1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Any advice on a supercharger?

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by stihlfoursix_0, Apr 4, 2010.

1. Apr 4, 2010 at 1:16 AM
    stihlfoursix_0

stihlfoursix_0 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Idaho
    Vehicle:
    05 DC TRD OR
    I'm in the market for the alpine supercharger for my 2.7 4cyl, the dealer says it's a bad idea for this engine...they won't even install it! do you guys have any insight? am I going to have to "beef up" any other parts along with the supercharger? thanks a mil :confused:

2. Apr 4, 2010 at 9:02 AM
    xsvtoyz

xsvtoyz Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    AL
    Oklahoma
    Vehicle:
    03 Pre-Runner Inprogress
    HID (ACA)/ Web cams/ Header/Full Custom exhaust/ K&N FIPK II/SuperCharger
    did mine last January and its awesome I love the whine and the power I have an 03 3rz with the 9psi pulley. ZZZOOOOOOOOMMMMM. make sure you get the piggy back and the 5th injector. I am having a tough time finding a 170 degree Tstat for my 3rz but that does not affect it. I did get the walbro 190 fuel pump just to be sure. even with my pre-runner auto and 265-75-r16 it will still light em up from a stop. I have to drive nice though $175 a tire is too much to waste playing like a kid but I can if I want to.

3. Apr 4, 2010 at 9:26 AM
    BradleyScottETC

BradleyScottETC Class IV Category 8 Elite VIP Member (Only)

Member:
    First Name:
    Bradley
    Lake County, FL
    Vehicle:
    10 4.0 AC 4x4
    Well yeah, I probably wouldn't put one on my truck and go- I'd say install it yourself with a boost controller and work your way up from just a few PSI and see what your truck can handle. I don't think they had forced-induction in mind when they designed the 2TR, and I can see why the dealer would be reluctant to put in an aftermarket supercharger because it would make them liable for anything that happens to your engine, wouldn't it? Well, at least they would expect you to return to them, pissed, if things didn't go well.

4. Apr 4, 2010 at 9:28 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    My advice = Get One!!

Products Discussed in

To Top