1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Another Successful Spring TSB Story

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by sodak, Aug 8, 2009.

1. Aug 8, 2009 at 9:00 PM
    sodak

sodak [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma
    I thought there was a sticky with folks adding dealers who honored the TSB (0305-08 for my truck), but I couldn't find it. I went to Mountain States Toyota in Denver, where I bought mine (2006 extra cab Tacoma, 2.7). They agreed the springs were bad, and had them ordered and in stock in 2 days.

I brought the truck in at 0800, it was ready by 1630. The rear end sits a little higher, the ride is much firmer, but still not as stiff as my 88 was. All in all, I'm glad I got it done, just under the wire for my warranty. I tried calling the 800 number, they acted like they didn't know what I was talking about, so I just went into the dealer ship, and talked to one of the service managers (Fred). He was very helpful and aware of the TSB, had no problems with it at all.

My old springs were just a little past flat, with a slight inverted arch. They would sag horribly with any type of load, so I'm pretty happy, and can now take the family camping up the rough 4WD trails without worrying about severe bottom out.

2. Aug 8, 2009 at 9:31 PM
    solus

solus HOME!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Bremerton, WA
    Vehicle:
    RR 4wd SR5
    did you get the yellow and blue bilstein front and rear shocks...

All I did to get my TSB done was bring a copy of the TSB into the dealer and they were cool about... no test drive nothing

3. Aug 9, 2009 at 5:51 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Congrats on getting the problem taken are of. It should be that easy- No test drives or anything- You shouldn't even need the TSB. Just complain about the harsh ride/bottoming out and that should trigger the fix right there- so I'm glad it's getting done for folks.

4. Aug 9, 2009 at 7:14 AM
    sodak

sodak [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma
    Yes, I got the Bilsteins, as well as a printout of the measurements for my front end alignment. I really like the way it rides now, much better!

5. Aug 9, 2009 at 7:39 AM
    Old Soul

Old Soul Well-Known Member

Member:
    NC
    Vehicle:
    09 AC V6 SR5 2WD SWB
    not to many, love it the way it is
    Glad that the tsb was a no hassle thing for you..

I'm thinking of waiting until later to get the tsb, hopefully the 09's will be added to the tsb list by then so there will be no hassles. Unlike the average taco owner I actually haul heavy materials sometimes for work so getting the tsb seems like the thing to do.

like the OP of this thread it seems wise to get the tsb when the original springs are saggy and the warranty is almost up, it is like getting a brand new ride 30k into the life of the vehicle.

My only concern is how well will the springs hold up for any material I am hauling up until the point of getting the tsb springs put on. so far the loads I've hauled have not been to heavy. I also added a set of $25 helper springs on the truck that I purchased from auto zone , ( they were added backwards as per the intructions and add more of a sway bar affect rather than a load capacity improvement, this really helped with windy days out on the freeway, the truck does not move all over the place when a gust of wind hits it and it did stiffen up the suspension just a little bit.) certainly a well spent $25

Products Discussed in

To Top