1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

another sirius thread

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Diablo, Feb 11, 2009.

1. Feb 11, 2009 at 8:42 PM
    Diablo

Diablo [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Calgary Alberta Canada
    Vehicle:
    09 Double Cab TRD
    Ok so i have an 09 with the built in antenna obviouslly. Now ive been reading all about the shark fin cable and moduals and such and am quiet confused, so heres my question, whats the best way to get my sirius going in my tacoma?

im not opposed to using my aftermarket sportster but would like to use the stock antenna, do i just need the sharkfin cable to do that?

i am also not opposed to buying the modual to utilize the sat ready stock head-unit (would prefer this ption cause of the clean install). but if i do use the stock head-unit i dont want to give up the features of my sportster, such as the pausing and pre-sets and artist alerts. do all of these still work with the head-unit modual?

Any and all info would be seriously appreciated.

2. Feb 13, 2009 at 8:33 AM
    zero niner

zero niner romeo oscar bravo

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Pacific Northwest
    Vehicle:
    09 DC SB Prerunner
    All Pro front plate bumper, 5100 1.75" Bilstein up front, 1" block and TSB in rear, UWS lowpro tool box, Toyota Side Steps
  3. Feb 14, 2009 at 2:14 AM
    Diablo

Diablo [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Calgary Alberta Canada
    Vehicle:
    09 Double Cab TRD
    anyone else?

4. Feb 14, 2009 at 8:30 AM
    zero niner

zero niner romeo oscar bravo

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Pacific Northwest
    Vehicle:
    09 DC SB Prerunner
    All Pro front plate bumper, 5100 1.75" Bilstein up front, 1" block and TSB in rear, UWS lowpro tool box, Toyota Side Steps
    Maybe this will help, if you want to use the stock satellite antenna, you'll need the shark fin adapter as shown above.

If you want to use your Sportster with your stock deck, you'll need to get the Sportster car kit which will allow you to use all of your features of your Sportster through an empty FM frequency on your stock deck. All of the features you request will be able to be done with this method.

That should answer all of your questions. If you have any more specific questions, just let me know. I've done all the home work already for my install.

Rob

Products Discussed in

To Top