1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Another TPMS question....

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by IndigoTaco, Aug 31, 2009.

1. Aug 31, 2009 at 1:46 PM
    IndigoTaco

IndigoTaco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 Access Cab Sport 4x4
    I've searched and searched, and aside from putting lawnmower wheels under my bed or dealing with the light, how do I get this light off my dash?

Stock wheels/tires, all are inflated to 40psi. Spare included. The damn light is still on. It's happened before, but after a check on all tires and proper inflation, it went back off. How long till this thing resets? If it doesn't, is this something that is covered by warranty? I'm not shellin out a dime to fix that fucking sensor. We've driven for how many years without tire pressure sensors? And we need them because........

2. Aug 31, 2009 at 2:19 PM
    cjimenRR

cjimenRR Be Good or Be Good At It

Member:
    North Hollywood, Ca
    Vehicle:
    12' Sport DC,LB, 4x4
    Understand that checking your tires and inflating them to the correct pressure when cold will not "fix" your tire pressure light. The following is the proper procedure as per section 1-7, page 204 in everyones owners manual;

* first verify no tires are low on pressure and if so adjust to proper psi when tires are cold if possible INCLUDING your spare

*once tires are properly inflated turn your car on, engine idling and find your tire pressure switch (should be near your knees if your sitting in the drivers seat)

*with the car running press and hold the tire pressure switch till the light goes off, you still have not re-initialized the system yet. Let go of the button once the light is off

* this is the most CRITICAL part of the whole re-initialization; with the car still running press and HOLD the tire pressure button till the light flashes 3 times and then let go of the button.

This is the proper way to re-intialize the tpms when a flat has been repaired, pressure adjusted, or tires rotated.

3. Aug 31, 2009 at 2:32 PM
    IndigoTaco

IndigoTaco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 Access Cab Sport 4x4
    Impressive. I didn't cross that page I guess when I had it out this afternoon. Thanks man.

4. Aug 31, 2009 at 2:47 PM
    cjimenRR

cjimenRR Be Good or Be Good At It

Member:
    North Hollywood, Ca
    Vehicle:
    12' Sport DC,LB, 4x4
    Do it the way I outlined it, if you read the manual you'll be scratching your head. Remember that unless the tire light is flashing there is no problem with the system or the sensors.

Products Discussed in

To Top