California
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD Sport
    '06 TRD Sport 4x4 AC, K&N drop in air filter, Magnaflow cat back, Bilstein 5100's with Toytec adjustable front coil over 3" lift, rear TSB, AllPro UCA's.
    Welcome to T.W.
    If you don't like the hood scoop, and you want a locker go with the off road package. I have heard on posts that others rest their dirt bike and atv rear wheels on the tailgate with no problem. Whatever package you get, it will be a great truck.:D

3. Jul 25, 2007 at 11:47 AM
    Lee's06Taco

Lee's06Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Visalia, CA
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport 4X4
    Welcome to TW.

4. Jul 25, 2007 at 11:53 AM
    TacoChef

TacoChef Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hey Speedway, Welcome to TW. I work for Toyota. You'll have no problem w/ tailgate down. A bed extender would be a plus. Check out Toyota.com for that. I haul quads myself. Do it in the dirt!

Products Discussed in

To Top