1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Another question on lift

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by groundpounder17, Apr 23, 2010.

1. Apr 23, 2010 at 11:46 PM
    groundpounder17

groundpounder17 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    '09 Dbl Cab 4x4 OR 6 spd
    Hi everyone

I have an 09 DC 4x4 6 spd Tacoma that I have been considering lifting for a little over a year now. I've done tons of research but with all of the conflicting opinions its hard to make a decision. So since it is such a huge purchase I thought that I would get you guys to chime in.

1. I have pretty much decided on the icon front co. I am trying to locate some used icon UCAs but am wondering if the icon UCA will have the same bind problem as the TC when using the extended travel shocks. If I can find a reasonable deal on the icon UCAs are they really that much better than the TC?
    2. Are the icon RR front co worth the extra coin than there standard model?
    3. I have heard a lot about how the rear icon RR shocks are pretty harsh but not rebuildable, which I suppose isn't a big deal with the warranty. At $800 the kings are a little too pricey. So I guess my question would be is there a better alternative or should I just stick with the icons since that is what I plan on going everywhere else?
    4. Should I just plan on a 1.5-2" AAL or should I go with the custom leaf pack? I would definitely like to safe about $300 here on the springs but I also don't want a shi**y ride. If custom packs alcans or deavers?

Oh, btw, I plan on running 255/85r16 on stock TRD wheels. I'll probably go with the Toyo M55 or the open country tires. I really like the high mileage and toughness that is reported out of these tires. Many thanks in advance!

2. Apr 24, 2010 at 4:07 PM
    groundpounder17

groundpounder17 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    '09 Dbl Cab 4x4 OR 6 spd
    Anything anyone?

Products Discussed in

To Top