1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Anxiety / Depression

Discussion in 'Health' started by crashngiggles, Jun 13, 2016.

1. Jul 4, 2016 at 6:43 PM
    DustStorm4x4

DustStorm4x4 BBC 2020

Member:
    U S A
    Vehicle:
    04 Jeep LJ
    That's good. You hear most of PTSD sufferers have PTSD because of combat. A lot of people don't realize that you don't have to be in combat to have the disorder.

I have PTSD also and wasn't in the armed forces. Glad to see the VA is helping. I wish you the best getting the condition under your control.

DrFunker and Tatts521 like this.
  2. Jul 4, 2016 at 6:45 PM
    Markcal

Markcal Well-Known Member

Member:
    Do you know what caused your PTSD?

ChadsPride likes this.
  3. Jul 4, 2016 at 6:47 PM
    DustStorm4x4

DustStorm4x4 BBC 2020

Member:
    U S A
    Vehicle:
    04 Jeep LJ
    Many traumatic experiences a handful of years ago. Went to therapy and counseling for years for it. It helped but only to a certain extent. Never tried medication for it. Don't want to either.

ChadsPride likes this.
  4. Jul 4, 2016 at 6:55 PM
    Markcal

Markcal Well-Known Member

Member:
    When I can get myself to workout, like another post stated to fatigue, it does wonders and it's like a drug to help with anxiety/depression, but I don't know if it could do the same for PTSD.

MTopp and ChadsPride like this.
  5. Jul 4, 2016 at 6:55 PM
    User Name01

User Name01 Little boy from FairyTale Land

Member:
    First Name:
    Bolbi Stroganovsky
    Wherever the next wind project is
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport Barcelona Red Metallic Dbl Cab 4x4
    Yes......anxiety. Everyday, most of the day.

6. Jul 4, 2016 at 7:07 PM
    Tatts521

Tatts521 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    New Jersey, Jersey Shore
    Vehicle:
    2012 tacoma-00 honda accord-04cbr1000rr-22ktm890duke R-19 wr450f-98rm250
    I know the feeling.

Large, DustStorm4x4 and ChadsPride like this.
  7. Jul 4, 2016 at 9:22 PM
    nfs257

nfs257 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    DFW
    Vehicle:
    She gone
    So while I'm still active duty I have zero combat experience unless being out to sea counts.

I have panic attacks probably once a week where I can't breathe and go all tingly. And depression where stuff I love to do is like the last thing I want to do. My parents went thru a bad 2 year divorce and due to the way I was raised I haven't spoken to my father since. This also gave me nightmares where I was waking up punching the walls and just shaking uncontrollably. To top all this off its been 3 years of dealing with military medicine and them tells me there isn't any reasons my knees hurt and make it to where I can't even walk a block at a time. I found out a few months ago they are going to try to medically separate me for my knees. This is the only thing I have ever known since I graduated hs. I have been to the mental health services 3 separate times and they make me feel like they are just placating me and basically shrug and go come back if you want. If not it's ok.

So long story short I have tried to get help for anxiety and depression and panic attacks over the course of the last 3-4 years and they simply don't want to help it seems.

Mikenewgun87 likes this.
  8. Jul 4, 2016 at 10:07 PM
    Tatts521

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    New Jersey, Jersey Shore
    Vehicle:
    Zanex will help with the anxiety. But its easy to get hooked on them but if ypi can control the amount you take it will def. Help. Theres all types of meds out there that will help with depression. I take zoloft 100mg twice a day. It does its job. Try seeking out an actual doctor instead of using the military docs.

Mikenewgun87 likes this.
  9. Jul 4, 2016 at 10:16 PM
    JLaScala

JLaScala Super White is gonna treat you right.

Member:
    Snohomish Washington
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Sport 4x4 long bed crew cab.
    Secondary air filter removal, K&N drop in, Removed front mud flaps, Toyota all weather matts, skid plate, bug guard. Bilstein 5100's all around fronts set at 2.5", OME add a leaf, Goodyear Wrangler Authority 265/70/17, stubby 6.5" antenna, smoked tail lights, blacked out badges.
    I have never been in the military, but I have ptsd because I used to be a fighter. Sometimes I will jump out of bed in the middle of the night thinking I'm in a fight. It takes my wife quite a bit of effort to talk me down. The worst part was that she said she was afraid of me. That was a hard thing to hear. I also suffer from depression and anxiety. Exercise or a hobby you enjoy helps with the depression. A good anti anxiety med helps with that and controlled breathing. Look into hydroxyzine. You aren't alone. Good luck.:thumbsup:

Markcal and Tatts521 like this.
  10. Jul 4, 2016 at 10:31 PM
    because_wumbo-truck

because_wumbo-truck TTC#036 1st Degenerate Urban Off-Roader

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Houston, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2006 Gordita Blanca V8 4x4 aka "Penelope"
    Sliders and bumper, DDI injectors, flowmaster 40
    Xanax

ChadsPride likes this.
  11. Jul 4, 2016 at 10:42 PM
    Tatts521

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    New Jersey, Jersey Shore
    Vehicle:
    Thank you for the correction

12. Jul 4, 2016 at 10:51 PM
    IronPeak

IronPeak PermaLurker

Member:
    First Name:
    AuggieX
    Back to Back
    Vehicle:
    2007 sr5 4x4 DCLB/2015 TRD sport 4x4 DCLB sold
    Bigger Taller Slower

Be careful with xanax, new guidelines are for dr to not prescribe or if so in very small quantities. LIke 2. Your dr may not be aware of this. Hypnotics (benzodiazapines, xanax, valium, ativan) when used wrong can amplify the very symptoms one is hoping to quell. They work in the short term (I know) but used for a period of time then ceasing can be dangerous.

DustStorm4x4 likes this.
  13. Jul 4, 2016 at 11:11 PM
    QMEDJoe

QMEDJoe Proverbs 3:5-6

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Fleetwood NC
    Vehicle:
    2003 black DLX Tacoma,5VZ-FE,5 speed,4x4.
    Fox 2.0 Coilovers in the front and Fox 2.0’s in the rear, Total Chaos UCA’s, Al-lpro expo leafs, K&N cold air intake, TRD headers,Magnaflow catback exhaust,URD short throw shifter, switched out my 60/40 bench seat for some Tacoma Limited seats, Replaced the vinyl shift boot for a leather one, completely soundproofed the cab w/ Frost King. Replaced stock radio with a Pioneer AVH series head unit. Focal component system w/a 10" sub powered by 2 Alpine amps. Weathertech floor mats. Line-X'd the bed. SCS Ray 10’s, Installed an A.R.E. MX series camper shell. All-Pro Apex front bumper w/ All-Pro skid plates all the way back to the Trans. Low Range fuel skid plate.
    Your IBS has a lot to do with your anxiety. Its amazing how much our bodies are interconnected to itself, for instance within our digestive systems we actually neurons. I don't need to ask you about your food intolerances. I've had similar issues throughout my life. Mine I believe was rather wholly or partially connected to my Amalgam (or silver fillings) which contain 50% of mercury which is the 2nd most toxic element on the planet, Why do they put in our teeth!?... the same reason we have complete idiots running our government ( on both sides) Not to mention the laundry list of toxic chemicals that are found in vaccines. it ultimately comes down to how well your body detoxes or how efficiently you can chelate heavy metals naturally. If you are a good detoxer your body will do what it was created to do but if you are not a good detoxer then those toxins will build, once the digestion system is compromised so many other areas fall apart. Brain fog, emotional and mental whoas in which they just want to pump you with pills that have more side effects than your body can handle. I'm making an appointment with a holistic MD here in Dallas, I'm almost out of the woods myself. I've done hundreds of hours of research on my symptoms and what may be causing them, I spoke with countless others that also was struggling with similar symptoms and started on a protocol that has me feeling a lot better. The Dr with running various tests should give me a good idea with what treatment I need to further my pathway to health. I'm not taking this lying down. I will be healthy once again!... All the best to you good sir

Justified and shakerhood[QUOTED] like this.
  14. Jul 4, 2016 at 11:15 PM
    QMEDJoe

QMEDJoe Proverbs 3:5-6

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Fleetwood NC
    Vehicle:
    2003 black DLX Tacoma,5VZ-FE,5 speed,4x4.
    Fox 2.0 Coilovers in the front and Fox 2.0’s in the rear, Total Chaos UCA’s, Al-lpro expo leafs, K&N cold air intake, TRD headers,Magnaflow catback exhaust,URD short throw shifter, switched out my 60/40 bench seat for some Tacoma Limited seats, Replaced the vinyl shift boot for a leather one, completely soundproofed the cab w/ Frost King. Replaced stock radio with a Pioneer AVH series head unit. Focal component system w/a 10" sub powered by 2 Alpine amps. Weathertech floor mats. Line-X'd the bed. SCS Ray 10’s, Installed an A.R.E. MX series camper shell. All-Pro Apex front bumper w/ All-Pro skid plates all the way back to the Trans. Low Range fuel skid plate.
    Love me some Casting Crowns!

docloco[QUOTED] likes this.
  15. Jul 5, 2016 at 9:21 AM
    muddog67

muddog67 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Thank you Mark

Markcal[QUOTED] likes this.
  16. Jul 5, 2016 at 9:22 AM
    muddog67

muddog67 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Thank you Mat

17. Jul 5, 2016 at 10:25 AM
    shakerhood

shakerhood Well-Known Member

Member:
    Southern Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2017 MGM DCSB Off Road, 6 Speed MT, P&T
    [QUOTE="QMEDJoe, post: 12770317, member: 141714yIBS has a lot to do with your anxiety. Its amazing how much our bodies are interconnected to itself, for instance within our digestive systems we actually neurons. I don't need to ask you about your food intolerances. I've had similar issues throughout my life. Mine I believe was rather wholly or partially connected to my Amalgam (or silver fillings) which contain 50% of mercury which is the 2nd most toxic element on the planet, Why do they put in our teeth!?... the same reason we have complete idiots running our government ( on both sides) Not to mention the laundry list of toxic chemicals that are found in vaccines. it ultimately comes down to how well your body detoxes or how efficiently you can chelate heavy metals naturally. If you are a good detoxer your body will do what it was created to do but if you are not a good detoxer then those toxins will build, once the digestion system is compromised so many other areas fall apart. Brain fog, emotional and mental whoas in which they just want to pump you with pills that have more side effects than your body can handle. I'm making an appointment with a holistic MD here in Dallas, I'm almost out of the woods myself. I've done hundreds of hours of research on my symptoms and what may be causing them, I spoke with countless others that also was struggling with similar symptoms and started on a protocol that has me feeling a lot better. The Dr with running various tests should give me a good idea with what treatment I need to further my pathway to health. I'm not taking this lying down. I will be healthy once again!... All the best to you good sir[/QUOTE]
    Thanks Bro, good luck to your quest in finding answers

QMEDJoe likes this.
  18. Jul 10, 2016 at 4:06 AM
    1Shifter

1Shifter Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Outta the black and into the blue
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner
    Same as everybody else...
    Great bunch of guys on this forum. I appreciate everyone sharing their experiences and offering advice and support. This forum helps me more than I can express.

Mikenewgun87, Large, nfs257 and 3 others like this.
  19. Jul 21, 2016 at 8:18 PM
    Justified

Justified Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Wayne
    Nevada
    Vehicle:
    2023 MGM 4x4 TRD Off Road
    I had jury duty today and my anxiety was really giving me issues. I also had a really big panic attack. Being able to talk to my wife helped but man it was awful.

20. Jul 21, 2016 at 8:33 PM
    Steves104x4

Steves104x4 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Buffalo NY
    Vehicle:
    2010 RC 2.7 4x4
    BUCKLE UP! It makes it harder for Aliens to pull you out of your Truck.
    3 slow deep breaths and imagine being on vacation laying on a beach somewhere has worked well for me, thank God and special thanks to the lady Dr. that helped me.

docloco likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top