1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Another one bites the dust!

Discussion in 'Pelfreybilt Off-Road' started by 1uzrnr, Jan 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jan 29, 2018 at 11:40 PM
    tx novice

tx novice Foward momentum

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    OAHU
    Vehicle:
    11 DC 4X4 TX PRO silver
    Trd, Cal Tech, Weather tech, Viper, Al's tinting . L.E.D's , Hide a Hitch or Chrome Stinger , Walker Evans Resi's w/AllPro 3" lift ,FLM, ProComp Xtreme MT2 , Diff Breather Mod, 4x4 Switch Light mod, Plastic Derped. Trailer Socket Relocate mod via Miles , 4:56 G2 gears. Blue Intake Spacer, S.S. Brake Lines F&R, Sway Bar Deleted, Roll-X, Pop-N-Lock Electric. Red metal TRD badges. Paid Off Mod- Chee Hu, Superbumbs(f),Timbrens(r).Pelfrey Bilt, Bamf, Urd. Cobra Heat Shield.CMC .Mishimoto (custom bracket by Nate), Powerstop, Rampage 50".Depo Taillights,SPPC Black Headlights, Rigid Industries. Factor 55.American AirFlow.
    Soooo, will there be a Pelfrey Heavy Duty version in the future? :thumbsup::fingerscrossed:

deeezy likes this.
  2. Jan 30, 2018 at 12:00 AM
    1uzrnr

1uzrnr [OP] The NotaRC 4runner :D

Member:
    Washington
    Vehicle:
    86 Samurai stockish
    Couple
    My friend told me that he wasn't moving backwards anymore, but was turning off the tree when it grabbed the bumper. Based on the weld pics he sent me, we both say it was poor workmanship. Cold fusion on all the parts that separated. If it had good penetration, this thread probably would't exist.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Jan 30, 2018 at 5:44 PM
    1uzrnr

1uzrnr [OP] The NotaRC 4runner :D

Member:
    Washington
    Vehicle:
    86 Samurai stockish
    Couple
    You're right, bumpers can be wear items and do get destroyed wheeling, but these are obviously bad welds, and that is craftsmanship. I'm sure it wouldn't have been a problem for 90% of the other bumpers you've sold, but most of those don't get used off-road or are but used lightly. The welds that ripped came right off the surface of the base metal, if the bumper was welded properly, the base metal would have ripped at the HAZ and pulled the root of the weld out.

DEDAFLO670 and deeezy like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top