1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Anxiety / Depression

Discussion in 'Health' started by crashngiggles, Jun 13, 2016.

1. Feb 8, 2017 at 3:55 PM
    1Shifter

1Shifter Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Outta the black and into the blue
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner
    Same as everybody else...
    What can be challenging is when the other person does not recognise that they have an issue at all and refuses to get help despite professional advice. I hope things work out for everyone that is involved in challenging relationships.

2. Feb 10, 2017 at 6:19 PM
    Large

Large Red

Member:
    I refused for a long time .. the therapist didn't help much but the psychiatrist did. I do still see her every 3 months.

Mikenewgun87 likes this.
  3. Feb 11, 2017 at 7:55 AM
    jimbo21

jimbo21 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    jim
    hasbrouck heights, nj
    Vehicle:
    2017 silver TRD off road
    mats and bed mat
    Glad you found what works for you.

4. Nov 16, 2017 at 10:25 AM
    Age315

Age315 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    AJ
    Castle Rock, CO
    Vehicle:
    2016 BBP Yeti Mobile
    TRD Baja Kit with JBA UCA's 1/2 inch spacer on top, Medium Dakars with BAMF hangars and super bumps all around. 285/75/16 Cooper Discoverer AT3 XLT's on graphite TRD faux beadlock wheels. Pro skid powder coated black with Pelfreybilt aluminum mid skid and aluminum gas tank skid.
  5. Nov 16, 2017 at 2:47 PM
    Large

Large Red

Member:
    I haven't contributed much to this thread, I just like reading all the responses and whatnot and see how people cope with it. I've been doing some meditation stuff I learned from on YouTube (don't laugh lol). But seems to be working so I can't complain. I had a bad panic attack the other morning around 3 am, first one in a long time.

6. Dec 29, 2017 at 3:31 PM
    Emeraldlc

Emeraldlc Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sam
    I feel like everyone gets depressed, at least to some extent. The key is how you deal with it. I find that music and creating things helps me. Just whatever you do, don't be hard on yourself for being depressed. Don't fall into that vicious cycle.

TomTwo likes this.
  7. Dec 29, 2017 at 4:12 PM
    Steves104x4

Steves104x4 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Buffalo NY
    Vehicle:
    2010 RC 2.7 4x4
    BUCKLE UP! It makes it harder for Aliens to pull you out of your Truck.
    E2E28F77-2EFC-4D59-8732-F71EF92DB27C.jpg This makes it all better

BassAckwards likes this.
  8. Dec 29, 2017 at 4:27 PM
    koditten

koditten Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kirk
    Central Michigan
    Vehicle:
    04 trd x-cab 4 x 4 3.4l
    Reserected from the dead.
    I think I'm suffering from a small form of SAAD. It got brutally cold a full month ahead of time here. Not being able to spend time outside like I normally do is bringing me down.

Know, small potatoes. I'm not trivializing true depression. Just trying to relate. Just know, we will get thru this, no matter how long it takes.

Know that no matter how bad you feel, go ahead and put it in print. We will all do our best to help you along.

9. Dec 29, 2017 at 4:50 PM
    TomTwo

TomTwo I love God but I cuss a little

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    I-85 Southbound and Truckin
    Vehicle:
    Totaled 2012 TRD Sport, 2013 TRD Double Cab Sport
    See post # 135 and add that I was diagnosed with two types of cancer in March 2017, Has really made me fight with depression but you never know how strong you are until you have to be that strong!! One cancer has been removed and is gone now and I have the other one on the run but so far NO cure for it. Be Strong everyone. I hope 2018 will be better for all of us.

Tatts521, Age315 and stickyTaco like this.
  10. Jan 3, 2018 at 5:30 PM
    kystnTRD

kystnTRD Ramblin Man

Member:
    NW Pennsylvania
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD Sport 6MT
    Good luck and good attitude! I wish more people knew this thread was here. This is a very important conversation and speaks volumes for the members of this community. X2 on having a great and positive 2018 everyone.

11. Feb 25, 2018 at 8:46 PM
    bluedevil008

bluedevil008 Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '11 Silver TX TRD
    Wife is talking about having anxiety and looking at getting a Corgi as a therapy dog. Anyone have any experience?

12. May 29, 2018 at 8:15 PM
    gasparic104

gasparic104 Trusty Spotter

Member:
    First Name:
    Cayleigh
    Instagram: @NotSo_JDM
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tacoma TRD Sport DCLB; 21 & 03 Corolla
    Had a fucked up childhood, had really bad depression as a kid that started around the first grade. My mom found a school psychologist and had them do a study on me. My dad (primary parent) found out and got pissed about it and what they had to say. I have no clue what the report said but I was a crazy morbid kid. Started abusing opiates in freshman year of high school. Started developing weird pains and aches, easily sprained and dislocated joints. My dad is a disabled vet and refuses to believe anyone could be in as much pain as him or anything close. Started abusing opiates, overdosed on my bedroom floor, no one noticed, somehow woke up alive, quit after that. Shortly after got diagnosed with a rare genetic condition that affects the heart, joints, GI tract, etc. Got into a relationship with an old nerdy friend of mine, he became an abusive stoner asshole. He got me into pot for a while claiming it would help with my pain. He started smoking with my best friend and my step sister and driving them around while high so I broke up with him. He got caught with drugs with my friend at the park, she killed herself, I was a senior in high school. I got my drivers license by myself after school ended and loaded up a uhaul to drive across the country 2 days later with my current husband, we had met online in a video game, never met in person before we moved. I got a job at a pharmacy where my boss would call me names in front of customers. Hated the job but loved the old people and learning about pharmacology and conditions. Patients are pretty brutal sometimes too haha. I had to drive past my boss's house every night after work on this over pass type loop over a river. Tried to go over the bridge in my car one night, barely missed the concrete, got home and decided to talk to the doctor about my issues. Got diagnosed with severe Manic Depressive Disorder or something like that. Tried Celexa, got sick. Prozac evened out my highs and lows but I was still depressed and it inhibited my want make things but at least I was getting out of bed on my days off. Was having panic attacks at work. I refused to believe I had an anxiety disorder because everyone claims they have it and it's bs. We moved thank god and we both like our jobs, make more money, bought the boy a tacoma, got a cat, and things started evening out. Then I became super nauseous every day, doctors thought it was my gallbladder, took it out. Was still sick and had tons of complications in the hospital. Thousands in med bills, almost lost my job, so sick I could barely get out of bed most days, prozac doesn't do shit anymore, every day is a fucking nightmare. Doctor put me on xanax last week and boom, I can eat a bit again. It wasn't just anxiety but gastroparesis. I'm doing a lot better mentally this week. Working full time, drawing when I get home, eating a bit more. It's been a struggle, that's the shortest I've ever been able to fit my problems into words; there's a lot missing but it works lol. Thinking about doing a drug trial for OCD here soon. Having depression since childhood sucks but overall I feel much happier being an adult, earning what I have and doing what I need to when I need to without judgement or having to ask for help. I think I was much more severely depressed as a child. As a pharmacy tech now I know a lot about various psych meds and how they work, and depression is just so different for everyone it's amazing. I was so afraid to be on an antidepressant for so long, prozac is probably the least scary drug I've ever been on and I'm glad I take it. RIP libido though lmao

Mikenewgun87 and Tatts521 like this.
  13. May 31, 2018 at 3:29 PM
    Tatts521

Tatts521 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    New Jersey, Jersey Shore
    Vehicle:
    2012 tacoma- cbr1000rr-ktm890 duke R- 19 wr450f
    Be very careful on Xanax. Highly addictive. Also I'm on two different pills one is zoloft. The is called lamictol. Could be spelled wrong but the Zoloft is for the depression im also a manic depression and suffer from a serious mood disorder.

14. May 31, 2018 at 4:23 PM
    crashngiggles

crashngiggles [OP] Tacomaworld's Resident Psych Dr.

Member:
    First Name:
    Jared
    Wilbraham, Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    2013 MGM TRD 4x4 DCLB Trail Limo
    I agree with @Tatts521 , be very careful with Xanax. It does have the tendency to be the most widely abused over all of the benzodiazepines, especially knowing your previous addictive tendencies with opiates. It is widely used for short acting panic attacks because it is more fast acting. I usually prescribe them to my patients in small doses as a PRN (as needed) basis when they might feel the panic attack coming on. Lamictal is actually used more for bipolar disorder then Zoloft. Zoloft does have a number of side effects that a lot of people dont like but when it works for you it works. Medication alone is not the primary answer without working with a good therapist to learn coping mechanisms to deal with the behavioral aspect of the particular mental health issue. All of my patients are required to go to therapy if I am prescribing them any medication to get the best outcomes. If you haven't found a good therapist please keep looking. There are a lot of bad ones out there unfortunately and once you find someone you click with it works very well to create the change you need. Depression and anxiety are nasty stepsisters..........very much related but very much not. You can be severely depressed and be anxious because your depressed and very much anxious and be depressed because you are anxious. This is why there are so many depression medications out there due to whereabouts on the line between them you are. @gasparic104 , good luck in your recovery. I commend you for all you have been through and that you found something that works for you.

gasparic104 and Tatts521 like this.
  15. May 31, 2018 at 4:38 PM
    Tatts521

Tatts521 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    New Jersey, Jersey Shore
    Vehicle:
    2012 tacoma- cbr1000rr-ktm890 duke R- 19 wr450f
    It took a while but found a really good doc. Knows how to treat my symtoms. I wish the best for who ever deals with these disorders. As I am dealing with this everyday since I was diagnosed when I was 14 and progressively got worse. But good doc and therapist is always a plus

16. May 31, 2018 at 8:27 PM
    gasparic104

Member:
    First Name:
    Cayleigh
    Vehicle:
    I was surprised my doctor just threw me on it no questions asked. I just saw a GI doctor today so hopefully we can get this figured out. My doctor wrote .25 mg for 1tidprn. I've been taking it every day after I wake up and if my stomach starts getting bad again a few hours before bed I'll take another. I've had 30 for 2 weeks as of today, and I'm about half way through it so I think I'm doing pretty good. I'm probably going to have to refill it at least once before the doctor gets things figured out if I want to function. We just lost 3 people at work this week so they want me in there double time haha. I'd love to see a therapist but I don't have the money. All these med bills and not being able to work full time we are just kinda scraping by lately. I had to drop physical therapy when I got sick too.

Mikenewgun87 and shakerhood like this.
  17. May 31, 2018 at 8:39 PM
    crashngiggles

Member:
    First Name:
    Jared
    Wilbraham, Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    Is your doctor that put you on the Xanax a Psychiatrist or Primary Care Physician? .25mg is a small amount but remember that he wrote it as TID prn which means that you "can" take up to three s day "if needed" but not necessary if you don't. The one thing you don't want to do is take them just because even if you dont need to. That is how physical dependency can start. Benzodiazepine withdrawal is no joke, not that I am saying that it will happen, but with your history just be aware and careful. The reason why I am asking about what type of doctor you have is because most primary care physicians start a person on benzodiazepines to try to help the person and end up making things worse in the long run. I see it all of the time in my practice. A psychiatrist on the other hand can monitor your symptoms better knowing that the specialize in mental health.

Tatts521 likes this.
  18. May 31, 2018 at 8:47 PM
    gasparic104

Member:
    First Name:
    Cayleigh
    Vehicle:
    Yeah its my pcp. shes a bit of a piece of work. I almost lost my job because after my gallbladder surgery because she sent segwick leave of absence papers that said my diagnosis was "chronic nausea" and filled nothing else out. I had segwick fax it to me at work because I didn't believe them lol. As a pharmacy tech I see lots of usually middle aged women or younger people who used to abuse opiates trying to refill the prescriptions early or freaking out because they're on their last dose and their doctor hasn't sent them a refill yet. It freaks me out. She spent a long time just throwing samples of meds at me to try to help. I think she must be very used to drug seeking patients. people these days just want meds to fix their problems. I'm willing to make lifestyle changes I just have no clue where to start. I try to eat as healthy as I can but I guess I havent found the right foods for me yet. There isn't much I can eat anymore.

19. May 31, 2018 at 8:52 PM
    crashngiggles

Member:
    First Name:
    Jared
    Wilbraham, Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    I do hope your gastroenterologist can help you figure things out. Please keep me updated and PM me if you have any questions or concerns. I have offered my services before to the TW community and helped out other members when I could with a local ear or sound psychiatric advise. Good luck.

Tatts521 likes this.
  20. May 31, 2018 at 8:54 PM
    gasparic104

Member:
    First Name:
    Cayleigh
    Vehicle:
    I really appreciate that, thank you. It's been 7 months of this and I have a feeling it's still going to be a while if they ever can figure anything out.

Products Discussed in

To Top