1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Another source for the inexpensive LRV Protecta bed mat.

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by JonF, Aug 12, 2009.

1. Jan 24, 2012 at 6:40 PM
    DdayIsNear

DdayIsNear Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Crazy
    NW Jersey
    Vehicle:
    TRD Offroad
    All pro sliders
  2. Jan 24, 2012 at 6:42 PM
    nova423

nova423 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCLB TRD Sport
    Nerf bars, LED lights, truxport tonneau
    No doubt! I thought maybe someone had something to quickly identify between the two suppliers models.

3. Jan 26, 2012 at 8:17 PM
    ordnaryavgguy

ordnaryavgguy New Member

Member:
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    Silver Streak 2011 DC LB
    Dee Zee's less desirable supplier model does not include D ring cutouts, has no 5 ft cut line and the top surface generally looks like someone made it in their garage with spray on rubber. Also, the nubs on the back are grouped in 3 nubs in a triangle pattern about 1 much apart. Lastly, mine had stamped on the right rear top, where the D ring cutouts should have been, something like 'Tacoma dual, acc. 06'

The Dee Zee preferred mat has the cutouts, the faint cut line and the surface looks like a light pebble surface. The nubs on the back of it are not grouped, simply evenly scattered nubs and all about 2.5 inches apart.

If you ordered a Dee Zee from Amazon or other, you might be just fine. Several others here ordered from Amazon and clearly received the preferred mat. I wasn't so lucky. I received my Protecta LRV 6964 today and it is clearly exactly the same as the preferred Dee Zee mat described above, clearly better fit and finish than the less desirable of the 2 Dee Zee mats. Again, I ordered the LRV just to be certain to get the correct of the 2. It is a truly quality product out of the box (bag). At $64.95 with free shipping, you will not be disappointed.

I expect Dee Zee will get this straightened out, but not before more of the 'bad' mat get out there to buyers. I am interested, going forward how many new Dee Zee mat buyers get the good one.

4. Jan 27, 2012 at 4:57 PM
    zul

zul Professional Goofball

Member:
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    2012 Pyrite Mica DCSB SR5 4WD V6 AT
    HAVE: Bed mat, Tailgate Lock, Color-matched Grille, Weathertech Floor Liners, Avid Step Rails, RokBlokz mud flaps WANT: Rear Plate Bumper, Steel bed cage
    Thank you very much for the information. As stated previously, I got one of the shitty versions. I dont even know why it is sold as the same thing. It is a completely different mat. I'm honestly still a little pissed about it. Then again, it still works for its intended purpose. It was much more effort and time to install and doesnt look nearly as good, but it works. I may go directly to DeeZee and ask for a replacement... they should not deliver a Huffy when you purchase a Trek.

5. Jan 29, 2012 at 4:08 PM
    nova423

nova423 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCLB TRD Sport
    Nerf bars, LED lights, truxport tonneau
    I ended up getting the bad mat too, no dring cutouts or faint line for cutting it shorter. Have you contacted deezee yet?

6. Feb 22, 2012 at 5:34 PM
    greenrustic

greenrustic Well-Known Member

Member:
    NY
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCLB 4x4 TRD SPORT
    Access LTD Tonneau Cover, Weather Tech Digital Fit Mats, Weather Tech Rain Guards, 35% Tint up Front, AFE Dry Power Intake Filter, Debadged, GrilleCraft, OME 884x, OME 9000 NitroChargers, Icon 3 Leaf Progressive AAL
    I guess StreetSide Auto sells the cheapo mat too. Not happy with the quality, the wheel well cut outs aren't done well, very sloppy. What a pain, hopefully they can send me the good one or just give me my money back and I'll go for the Proteca. Thanks for all the info it pays to be informed.

7. Feb 23, 2012 at 7:39 PM
    greenrustic

Member:
    NY
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCLB 4x4 TRD SPORT
    Access LTD Tonneau Cover, Weather Tech Digital Fit Mats, Weather Tech Rain Guards, 35% Tint up Front, AFE Dry Power Intake Filter, Debadged, GrilleCraft, OME 884x, OME 9000 NitroChargers, Icon 3 Leaf Progressive AAL
    Returning the DeeZee as no one can guarantee I will receive the good one...streetside is picking up the tab for the shipping, I thought that was a nice move on their part. Couldn't find the Protecta mat for anything newer than an '07 and i wasn't certain that would work so I just went with the oem mat. Delivered to my door for $96.90 exactly $40.00 more then the DeeZee. A little pricey but at least I know what I am getting.

8. Feb 24, 2012 at 8:32 AM
    pappabear

pappabear Active Member

Member:
    S.W. Pa
    Vehicle:
    2012 dc,v6,at,off road, towing package
    I got OEM bed mat. Very pleased with it and the fit is great. Can't go wrong if you buy it.

9. Mar 1, 2012 at 5:18 PM
    greenrustic

Member:
    NY
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCLB 4x4 TRD SPORT
    I got the OEM bed mat and installed it today. Fits perfect and is nice quality. I'm happy.

Products Discussed in

To Top